Ipod Touch apps

CarsFanatic

Earning My Ears
Can anyone give me some advice on some good Ipod Touch apps? DW had me pick one up on Black Friday at Target and is my Xmas gift. Just trying to do some planning ahead and researching to find some good apps for it.

Can anyone give me some advice on some good Ipod Touch apps? DW had me pick one up on Black Friday at Target and is my Xmas gift. Just trying to do some planning ahead and researching to find some good apps for it.

What kinds of things do you want to do with it? There are so many apps out there, it's hard to figure out where to start. A few standards (for me, at least):

TouringPlans.com Lines app
WDW Maps (though this one is admittedly better on the iPad)
Kindle and Nook e-book readers (allows you to purchase e-books from Amazon and Barnes & Noble)
Google (folds in the mobile versions of gmail, google calendar, etc.)
Facebook
Foursquare (location check-in app)
Facebook Messenger (Facebook IM client)
Southwest Airlines (you can check-in to flights via your Touch)
Trip Advisor
Words with Friends
Skype (will allow you to use your Touch as a phone with a WiFi connection)
Netflix
IMDb
Flixster
WeatherHD
Yelp
UrbanSpoon
PayPal

(I have a bunch of kids' games/activities on my iPhone, to use to keep my kids distracted in lines, waiting at restaurants, etc. Not sure if you want that kind of stuff on your Christmas Present Touch).

Meanwhile, those should get you started. :)

You looking for games, work apps, travel apps????
Aaron named quite a few of the good ones.
My new addiction is "Cut the rope" very addicting game.
Pandora
IMDB (Internet Movie Database)
Weather Channel
TouringPlans.com (of course)
WDW Maps (Paid version much better then lite version)
Subsonic (all disney parks music stations)
Angry Birds (duh got to have that)
Hanging Free (Scrabble/ hangman hybrid)
Words Free
Lightsaber ( becuase what good is an itouch without it?)
and Office Jerk

Many good ones listed already. But a new app that I find very addictive is Tiny Wings.

My most used apps:

Tiny Wings
Instagram
Pandora
Netflix
Our Groceries
FourSquare
Facebook

Thanks guys. I'm looking for a good combination of games, Disney apps and any other good useful apps. This is my first introduction to the apple brand and am looking for some guidance. I did recently upgrade DW to an apple iphone, but I haven't used it very often to see what it can do.

I'll take any recommended apps for a preschooler (4 yrs old)... Santa lost his mind this year!!!

I'll take any recommended apps for a preschooler (4 yrs old)... Santa lost his mind this year!!!

My 4-year-old's favorites:
World of Goo (he's not very good at it, but he likes it)
Angry Birds & Angry Birds Holidays
Draw Stars
Bug Squash (free version. Kinds gross, but fun)
MonsterMaker (though this has been falling from favor somewhat lately)
Uno (he's still just learning, but it's GREAT for number/color matching skills)
Dots 4 Tots
PenguinLite
GoGoGadget (not very good at it, but he tries)
Green Eggs and Ham book app
Drawing Pad
SpinArt
Blackboard
BlastMonkeys
Monster at the End of this Book app (he LOVES this)
TapTap Muppets (though it frustrates him a bit)

Does the Subsonic app work for anyone else? I tried several times last night and this morning to get it to work and it just cycled between playing and reconnecting, no matter which station I selected.

Does the Subsonic app work for anyone else? I tried several times last night and this morning to get it to work and it just cycled between playing and reconnecting, no matter which station I selected.

I get the same problem. It looks like they are having issues with their servers or something.

One other thing. I only purchased the 8GB touch. Am I going to regret this at all, or will I have enough room for apps and music?

Any good apps for a 2 year old girl? She loved the Santa app I had this year and I have an app called PaintSparkles which she loves. It literally is just fingerpainting on the screen.

Other apps I like are:
Flickhomerun - give it a chance, it becomes an addicting home run baseball game.
Slotomania - This is actually a facebook app that they made into an Iphone app and connects to your facebook account. In case you couldn't tell it is slots.
DisneyStore - As you might guess, it is the Disneystore shopping app. This was invaluable at christmas time for me.
Instagram - love it for pictures!
Angry Birds and Angry Birds Seasons - I am not a fan of Rio, but I have 3 stars on every level of Angry birds and Seasons (excuse the bragging).
HorseFrenzy - My wife's favorite. You know that game at the carnivals where you roll the golf ball into a hole and your horse moves that many spots...yeah, that is this in an app.
Pandora - Great music app. Has very limited Disney related music on it though.
Subsonic - found the Disney music!
Rogue Vertex Online - My friend's game he developed where I play with others to take over the universe. I might have gotten addicted.
Disney Undercover Tourist - I like this app a lot. I store my ressies, get line times, view restaurant menus, etc.
Countdown - It is a Disney countown app. Not sure that is the official name, but it does its job.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter