Introduction from Australia

lyssabrittany

Earning My Ears
Hi,

I'm new to the DIS boards so I thought I would introduce myself and give a little background about my Disney journey.

I am 21, live in Australia and I am a massive Disney fan. I was just a toddler/little kid when Lion King, Beauty and the Beast, Toy Story etc were released and as a result, those movies were a massive part of my childhood. Beauty and the Beast has always been my favourite - I am the only brunette out my siblings (who are all blonde) so I identified a lot with Belle, and as I've gotten older this has evolved into loving books and adventure just like her.

When I was about 6, my cousins went to Disney World. I begged my dad to take me because it just looked so magical in all their photos. He promised that he would take me when my youngest sister (at the time) was 7/8. She was 2 at the time but I thought that was reasonable. I reminded him all the time of his promise. The day came when she turned 7 and I begged my dad. However, by this time I had another sister who was a bubby so he said I had to wait! Man, was I devastated. I stopped asking and just dropped it, but still dreamt of visiting Mickey and friends. Then, when I was 14 my parents decided to finally take us on holiday the next year. My three sisters and I were involved in the planning as much as we could be.

I was so so excited to go. Finally at age 15, my dreams were coming true. The only problem was that by the time we left, I was a sulky teenager who was embarrassed to be seen enjoying 'little kid' things. So, even though I loved Disney World, I don't think I got the full experience because it wasn't 'cool' to hug characters etc. Still that trip sparked a fire inside me.

In 2010 I journeyed to Disneyland with my sister for her 18th birthday. By this stage I was 20 and well over the sulky teenager stage. It was an incredible trip for us and we enjoyed every minute of it.

We had a family trip planned for the end of this year, however things fell through :( Mum and I are now working on Dad to take us next year, before I have to go out into the world after uni and get a real job. I could easily go on my own, but there is just something so magical about visiting Disney World with your family I think.

Hopefully I will be able to start posting about actual planning soon! I'm just worried this site will feed my Disney obsession a little too much!!

Thanks for reading :)

Hi Lyssa, what a great introduction! I imagine it takes quite a bit of planning to get from Australia over to WDW. I'm glad that you have gotten to visit though and I'll think you'll find that most people here also wish that they could visit more often.

I love Belle too...and am a brunette most of the time.

Have fun on the DIS!

hello.jpg

Thanks for the warm welcome :) so far I've been doing a lot of lurking, a little bit of posting. Loving it! I think I might be on here even when I'm not planning a holiday, just so that I can get a Disney fix!!

Welcome lyssabrittany make sure you pop over to the Australian/NZ section you will find quite a few of us that have a Disney addiction luckily for us there is no cure ;)

Hi,

I'm new to the DIS boards so I thought I would introduce myself and give a little background about my Disney journey.

I am 21, live in Australia and I am a massive Disney fan. I was just a toddler/little kid when Lion King, Beauty and the Beast, Toy Story etc were released and as a result, those movies were a massive part of my childhood. Beauty and the Beast has always been my favourite - I am the only brunette out my siblings (who are all blonde) so I identified a lot with Belle, and as I've gotten older this has evolved into loving books and adventure just like her.

When I was about 6, my cousins went to Disney World. I begged my dad to take me because it just looked so magical in all their photos. He promised that he would take me when my youngest sister (at the time) was 7/8. She was 2 at the time but I thought that was reasonable. I reminded him all the time of his promise. The day came when she turned 7 and I begged my dad. However, by this time I had another sister who was a bubby so he said I had to wait! Man, was I devastated. I stopped asking and just dropped it, but still dreamt of visiting Mickey and friends. Then, when I was 14 my parents decided to finally take us on holiday the next year. My three sisters and I were involved in the planning as much as we could be.

I was so so excited to go. Finally at age 15, my dreams were coming true. The only problem was that by the time we left, I was a sulky teenager who was embarrassed to be seen enjoying 'little kid' things. So, even though I loved Disney World, I don't think I got the full experience because it wasn't 'cool' to hug characters etc. Still that trip sparked a fire inside me.

In 2010 I journeyed to Disneyland with my sister for her 18th birthday. By this stage I was 20 and well over the sulky teenager stage. It was an incredible trip for us and we enjoyed every minute of it.

We had a family trip planned for the end of this year, however things fell through :( Mum and I are now working on Dad to take us next year, before I have to go out into the world after uni and get a real job. I could easily go on my own, but there is just something so magical about visiting Disney World with your family I think.

Hopefully I will be able to start posting about actual planning soon! I'm just worried this site will feed my Disney obsession a little too much!!

Thanks for reading :)

Welcome Friend- Love your story :goodvibes ...stay on the Disboard a really become a Dis-Maniac :lmao:

:welcome:

Loved reading your story, but felt so badly for the little girl who longed to go to Disney!! :sad2: Glad you finally made it a couple of times. I hope you'll be able to go again very soon. Did you ever think about applying to the college program or just apply to work at Disney?

Meanwhile, stick around the DIS to get your Disney fix. Also try reading Allears, EasyWDW and Mousesavers websites.:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter