INTO THE UNKNOWN: A Northern Girl's Return to the World, A Pre Trip Report - April 2022

Northern Disney Girl

DIS Veteran
“INTO THE UNKNOWN: A Northern Girl’s Return To the World”

Welcome to this Pre-Trip Report and thank you for joining me.

It has been a VERY long time since I have written one of these and I am very out of practice.

I am not one for long, drawn out introductions so, let’s get straight to the matter at hand.

TRIP DETAILS

Who:

fFwitfz1Wkg-TgKvrf_-_VPZ3uuWjxbeY1P14byMHpcgglnlH9qwPvW-RmdsQULqV6G9Y8NisvJzzoayPjKVlhCh7EcnEI0DQ_O4VG8qU8vcbgEUrVRuV7cx5JnKISU9J6VYESQv

Hi! :wave:
My name is Kimberly (aka Northern Disney Girl) and it has been 1203 days since I was last in Walt Disney World.
I have been around the DIS for quite a while but have been more of a lurker the last several years.
I am really excited about this trip and wanted to share it.

A Few of my Disney Facts:

First Trip: October 1988

lq8SIIZySKokZgO1mAlTLVFKM9flHXsahUtYbbvrY0424LgKNNqyRfbzLvMcEnb6AEfBr_WtIJFn1W2585TtqAIf5-Cum-O-CIup71s_v_3g29rVXqCvbUZJGWzRi8Hp2LLaupFb

Favourite Character: Mickey, of course!

GAsXR0bEUgk5YKLc-ZKiflrTZcztuiDsg-zziBWSqVG4mMxg_qWF3hhliMf70LiHoUN_iMaDPybssB69BnQzMLA7hSqEktwKgKp_AKxTHnI46bVjFjZfLp0cAmYj3aHzGKln8nCn

Favourite Park: The OG, Magic Kingdom, Always & Forever

csEiQKsEDOE3ECFBH0sOFgz5SZIdX34onjIjLnPtHxPh06gfQFQcUMh7AroEHPW2ZGAh8Hk5DJ_90gr4nPEqMLYwkIk6JB7b18JRn1DdO2yVYgQVs3kzsaWJZ0v6Ba2g3kaC_5bK

Favourite Ride: Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. #Classic
1u_UCyze2Fs2AZVeg0N1aol9wBqsNH6YicySu7yH4O-dc2iZlSZbRFNSuw7mf7GO6Hl-CyA86go_88ipNovYt4FP6tqb0B3S0oBsVZMlOLfqgO-HMVZ2f1j5Po6dkb1MZkIPodsD

Favourite Disney Snack: Dole Whip

bQtkWEEDGGOowIqLBuI-6TwwO5epXT853SyRcxop0sm4d9CtkQ1HYqdw813P9PeUSzmrqB3LA9L2oe1kJW6yT_guQZwE1wHaM8P7KLsSxG8V41So4XGefrJztEjgbMThmLNrPvLO

What:

What else do we do here?? We are Disney World People - we go to Walt Disney World!!!

tKL8istTi9bW6OY9LOyGyr9WPimmOonSBJkCQcXRz5TqLbaMtXPrkEIh071BSWKsK886FcE-MZxKD9o7qREZeUM5lpu97yQ_5ROfJ3VlXz3tGE2ZSYClApEnfvTNZ4Ft2Hwul5Zj

This upcoming trip will be my 11th visit to WDW, my 9th stay on property and my 2nd Solo Adventure.

Where:

I am staying 6 nights at Disney’s Pop Century and 1 night at Art of Animation.

RGE9-kIrr5Ah80B5vZ0o-zZPpVg085V7c14asmVR9mTz14yb9mT7tG4M2zf_W7l6eXmvvHiesdLEeRKcDdOIVhLhxxWldk_d1dwt7vm2aBGhvGUC4WypzAspLWoxWUrMxZkvSgZf

FlrfWH6Dv7nfG-fNb61yfHlXyTv8HJzKWSn0EOXAbRna8XECZePOyDqFQ027i3unPUusoq0olN9tjPXCAunTnW2z5Z_ZeaEVrzMdLqOlMZ0c_BeIX2CyP-Dl7WiWMOtg9ukB-9GC

When:

April 22-29th, 2022

(30 DAYS!!!)

Why:

Do Disney World fans ever really need a reason??

Maybe?

OK.

Here are mine:

1. Well, as I mentioned above, it has been 1203 days since I was last in Walt Disney World. For anybody who needs that broken down, that is 3 years, 3 months and 17 days.

2. Like many of you, I am a seriously serious planner. I love to plan every detail of the trip. There have been MANY BIG changes to the WDW experience since I was last there and I am quite excited to figure it all out and see how it actually works in real time.

3. I am Canadian - because of the “thing that shall not be named” I have not been able to travel outside of my country for a very long time. I Love Disney and I miss it fiercely.

4. The last 3 winters have been especially brutal here in my hometown in Northwestern Ontario. For anybody not really familiar with how Canadian winters work - WE GET A LOT OF SNOW!!! Like, A LOT - actually, while I am writing this introduction we are on the tail end of a MAJOR snow system that just dumped another 40-50cm on our city (that's 16-20” for any of you who are south of the 49th parallel)

I AM OVER IT!! :sad2:

I NEED SOME FLORIDA SUNSHINE 🌞

Other Important Details

Transportation:
From my hometown to Orlando I will be travelling by plane on Air Canada with a connection at Toronto Pearson. Once I arrive at MCO, I will be using Mears Connect to get to POP.

Tickets:
I have 6 Day Park Hoppers with Genie +.

Memory Maker:
I decided to spend a little extra and purchase this so I would not have to be asking people to take my picture. I want great memories of this trip and I think this will be helpful.

I think this is enough of the Basic Plan for now.

Since this trip is coming up rather quickly - only 30 days! - this will be a fairly short PTR.

In the next few installments I will share some of my more specific daily plans.

8uyeB-dqrd6PDVP8DIfIoN3gIaESkV60R_kV4aR4gkddPoBGtIuYQRS-mJUUeU1ZGvvrb1d9wLPECSmzLUMM9J1dqCE1a7eDxesaCJ4TbGnAlesSXbPeNk9yG7lMaNIqxrWitm4k

Last edited:

INTO THE UNKNOWN - Title Explanation

Before I get into the daily plans, I thought maybe it might help to explain why I chose this title - Into the Unknown, because I can already hear some of you saying…You just told us that you have been to WDW 10 times already… How is any of this unknown to you??

Well, I am glad you asked!!

Here are the TOP 10 reasons why I feel like I am heading into “The Unknown”

In no particular order…..

1. The Skyliner

The Skyliner was only just in its middling stages of being built when I was last in WDW. We were staying at Pop and could see construction happening. I am SO EXCITED to ride this!!

1. Park Reservations

I understand why Disney sees the need to do this and I am not to bent out of shape over it. I have changed my reservations a few times in the past few weeks and nothing is selling out…yet. It will be interesting to see if I am able to make last minute changes if I want to the week of my trip.

1. No hopping til after 2pm

This one bugs me a bit. I am sure that it bugs others as well. I know why it needed to be done back in the early days of “ the thing that shall not be named”, but I don’t understand why it continues. Alas, I will do the best I can with this limitation. It will certainly make doing “4 parks in 1 day” a bit tricky.

1. Genie +

I am equal parts nervous and excited about Genie +. On one hand it seems complicated and like a lot of extra phone usage. On the other hand, it feels like a game, a system that I desperately want to figure out and “beat”. I have spent countless hours on the MDE tip board, touringplans and thrill-data figuring out how to make this new system work for me.

1. Food Allergies

I did have some food allergies on my previous trips but in the past 3 years they have gotten worse and I have developed new ones. Eating out has been difficult. I am very happy to know that not only does Disney do a terrific job of catering to people with food allergies, they often go above and beyond to make the experience next level. I feel very safe eating at Disney.

1. Mobile Ordering

Mobile Ordering was just starting to roll out when I was last in WDW in 2018. I had attempted to use it once to avoid the hideous long line at Aloha Isle. It didn’t work as there was a problem with my credit card. I am excited to try it out this trip, although with my many food allergies, I may be forced to avoid it.

1. New (to me) Resort

I have visited Art of Animation when staying at POP, but have never stayed there. I am quite excited to spend my last night there in a Little Mermaid room.

1. Travelling outside of Canada while “the thing that must not be named” is still a thing

The thing is still there. Going to a different place with different people and different rules feels a little bit nerve racking. I will be brave. And cautious. I plan to do what I feel necessary to help myself feel safe.

1. Potential High Crowds

I used the TouringPlans historical data to look up all the dates of (most) of my previous trips. I have never been to Disney World on a Crowd Level day higher than a 5. The majority of my trips have been in gloriously low crowd seasons. Late January/early February, late August/early September and late November/early December. Before 2020, the idea of a bit of a higher crowd didn’t really bother me. Now, I am not so sure. When I booked this trip, the TP crowd calendar had all my dates at a 2, 3, or 4. Now they are at 3, 3, 5, 6. EEK. I am keeping everything crossed that they don't get bumped up again. Again, I will be brave. And Cautious.

1. No more Magical Express

I was disappointed when Disney announced that the DME was ending. I am glad that there is something that has appeared to take its place. I am not even that upset that it is now an extra cost. I like the “seamlessness” it brings to my trips. I like knowing that I have a ride from the airport to my resort and that gives me peace of mind. One less thing that I have to worry about.

So these are the reasons why I feel a bit like I am heading into the unknown on this trip. I am a person who loves to solve problems and figure things out so I am actually kind of excited to see how it all pans out. I am going in with a plan in place but I am going to take each day with some flexibility and make the best of it.

NEXT UP: DAY 0 (Travel Day) Plans.

No more Magical Express
I am still salty about this! I am with you on wanting to know that you have a ride when you get there

I used the TouringPlans historical data to look up all the dates of (most) of my previous trips. I have never been to Disney World on a Crowd Level day higher than a 5. The majority of my trips have been in gloriously low crowd seasons. Late January/early February, late August/early September and late November/early December. Before 2020, the idea of a bit of a higher crowd didn’t really bother me. Now, I am not so sure. When I booked this trip, the TP crowd calendar had all my dates at a 2, 3, or 4. Now they are at 3, 3, 5, 6. EEK. I am keeping everything crossed that they don't get bumped up again. Again, I will be brave. And Cautious.
I think the lower crowd times are a thing of the past. Secret is out... sadly...

No hopping til after 2pm
This one bothers pretty much everyone here on the boards. It is def not needed anymore. AND stupid that you HAVE to go to the first park first.

DAY 0 (TRAVEL DAY) PLANS

Travel Day is always my most favourite day. I know am I not alone when I say I don’t “wake up” on travel day. Who can even actually sleep the night before Disney?!?!?! AMIRIGHT?

As much as I will try to do everything possible to get at least a few hours of sleep the night before, I know that I will just be waaaaaayyyyyy tooo excited (andslightlynervoustosleepthroughmyalarmandmissmyflight) to get any real sleep.

bqwU7dTW_0afFjSaGVT-NOcPLM9MK7ZmMZnOsqlORADrPtpNxw-YhU3uzSU2hpZ_l-pWgB6aoAXp7Md3-c9d1ddzLGpdWP723RyaQ5zsBu6LTK3XIpOf3ptKwX4e2REdUiVnrKWW

I will be getting out of bed at the literal butt crack of dawn to get to the airport for my 5:30am flight.

Now, I happen to live in a very small city where I can get from my house to the airport in less than 20 minutes. Another small mercy is that our airport is quite small and the security line only takes about 10-15 minutes even at the busiest of times. Another added bonus is that I am not checking any luggage. Carry on only for this girl.

So, with all that being said, I really only need to be at the airport about 75 minutes before my flight. Which means I need to be there no later than 4:15am. Which means I need to leave my house by about 4am. Which means I need to be up and at ‘em by 3:30.

ysLIFdWXzTw-T92ibfp2tTxI_XiREmS0dJZvplLn0eq8xnsY0R9GzOdwf7rCbwp2dlv1B2B9GWEl5d0WnBcR2Or0HgK42wTrlPlZdGNwcbkxE8Eqe00jYfc86DvIXRPKUnWTkNdE

Once I arrive at the airport I will do a quick check in at the airline counter, just to be on the safe side (even tho I will have one online check the day before), and then head up the escalator to the security line and departure gates.

Theoretically, I should be through security and in the departure lounge by about 4:40. I have been on this particular flight a few times and the time between entering the departure lounge after security and boarding the plane goes something like this:

1. Find a place to sit and then repack my luggage after the lovely security guards take everything out to hunt for the one oddly shaped item that looks dangerous and questionable but really isn’t

1. Fill Water bottle at refillable water bottle station attached to still out of commission water fountains (thank you global pandemic)

1. Use the washroom - thankfully the washrooms in our airport our quite large so squeezing into a stall with all my luggage isn’t actually the horror show it might seem.

1. Wander from one end of the departure lounge to the other multiple times to avoid sitting. 3 reasons - I will be sitting most of the day and would rather stand and walk when I can. Also, the seating areas in the departure lounge tend to get a little crowded for early morning flights and I am still trying to be a cautious traveller. Finally, I find walking actually helps me to stay awake and alert. Being on so little actual sleep, I don’t want to miss anything important the airline agents might try to communicate to us sleepy travellers.

Boarding for this particular flight typically starts around 30 minutes before the flight takes off. Hopefully, I should be on the plane and in my seat by no later than 5:15.

The flight, in theory, is supposed to depart at 5:30. We have a scheduled arrival at Toronto Pearson at 7:10.

Now - here comes the fun part - I have a park reservation for this day.

YUP.

At some point, as soon as humanly possible, or, TBH, as soon as I have the “OK” from the flight crew to turn my phone on, I will be attempting to make a Genie + reservation.

My Park reservation is for Epcot.

I will be attempting to make a Genie + reservation for Frozen Ever After.

According to my research, at this time of the morning, up until about 7:30, I should be able to get a return time for FEA between 3-4pm.

That’s the goal.

We shall see what happens.

Now back to the airplane.

Yes, I believe that I will be making that reservation while I am still on the plane. We will likely be in “taxiing to the gate mode” while I am doing so.

Assuming all goes well and my flight arrives somewhat on time, I will now have a 3 hr layover in Toronto before my connecting flight to Orlando.

My plans for this time are as follows:

1. Disembark the plane and hustle myself to the nearest washroom. (I am not a nervous flyer; I really just don’t like airplane bathrooms)
  2. Make my way to the Border Customs and Security area and do all the things I need to do to enter the United States of America.
  3. Find the nearest Starbucks and acquire badly needed caffeine.
  4. Find an eatery that will accommodate all my food allergies and fill my hungry tummy.
  5. Wander the shops and newsstands and resist the temptation to buy anything.
  6. Find my gate and wander around the general area until it is time to board my flight.

The flight is supposed to take off at 10:15 and will take approximately 2 hrs and 44 minutes to arrive in Orlando. Arrival time is scheduled for 12:59pm.

For anybody who is in the know and has been paying attention, I think you might know what comes next…..

YUP - another Genie + reservation!

Right now, Epcot is still scheduled to open at 10am on that day. So, at noon, I will be eligible to book another Genie + return time.

I am hoping that at 1pm, when my flight lands, and as soon as I am allowed to turn my phone on, that there will still be some return times for Soarin’ between 4-5pm.

That’s the plan.

I hope it works.

With that completed, It will be time to disembark the plane and make my way to my absolute favourite part of Disney World Travel Day - The Orlando International Airport Authority Automated People Mover… the APM or, as we like to call it in our family - The “Fun’o’rail”!!!

b7K1sEUbuWQMfkaan7o9FHPWcedtqhsHS3Si5VRrjQ6nLrodeUQTiVBpNg4LjlXljs0VBQWVeC5860i1SFhL27s-RSotmwMFCoo963wwCD4WuGtLfHv_D8vbsI_zRps9awt40KnX

Now, sitting at the end of the train is the best. You can actually sit down for a brief moment and watch as you make your arrival at the main terminal. I have been kow to wait for the next train if the current one is too full for me to have the “window seat”

Once we arrive at the main terminal I can go straight to the former DME area to check in for my Mears Connect ride to POP.

I have zero idea as to what I can expect at this point in the journey.

My DME experiences have been varied.

The best time I ever experienced was exactly 60 minutes from my plane touching down to stepping into the resort.

The longest time was about 90 minutes.

Again, I have no idea what I can expect from Mears Connect. I am hopeful it will be similar.
I will definitely report back and let you know.

Once on the bus and on my way, I will be headed to …..

-fCNt7XXic29z_P8VLyTO_4qAw96LzzF49uQkg367z0qVknS1SPl_jkhNxpDm-ZCvQgmz8wpVOjYY2OHAobH_YH5ARkquc0MNS3CbcAADC_jPR-0gG0N_JeW4l_euCvJ9jO2jajI

Disney’s POP Century Resort.

I have stayed here 4 times previously for a total of 17 nights.

I have stayed at 11 different resorts on my previous 10 trips.

POP is the one that I have stayed at the most.

I like it.

It’s colourful and fun and there are larger than life disney characters and pop icos everywhere and great oldies music playing at all times.

The recent room renos are amazing and most importantly…..

It is now a Skyliner Resort!!!

Once I arrive at POP (which I am hopeful will be around 2pm), I will need to do an actual check in at the desk. As an International guest I, unfortunately do not get to have my magic Bands shipped to me so I will have to pick it up at check in.

Once that’s completed, I will do a quick trot to my room drop off my bags, do a quick wash and change my clothes, pack my park bag and make my way to the skyliner.

My goal is to be at Epcot by 3pm.

Now, if you are still tracking with me and paying attention to the time…..

What comes next?

That’s right kids!!!

It’s Genie + time again!!!

Since I (in theory) made my last G+ res at around 1pm, my availability window will open again at around 3pm. (2 hrs after I made my last res)

This time it will be for Spaceship Earth.

According to my research, at this time of day, I should be able to make a res for SE somewhere in the neighbourhood of 3:45-4:45.

So, (again, in theory) I should now be holding 3 G+ reservations

Frozen Ever After @ 3:30-4:30
Soarin’ 4:00-5:00
Spaceship Earth 3:45-4:45

At this point, if I do in fact arrive at Epcot by around 3pm, my plan is to:

1. Enter the Park by way of the International Gateway
  2. Try not to look too crazy as I silently yet tearfully rejoice my return to Disney Parks after 1302 days.
  3. Find any nearby Photopass photographer and have my first official trip photo done.
  4. Slowly and Leisurely make my way around the World Showcase towards the Norway Pavilion to board my first ride of this trip.
  5. Once I have tapped into the 2nd tap point of FEA, I believe (somebody please correct me if I am mistaken!) that I will be eligible to make another Genie + reservation. If this is the case, I will then make a res for BTMRR at 6:45pm. Yes, I will be putting my PArk Hopper ticket to use!
  6. Find some food.
  7. Ride the following: Gran Fiesta Tour, Test Track (single Rider line) Spaceship Earth (G+), Soarin’ (G+), LWTL, Nemo.
  8. Hop to Magic Kingdom hopefully around 6pm.

My plan (again this is all hypothetical theory based on nothing but my research and a lot of wishful thinking) is to arrive at MK with 3-4 Genie + reservations that I will have collected over the course of the afternoon.

I will again weep silently and try not to look too crazy as I work my way up Main St to see the beautiful Cinderella Castle before taking a quick journey from Neverland through Liberty Square and Frontierland before wrapping up the evening in Adventureland.

At that point it should hopefully be around 8pm and I will be slightly overtired and needing to find a bed sooner rather than later.

I will find my way to the bus stop and make my way back to POP.

Bedtime will follow shortly thereafter and thus will conclude my TRAVEL DAY to Disney.

NEXT UP: DAY 1 PLANS

DAY 1 PLANS - Saturday April 23, 2022

True Confession: I am a recovering park commando.

I used to do rope drop to fireworks every single park day in my younger years but now that I am north of 40, I can’t handle the crazy long days anymore.

I have had to decide on whether I want to be an early bird or a nighthawk for this trip.

My body kind of made the decision for me.

For some strange reason, I have lost the ability to sleep in.

Even on days when I have nowhere to go and nothing to do, I am completely incapable of sleeping past 6am.

So, earlybird, it is.

On this day I will get up, do my wash, dress and breakfast routine (yes, I have breakfast & coffee in my room BEFORE heading to the parks so as not to waste precious ETPE time wandering around trying to find food and caffeine) followed by quadruple checking that I have everything needed for a successful day in the parks.

I plan to be at the bus stop before 7am to wait for the first available ride to the park where I have a Park Reservation.

While I wait for the bus I will make my first Genie+ reservation for the day.

My reservation is for Magic Kingdom and my first Genie + will be for Jungle Cruise.

I am really hoping that I can get a return time as close to 10am as possible.

My ETPE goal is to rope drop Peter Pan and then Under the Sea before heading to Liberty Square to visit the 999 Happy Haunts as soon as the Mansion opens.

Next I will endeavor to conquer BTMRR and Pirates and then depending on when my return time is for Jungle Cruise, do that.

To fill in any available time before my lunch reservation, I have planned to do both The Enchanted Tiki Room and the Country Bear Jamboree. I know these shows get a lot of hate and shade from many people but I just love them both.

If I still have time before my lunch ressie, I will do a bit of shopping in the area OR if the Festival of Fantasy parade is still running “two a days” then I will try to catch that before heading over to my reservation.

My lunch reservation is at The Jungle Navigation Co. Ltd Skipper Canteen.

I have not eaten here before. I have heard many mixed reviews but it has some great options for several food allergies so I am quite excited to give it a try.

After my lunch I will make my way down Main St and out of the park.

OH!!!

Before I forget…..Right after I tap into my G+ for Jungle Cruise I intent to start making G+ reservations for my afternoon park - Hollywood Studios.

I am hopeful that I will be able to get G+ times for MMRR, Star Tours, Toy Story Mania and Alien Swirling Saucers.

After a short break back at POP, I plan to head over to DHS around 3:30pm, arriving by 4pm.

The evening is planned to look something like this:

4:30 - Indiana Jones Stunt Show
5:00 - Vacation Fun - An Original Animated Short with Mickey Mouse
5:30 - Walt Disney Presents
6:00 - G+ for Star Tours
6:25 - G+ for Toy Story Mania
6:40 - G+ for Aliens Swirling Saucers
6:50 - Dinner @ Woody’s Lunch Box
7:25 - G+ for Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway

After disembarking my Runaway Train, I plan to make my way out of the park in a leisurely fashion, strolling down Hollywood Boulevard to take a look through the shops before heading out to catch the Skyliner back to POP.

We shall see if the plan actually happens this way or not.

UP NEXT: DAY 2 PLANS

I love reading this - I'm getting very excited for you! Can't wait to read more planning and REALLY can't wait to eventually read your actual trip report in about a month or so! ;-)

DAY 2 PLANS:

For this day I have a Park Reservation at Animal Kingdom.

I am getting very suspicious that this could end up being a very early morning.

Right now, the park is scheduled to open at 9am with ETPE at 8:30.

However, I just got an email today from Touring Plans that the 2 previous days have had changes to park operating hours.

Animal Kingdom could very well be open at 7:30 with ETPE at 7am.

Gosh, that’s SO EARLY!

On my previous Solo trip in September of 2017, I did not visit Animal Kingdom. Pandora had just opened a few months earlier and it was still a bit of a madhouse.

On my last trip in December of 2018, we only spent a small amount of time in AK.

On that trip, I realized that I actually really love AK and have never really taken the time to slow down and enjoy the beauty of this park.

That is my plan for this day - go at a leisurely pace and enjoy the flora and fauna of this beautiful park.

Here is the plan as of right now:

Arrive for ETPE at around 8:15am

Grab a coffee at the Joffrey’s near the park entrance.

Wander the Oasis and visit all the Animal viewing locations.

Stroll through the Discovery Island trails and find as many animals on the Tree of Life as possible.

Experience It’s Tough to Be a bug. (I have only done this once when my kids were very small on our very first family trip back in 2009.) I know all the things - I guess I just have some sort of warped desire to toture myself with this again.

Slowly walk through both of the Animal trails and read all the things and learn about all the animals. Also, I want to see and say hi to all the animals that were featured on the Disney+ show, The Magic of Disney’s Animal Kingdom.

I also plan to watch the Tam Tam drummers in Africa and explore the Valley of Mo’ara in Pandora before enjoying a nice lunch at Satu’li Canteen.

I think on this day I will also do as many of the Photopass picture locations as I can.

The plan is to head back to POP for a while after lunch and have a rest/nap/swim/chill before hopping on the Skyliner to head back to DHS for the evening.

Oh yeah, while I am strolling through Animal kingdom, I will also be collecting/stacking Lightning Lanes for the afternoon/evening.

The first stop at DHS once I arrive will be to enjoy the ever always hilariousness that is Muppet Vision 3D.

Following that I have an early dinner at The Hollywood Brown Derby ( I can not wait to
eat that Cobb Salad again!!!)

After Dinner, I should hopefully have a bunch of Lightning Lanes to use.

This is how I am hoping it will look -

Runaway Railway @ 5:45-6:45
Toy Story Mania @ 6-7pm
Slinky Dog at 6:30-7:30
Alien Swirling Saucers @ 7:15-8:15
RNRC @ 7-8

Theoretically, I should be finished with all these LL by shortly after 7:30.

Again, I plan to slowly leave the park, whilst enjoying the shops along Hollywood Boulevard.

If I am feeling a bit energetic and not too freaked out to be in a massive crowd of people, I may consider staying and hanging around to see the Movie Magic Show.

If not, I will take the Skyliner back to POP and just get ready for bed.

UP NEXT: DAY 3 PLANS

DAY 3 PLANS

(This day doesn't have too many plans so this instalment will be quick!)

This is my Rest Day.

No Park Reservations today.

I plan to (try to) sleep in a bit.

Maybe explore the resort a little and take some photos.

I have a breakfast reservation at ‘Ohana.

fFdzqJ5oBLVl6fgfGM5WDdZtslYtlNWKWmzb1rG8P38MYGM2p2DXg55rlAtXi7apgCa6ymtBiss4zxlXyLWVHxstNe7yc9VaChrr2sxF6dmxlRfpZh4rQRbLJB9LKRgzQLGpjVSt

The transportation plan at the moment is to take the bus to MK and then walk the new trail from MK through GF to the Poly.

I am particularly excited about this breakfast as I have heard it is great for people with food allergies, particularly Gluten allergies. I am looking forward to GF stitch waffles, Kona coffee and POG juice!!!

We ate breakfast here once before on our trip in January 2010 when my kids were 9 & 6.

We loved the characters.

I am very ok with the lack of characters right now as it means the price is slightly lower.

After breakfast I think I might take a loop on the monorail and browse the shops at GF and the contemporary before making my way to Disney Springs.

I have a small list of my favourite shops that I love to browse at The Springs.

They are as follows:

BASIN
DISNEY DAYS OF CHRISTMAS
GOOFY'S CANDY COMPANY
THE LEGO STORE
THE M&M STORE (I have been to the one in NYC but not here, yet)
THE MARKETPLACE CO-OP
UNIQLO
THE WORLD OF DISNEY

I also plan to have a later lunch at Blaze Pizza and get a GF treat at Erin McKenna’s.

I will head back to POP mid afternoon for a pool break, some relaxing and reading and then a necessary visit to the laundry room.

I will probably have a late dinner at either Everything POP or maybe wander over to Landscape of Flavors at AOA.

I will be trying to get to bed a bit early as the next day is going to be a marathon day.

NEXT UP: DAY 4 PLANS

Reactions: DLo
I like how everything is a 1.
I am not really sure what you mean. Can you please clarify?
I'm glad you know how to navigate Genie+. It seems like a giant Calculus problem to me.
It’s definitely been a challenge to figure it out. I love figuring things out tho. I enjoy a good puzzle/problem.

That being said, Knowledge and theory are quite different then practical application.

I am quite excited to use it in real time and see how it actually works.

I am not really sure what you mean. Can you please clarify?

It’s definitely been a challenge to figure it out. I love figuring things out tho. I enjoy a good puzzle/problem.

That being said, Knowledge and theory are quite different then practical application.

I am quite excited to use it in real time and see how it actually works.
Your first post on why you keep going back. All the points are numbered "1" as in they are all the main reasons for doing so. I like that.

Your first post on why you keep going back. All the points are numbered "1" as in they are all the main reasons for doing so. I like that.
Oh my goodness! I totally missed that! LOL! Thank for you pointing that out.

It should not have been like that. I have fixed it now.

I am glad that you found it amusing.

DAY 4 PLANS

This day might just do me in.

On this day, I am going to attemp to do something I have never done before but always wanted to do.

I am going to attempt to do ALL 4 PARKS IN 1 DAY!

I thought I had a good plan for this day - it was going to be not too difficult to get to all 4 parks and do the things I wanted to do and still have a somewhat reasonable day.

But... Then Disney decided to throw a curve ball at my plan by extending the park hours!!!

Soooo, I decided to throw all caution to the wind and do something else I have always wanted to do....

Enter a Disney Theme Park while it is still somewhat dark out in the morning.

My overall Goals for the Day are to:

1. Ride a ride in each park
2. Watch a show in each park
3. Eat a snack/meal in each park
4. Have a special Photopass picture taken in each park

Here is how my day - currently - is shaping up

5:15am - drag myself out of bed and quickly get washed and dressed and ready to head out.

5:45am - be at the bus stop to catch the bus to Animal Kingdom.

6:15am - arrive at AK and join the likely already assembled mass of people waiting to enter the park.

7:00am - make a LL for Kilimanjaro Safari, hopefully for around 8:30am

7:05 - RD FOP followed by Navi River Journey

7:30 - Dinosaur

7:45am - Triceratops Spin (why not??)

8:00am - find coffee and wander through the Oasis and Discovery Island Trails for a bit, maybe watch for any of the Flotillas that might sail by, maybe check around for a Photopass photographer

8:30 - Tap into my LL for the Safari

9:00 - breakfast at Yak & Yeti Local Food Cafes

9:30am - wander through some shops for a few minutes then head to the first showing of the Lion King show, I will also try to make a LL for later in the day

10:00am - Lion King Show

10:30am - head back to POP for a few hours to rest and hang out by the pool and read and hopefully stack up a few LL for later in the day

1:30pm - I will hop on the skyliner to Hollywood Studios

2:00 (or maybe a bit sooner if I am lucky) - tap into DHS and head to the....

2:30 showing of For The First Time in Forever: A Frozen Sing Along Celebration.

3:00pm - Ride a ride (probably Star Tours)

3:15pm - Find a Photopass

3:30 - grab a snack ( probably a frozen lemonade/Coke)

3:50 - Watch the Pixar Pals Motorcade

4:00pm - Leave DHS and walk (oh yes, I am king to walk!!) to EPCOT, while walking, I will try to get a LL for either SE or LWTL, I will also be Mobile ordering some food

4:30pm - Arrive at the International Gateway of Epcot, tap in and stroll around the WS in the direction of the American Pavilion

5:00pm - watch the final showing of the Voices of Liberty

5:15pm - Have dinner at Regal Eagle

5:45 - Head to whatever ride I was able to get

6;00pm - ride the ride and do a photopass pic

6:30pm - Head out of Epcot and ride the Monorail to MK

7:00pm - Arrive MK and tap in

7:10 - watch Carousel of Preogress

7:30 - Ride the TTA Peoplemover

7:40 - Get a snack - likely some popcorn or a Dole Whip - and find a photopass

8:00 - use whatever LLs I managed to pick up through out the day.

9:00pm - Head out of the park, hopefully before the fireworks (to try to avoid that crush of humanity), take the bus back to POP and fall into bed, feeling exhausted yet victorious after finally completing the 4 Parks 1 Day challenge!!

We will see what actually happens!!

NEXT UP: DAY 5 PLANS

Reactions: DLo

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter