Irrational fears at Disney

Lebestiole

Mouseketeer
Hello! I just asked this question in the Disneyland forum, and I just had to ask it here as well!

Do any of you have irrational fears when you go to Disneyland?

I have a few, and some of them make me feel silly sometimes. For example, I'm terrified of riding the Disney Railroad. The train itself is beautiful, but I always have to sit in the center because I'm terrified of finding a wild animal in the woods, in Disneyland the dinosaur stops scare the ***** out of me. (So glad there aren't dinosaurs in the Disney World ride) Even the indian tribe terrifies me. I'm afraid I'm going to fall off the train and wait for a CM to get me while I wait beside the figures/animatronics. *shudders*

I also can't stand the Jungle Cruise. I always ride it because it's a classic. But again, I have to sit in the middle of the boat, never on the edge. I feel like I could fall into the water and my feet would tangle in the cables that move the animatronics, and that water is just creepy.

And at Animal Kingdom, the Dinosaur ride is my favorite. But if I had to stand by one of the animatronics, feeling the fake plants brush my legs, etc, I'd have a panic attack!!!!

I guess the animatronics just freak me out a bit. Having to be close to one of those would be a nightmare to me.

What about you? Am I alone in this? D:

I have an irrational fear that I'm going to miss a hard-won FP+ or ADR. I check my phone a lot to verify the time. Probably a sign that WDW planning has become too stressful.

At carnivals, I have a fear that the ride is literally going to fall apart when I'm riding it. It makes me physically nauseous. But at WDW, the rides are permanent and safe, so I ride without fears.

For the longest time I thought I was the only one with this fear! I've always been too afraid to visit Disney World because of the animatronics but I finally decided to go in hopes of not riding anything with them in it. Once I got there I made an exception: I'll only ride rides that the animatronics aren't submerged in the water. For some reason when animatronics are mixed with water they are 5,000 times scarier to me. I was talked into riding the Jungle Cruise ride without being told what it included and it was the worst experience. I was terrified I would fall in the water with them so I held my eyes closed the whole time. I used to watch the Disney show on the Destionation Discovery channel that showed that terrifying yeti that resides in the mountain of Everest. I LOVE the rest of the ride but refuse to keep my eyes open when we passed the part it was located. I also ended up riding the Frozen ride and Pirates and didnt feel too uncomfortable until water splashed me going backwards (on Frozen) and when I went down the slope at the first part of Pirates and when passing the "cannons" that blow out of the water.

My fears center around two things:

First, someone in my family will get a stomach virus and we will just keep passing that puppy around until all of us get sick and we never really get to enjoy the parks. This happened to friends of ours on their first trip. And they have never been back!

And my second fear is more irrational...ok, I have this intense fear that a part of the track comes 'undone' on Space Mountain and I (or one of my family members) hits it in the dark (and loses our head or something awful). I have been riding that ride since I was a child so I truly know how crazy that sounds. But I still get so afraid every time I ride it and I do ride it every trip, multiple times.

I'm afraid that I'll fall getting in or out of an omnimover ride. Conveyor belts just seem like a recipe for disaster.

And haunted mansion- I'm afraid of getting stuck on a curve or incline and having to climb out. That's based on realistic fear though- it always gets delayed when I'm riding it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter