Internet and Disney Housing

FluffedMojo

Por Favor Mantengase Alejado De Las Puertas
Hey guys, I'll be attending the College Program in the fall.

My big question...what is the internet situation in the housing complexes? I plan on bringing my Xbox and iPad, and I'd really like to have a "real" computer with me as well (desktop or laptop, haven't decided).

But what is the internet like? Is there just an ethernet port in each room? Or in certain areas of the apartment? Is there wireless internet? Can I setup wireless internet? Any info would be awesome.

in my apartment we have a wireless router with laptops, an xbox and a blu-ray player.. at first we couldn't use xbox live or stream netflix until we found out about the "boosted" package that you can buy. it gives you improved speed and a private ip adress. We paid something like 70 dollars for three months of improved internet so xbox live could work. Before the internet was pretty slow... now it's more like you would get with typical broadband. Only one ethernet port, which is by the modem in the living room.
And they do block out certain things on the internet if you get my drift.. it's hard to get around it too. like i can't download torrents/music or anything like i did at home. It's also against policy to do anything sketchy on their net, as i've heard that they monitor it.

Does every House have the chance to get something like this "Boosted" Package?

I'm in vista, and as far as i know it is available to everyone. When you get down here go to the club house at your complex and they should have information about it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter