Interval International Membership?

MickeyFan84

Mouseketeer
From what I've read it looks like DVC members are not eligible for II individual membership - is that correct? We are inching closer and closer to a purchase decision, but this would be a big plus as far as we're concerned. I'd love to have access to II getaways and such that we've previously enjoyed through a relative's membership.

This board has been a wealth of information - thanks so much to all those who patiently answer the questions of us newbies again and again. :thumbsup2

No, DVCers can not get individual II memberships. All trades go through Member Services

just buy the min points or get resale.

they buy a fairly nice timeshare that does trade thru II for $2,500 or less.

No, unfortunately buying DVC doesn't qualify you for a regular II membership. We had to buy another timeshare to get an individual II membership and access to the Getaway weeks.

just buy the min points or get resale.

they buy a fairly nice timeshare that does trade thru II for $2,500 or less.

That will probably be my plan down the road. However, since DH's not even completely sold on DVC yet, I think I'll wait a bit before mentioning it... :rolleyes1

Actually, there is a bit of an advantage to not needing to be an individual member of II. True that you can't have access to the trades yourself, but MS makes it pretty easy, and you don't have the extra cost of II membership.

That will probably be my plan down the road. However, since DH's not even completely sold on DVC yet, I think I'll wait a bit before mentioning it... :rolleyes1
Or go the other way and do the cheap resale reg timeshare first. That's esp true if you can go in off season and can do with a 1 BR or less at DVC where you can likely exchange in. Yes there are advantages and disadvantages but for those who want to use II regularly it is a big disadvantage with the current system.

I wish DVC could get some kind of access to those last minute gateaway weeks. There are other timeshare companies with a corporate membership with II (just like DVC) and they STILL have access to those getaways.
I dont know why we can not do it. It will be perfect to have getaways with in the current system without an individual II membership. Afterall, those are clereance weeks they want to get rid of.

I wish DVC could get some kind of access to those last minute gateaway weeks. There are other timeshare companies with a corporate membership with II (just like DVC) and they STILL have access to those getaways.
I dont know why we can not do it. It will be perfect to have getaways with in the current system without an individual II membership. Afterall, those are clereance weeks they want to get rid of.
It's because DVC chooses it to be so. As I've noted previously on a couple of other threads, I am aware that DVC is negotiating with II, we'll see what ultimately happens in this area. IMO, the best single change would be for reduced points costs during flextime as well as access to getaways.

Well... here's my warning.

I was on a tour of Costa Rica last week. Our last stop was an Interval International Resort. (Ampola in Jaco) All I can say is thank goodness DVC protects me from that dump! (If you have a Interval membership think LONG and hard before you stay there. Lousy service, no hot water, and HORRID food. At breakfast EVERYTHING was burnt And their adversting of "near the beach" is a little misleading. LOL!)

It's because DVC chooses it to be so. As I've noted previously on a couple of other threads, I am aware that DVC is negotiating with II, we'll see what ultimately happens in this area. IMO, the best single change would be for reduced points costs during flextime as well as access to getaways.

Dean, I wonder if Disney has ever thought of doing what Starwood Vacation Club does for their members with II? I heard when someone buys a Starwood week that they are automatically given a II account even though it's considered a Starwood corporate account and it's only for the Starwood week. I heard that they can shop online with that corporate account, but Starwood still controls what week gets deposited. I would guess this also gives Starwood owners access to the Getaways - any Starwood Vacation Club owners that can verify this?

Also, as far as quality, I'm pretty sure the Marriott we own prevents me from seeing lesser resorts within II. So I believe there's some kind of quality screen on our Marriott to prevent us from seeing lower rated resorts.

I sure would like to have access to the getaways they are great deals.

Dean, I wonder if Disney has ever thought of doing what Starwood Vacation Club does for their members with II? I heard when someone buys a Starwood week that they are automatically given a II account even though it's considered a Starwood corporate account and it's only for the Starwood week. I heard that they can shop online with that corporate account, but Starwood still controls what week gets deposited. I would guess this also gives Starwood owners access to the Getaways - any Starwood Vacation Club owners that can verify this?

Also, as far as quality, I'm pretty sure the Marriott we own prevents me from seeing lesser resorts within II. So I believe there's some kind of quality screen on our Marriott to prevent us from seeing lower rated resorts.
I think DVC wants more control than that but It would be a nice addition for many DVC members.

Actually, there is a bit of an advantage to not needing to be an individual member of II. True that you can't have access to the trades yourself, but MS makes it pretty easy, and you don't have the extra cost of II membership.

I was going to mention that point. Also, I've seen my mil & fil and my brother and sil go through headaches with their individual timeshare locations jumping in and out of RCI and II, and was just thinking how glad I am that our setup is so much more straightforward than theirs. Though a few individual trade locations do change a bit from year to year, that's nothing like what hapened to my bro and sil. They recently paid however much it was to join II so that they could trade into DVC for a vacation with us, and then paid another $4000 for the privilege of being able to will their timeshare to their kids, and when sil called last week to set up a trade, was told their company was no longer with II but with RCI instead, and now she they can't trade into DVC at all. Boy was she upset, and I don't blame her. At least we know something like that won't happen to us. (Yes we might find that somewhere we had hoped to go is no longer on our list at some point, but at least we won't be paying extra $$$ for that privilege!)

On the same topic - how does the Adventure portion of the DVC work (i.e. Safaris and other excursions?)

Are the points required listed somewhere for these?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter