Irish food for Saint Patrick's Day?

Boardwalk Tigger

DIS Veteran
Does anyone know if any of the Disney restaurants serve corned beef for lunch or dinner on Saint Patrick's Day? I think they have something in Pleasure Island but was looking for a lunch or dinner with the family. Thanks:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

I was told to check out Epcot (possibly Rose and Crown) for some Irish food and fun. They weren't 100% sure- but they said that may be our best bet!!!
Luck o' the Irish to ya!!!:bounce:

The first time we went to WDW as a family it was over Saint Patrick's Day....(with DD's named Brigit and Maeve...our family is very proud of our Irish heritage)...so I looked around and checked things out and the best there was...was the Rose and Crown...yes it is English, but it was "good enough" you aren't going to get colcannon or anything like that...but they had bangers and mash and a few Irish beers. If you want to go out into Orlando there is Fiddler's Green that is really good. http://www.fiddlersgreenorlando.com/

It seems that the Rose & Crown would be the best choice in all of Walt Disney World. I dined there in late January.

I wish I knew if any of the Disney resorts' dining places would be serving the popular meal for St. Patrick's Day.

It might be a good idea to call Disney World for dining information. Their number is (407) WDW-DINE (939-3463).

Good Luck of The Irish.

::yes:: :bounce:

Are there any folks from Ireland on this board? We got back last month from our second trip to Ireland and I don't remember ever seeing corned beef on a menu. Is it a home cooked type of meal there or is this an Irish American tradition? Or maybe I just was in the wrong restaurants?!:D

I am straying a bit from the main topic here but I just wanted to say that here in our home town of New London, Wisconsin we hold an annual ST Patrick's Week long event. There are several Irish folk in our area. The Parade is the largest in Wisconsin and grows larger every year. During this week there is a ton of erve corn beef and cabbage, irish soup, and of course BEER served. Come on up sometime if you want a real Irish treat. Oh yeah the signs in the town get changed to New Dublin-just in case you get lost on the way. lol

Corned beef and cabbage is is an Irish American thing....corn beef replaced good quality bacon ( called rashers (sp) in Ireland)....I think the main reason for the switch was not because corned beef is like bacon, but because it was cheap.

That is why I want corned beef and cabbage.....because I am an American of Irish descent::yes:: And proud of it........::yes:: ::yes:: ::yes:: ::yes:: ::yes:: ::yes:: ::yes::

Thanks for all of the information. I really appreciate it. I have to try that Irish pub in the near future::yes:: Hope you all have a Happy Saint Patrick's Day.:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

I wanted to report back to the board that we had lunch at the Rose and Crown on Saint Patrick's Day and their special was corned beef and cabbage. I believe they also had an Irish stew special.They also had green beers and green iced water and other mysterious green beverages:) We also had a great Irish waiter who had Shamus , an Irish puppet of sorts, with him. Great fun.....::yes:: ::yes:: ::yes::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter