Irene and my vacation

mrmom456

DVC Veteran
Hurricane Irene tried to mess up my vacation at WDW starting today. Once We heard the forecast last weekend we had to have the women in our party converse with Irene. Today it looks like hurricane Irene may heed to the advice from hurricane Dawn and Margaret! Even Mother Nature may not mess with these two. Here is to hoping for a good trip.

Was there for hurricane Frances, never lost power. Good luck and stay safe. We are arriving on Sat. So heres hoping for a dry arrival.

Was there for hurricane Frances, never lost power. Good luck and stay safe. We are arriving on Sat. So heres hoping for a dry arrival.

Charlie never knocked out power IN Disney either. Disney's power lines are all underground and well sealed. It caused major chaos for those living in the area (ocean area homes were wiped out) and at the airport though. Parks had clean up work to do. Disney is a pro at that - a few days later, you never would have known Charlie had a melt down there. We didn't see the extent of the damage until we started driving back to MCO.

With exception to Ft W, as long as you're IN WDW when a hurricane comes you'll be fine.

I'm concerned for family I have in Charleston, SC - like many coastal towns, 1' of water floods the city.

Wishing everyone who is heading to WDW or DCL this week safe travels and a hurricane free week. Fingers crossed!

I think Irene did me a favor. We were scheduled to fly down Friday night. DH didn't want to take Friday off, but in view of the forecast, he told me yesterday morning to try to get an earlier flight. I was able to get a 6:55a.m. flight and it cost me nothing! So now we will begin our vacation on Friday instead of Saturday. I'm still hoping and praying she stays away from all those who live along the east coast, though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter