Is a 10:45 AM flight too early after cruise?

BeanoC

I almost don't feel the way I do.
So far, the best deal I can find (And it's still over 800 bucks more than last year!!) includes a return flight out of MCO at 10:45 Saturday morning. I remember last year, we were off the ship by 8:30 or so, but can I COUNT on that happening? Do you think I am asking for trouble having such an early return flight? It sure would be great to get home earlier in the day!

'Beano' :cool:

While, in most cases, you can get off the ship after 8AM - I wouldn't count on a 10:45 AM flight. It is about 45 minutes to the airport - the check in and all. It may also depend if you have DCL transfers or limo service. I wouldn't risk it.

KMovies - I was just looking at your countdown timer - Looks like we're on the same cruise! :)

Yes - looks like it. I have my clock set to 5PM - when the ship normally sails. Looks like yours is set earlier - 11AM for the time you plan on arriving.

We cruised April 6 and made a 10 AM flight with an hour to spare. We were off the ship by 7:30 and at the airport, rental car returned and checked in before 9 AM. In January when we cruised, there was a huge line getting off the ship and we still were at the airport in line to check in by 9AM.

I called Disney directly on Tuesday, because our airline cancelled the flight we were coming home on and there was a chance to take an earlier flight. The rep from Disney told me they tell people not to book before 12:30 p.m., to be safe. So, 10:45 may be too early. Sorry.

You have a chance to make it if you get off ASAP and if you use a towncar service, which assures you that you will be able to leave immediately vs. a possible wait for a bus to fill. But there is always a chance that the ship will be delayed getting to port, or that something else could come up to delay it. We've never had that happen in 21 cruises, but you never know...it's a gamble. I would only do it if the airline has other flights leaving later in the day that you could try standby for in an emergency.
Barb
Visit the Platinum Castaway Club at: www.castawayclub.com

Barb... My concern with a limo or towncar is that they may not show up. Everyone has those nightmare stories of waiting for limo then calling them and they tell u they'll be right there, but never show. At least with DCL busses you know they will be there.

Is it a free for all to go on DCL busses or is it orderly?

8 more days, but who's counting? ME

We just got back from the Aaron Carter Cruise and we were at the curb by 7:50 am. Plenty of time to get to airport. We had arranged for Happy Limo to pick us up at nine as we were told by them that by the time we got luggage it would be nine. We had to sit well over an hour and they were only ten minutes late, so they pretty much came when they said they would.

If you get to airport and it is a huge line, spend a few bucks and do the curb check in with the skycaps. Saved us well over an hour of waiting in line.

BTW the cruise was awesome! The Carter family was great and very nice to fans, even those who constantly stalked them. I must say my family was not in that category, as we respected that it was their vacation also.

We could easily have made the 10:45 flight but didnt want to take a chance.

The buses are first come, first served. It was orderly when we used to take them, but we always got off the ship a little later...might be kind of wild if a lot of early-disembarkers are rushing to catch flights! The only other risk is that the bus will wait until it is full to leave...shouldn't take too much time, but you never know.
Happy Limo has always been on time for us (and early one time, even tho' I'd accidentally told them to come later, but they know us by now). If you told the towncar company that you absolutely MUST have on-time pick-up due to the flight, I would think they would make an extra effort to be there (barring a backup on the expressway or other unforeseeable problem). We're got an early flight on one of our upcoming trips, so I'll let everyone know how it works out.
Barb
Visit the Platinum Castaway Club at: www.castawayclub.com

Chances are you would be o.k. but anything can happen (traffic etc. . .).

We had the early breakfast seating, said quick goodbye's to our table companions and then headed off the ship. We got to the airport at 9:30 and ended up flying standby (our original flight was at 2:30 p.m.).

For our Jan '03 Magic cruise, we chose an 11:30 flight.

:wave:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter