• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Is 10:20 too late ?

JaxnBanditFan

Earning My Ears
I made a PS for CP at 10:20 . I just read a post from someone who said they felt rushed with a 10:00 as they were getting ready for lunch crowds. Should I change it?

I would like some info on this too, as I plan on booking around that time for breakfast in May. Thought that would give us time to ride a couple of rides and get real hungry before breakfast!

You know it is really unpredictable. We've been to restaurants at WDW at a busy time of year when we thought we'd have to wait a while even with a p.s. and then the same restaurant on another trip during a slower week (attendance wise) and had to wait. It's so unpredictable. For instance, a poster said she went to breakfast at CP and it was only 30% full. We've had breakfast there a couple of times (usually with a 9:30 p.s.) and had to wait on the porch area for a while since it was packed! So not knowing how busy it will be on the day you are there if I were you I would make a slightly earlier p.s. than 10:20. You might get there and get seated immediately at 10:20 for all I know but then again if they ARE backed up (just MY opinion) I would start to get nervous knowing that they start serving lunch at 11:30 because you know they have to have all their lunch food out by then. This is just ME, but I would prefer having more time and not take the chance into feeling rushed.

In Aug. 2003 we had a late PS for CP and were one of the last seated. They did prepare for lunch while we were still there, but we had the best interaction with characters. Breakfast food is available, but they will reduce it to one side. The food remained fresh, nothing was stale. I think they started seating people for the lunch PS just as we were preparing to leave and they sat them at the opposite side of the restaurant.

I'm a slow eater and I did not feel hurried or rushed. Nor would I allow myself to. There were a couple other families around us who felt the same way. They took their time, enjoyed their meal, enjoyed character interaction without being rushed.

HTH!

We have booked a 10:30 because we want to do early entry that day. So we will grab a small snack and hit early entry then as people are starting to hit the parks we can enjoy a late breakkie. I hope it works out, I will try to remember to report back and let you know.

We had a 10:20 PS a few weeks ago and thought it was great. Like Mulanmom said, they started to set up the lunch buffet while we were there, but the breakfast bar was still open and the food was still fresh. The best part was that the restaurant was so empty. When we first arrived, it was pretty full, but by the time we left, there was almost no one there. We got tons of time with the characters and were able to get a group pictures with all 4 characters at the same time. I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

HTH
Leslie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter