Is a rental car necessary if staying at POP?

MistyD

Mouseketeer
There will be 6 of us, 4 adults, an almost 5 year old and an 18 month old. On our past trips we've always had a rental car but we didn't have as many traveling. Admittedly we are spoiled to having our car so will we find the buses at POP or any other Value unbearable? Since we have so many in our party this time around we are weighing staying at POP and paying for a rental car vs staying at a Mod since they are closer in and just using the buses.

Thanks for any input!

I don't think a car is necessary, but I'm not you. But Pop is very well-located. It's not more than five minutes by bus from DHS, and not a whole lot further from Epcot. It's so close to Caribbean Beach that they share Housekeeping and Maintenance services - and CBR is relatively close to Downtown Disney, isn't it? Granted it's further from AK and MK - but MK is always better by bus, and everything's far from AK except AKL, All Stars, and CSR (and while there are no 'set' routes for Magical Express, Pop frequently shares with AKL and CSR - just so you have an idea that it's not far from AK, either).

On both of my trips with DD17, her BestF17, and DS4 (this year - same kids last year) and myself, we've used only the Disney transportation. We did rent a car to drive to the coast for a day but parked as soon as we got back and took the bus to DTD that night instead of driving.

You mentioned being spoiled by having your own car - is that due to convenience of wanting to go to the grocery, etc. or not having to wait for buses? Both of our trips were at POP and the longest we waited for a bus was 20 minutes right after Wishes @ MK. (We asked for it leaving at that time). The only reason it was that long is because there were 2 buses back to back for POP that filled and we were one of the first loaded when they returned.

We've stayed there 3 times (almost 4) and have never had a rental car. We always use the Disney buses and love them. We never in any of our trips waited more than 15 minutes, usually less. The rides never seem too long either, the MK is the farthest but it goes quickly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter