Intimates VR - need help with dining suggestions

TNdisneymom

Mouseketeer
Hi ~
We have an IVR planned for 11am @ SBP on 2/27/06. I thought after cake cutting/toast we would take our small group (no more than 12) to lunch. I would like for all of us to stay in our wedding attire and go for lunch but... can not seem to find a place that serves lunch at a resort. I did not want to go to DTD and walk around in my dress. Any suggestions - I could change time of ceremony to 1pm (3pm and 5pm are taken)and do dinner instead, but what to do between 2pm to 5pm before reservation for dinner - HELP!!!!! :confused3

First of all, congrats! Seabreeeze point is beautiful!

What about booking a pontoon boat and having a picnic lunch while you cruise? The water area is somewhat limited at SBP, but if you were willing to go to DTD and leave from there, there is a beautiful cruise up the river past PO and such. You could even take two boats and spread out.

Or...book one of the suites at the BW that has a large balcony, serve lunch on the patio and enjoy the view!

If you want to trek over the the GF marina area, you can also do lunch on the Grand One, beautiful!

Hugs and pixie dust,

Susy

I think the Big River Grille on the boardwalk serves lunch, and ESPN club does as well (although I don't think that's a "proper" place for wedding attire).

You might want to see if somewhere at the Swan or Dolphin serves lunch too...that would be a nice walk from SBP.

Although, if you can afford it, I like the idea of getting a larger room at the Boardwalk and having something brought in.

Bridegirl and hiwaygal, thanks for some great ideas! I knew someone here would have some great suggestions :goodvibes

I was in the same boat, morning intimate wedding and wanted to have lunch with everyone but not many places outside the parks serve lunch. My wedding co-ordinator recommended the Porta Bello Yacht Club in Downtown Disney, it looks very nice from the pictures I have seen and it is an Italian restraurant. We are having the limo take us there and getting town cars to bring us back to the resorts after lunch. I have heard nothing but good about this place so I can't wait to try it - just 17 more days to go! :)

Concourse steakhouse at the CR resort (on the monorail) serves lunch and they customized the menu for me.
Lisa

We had our lunch reception at Porta Bello Yacht Club after our 11 o'clock wedding. It was great food and we had most of the restaurant to ourselves. If your only concern is walking around - it isn't a problem. The limo dropped us off at the entrance next to the McDonalds and its a short walk to Porta Bello from there. The limo also picked us up there. I walked around in my dress and got some great pictures in front of the McDonalds sign, the lego figures, and even a picture in the World of Disney store. It was actually a lot of fun!
Here is a link to our pictures: http://www.flickr.com/photos/caniswolfie/

Meagan, I loved your pictures. And I loved your kitties! That Jerry gets around, doesn't he?

Thanks for sharing your pictures. I had never seen pictures of a wedding at the Wilderness Lodge terrace.

Meags912 said:
We had our lunch reception at Porta Bello Yacht Club after our 11 o'clock wedding. It was great food and we had most of the restaurant to ourselves. If your only concern is walking around - it isn't a problem. The limo dropped us off at the entrance next to the McDonalds and its a short walk to Porta Bello from there. The limo also picked us up there. I walked around in my dress and got some great pictures in front of the McDonalds sign, the lego figures, and even a picture in the World of Disney store. It was actually a lot of fun!
Here is a link to our pictures: http://www.flickr.com/photos/caniswolfie/

If you wanted something nearby i know several restaurants in the dolphin/swan do lunch and are usually relatively quiet! Other than that you could possibly hire a room in the boardwalk and have a nice lunch there? Other people have mentioned how nice the attic is!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter