• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Internet access

Tigger7570

Happiness is OKW
Hi:
Since I won't have a laptop with us on this trip, does anyone know if there is a way to access a computer to check on e-mails, etc. In all the years we have been going, I've never checked into this. Is there anything at the DVCs or nearby. Thanks for the help.

I can tell you where they are NOT:

Value Resorts or any of the parks.

In February I was told that they are at the "business hotels" in WDW. Without internet access I was unable to assign my airline seats in February for our trip home - big mistake. We got stuck in the last row, no window, very noisy. Good luck.

Since I won't have a laptop with us on this trip, does anyone know if there is a way to access a computer to check on e-mails, etc.

Yes there is. The Boardwalk, Yacht Club, Contemporary, Grand Floridian and Corranardo Springs (all resorts with conference centers) have Business Centers, where guests can use a pc for interent access. There is a nominal charge.

HTH

dvc convert,

do you know if you get access to a printer?? We are staying at the BWV and

I would love to print my preboard passes on our trip home from fla

thanks for any info

Yes DeeDeeDis

At both the BW and CR I have used the computers and as I recall, at CR the PC had it's own deskjet, and at BW they had a network printer

HTH

DVCconvert said:
Yes there is. The Boardwalk, Yacht Club, Contemporary, Grand Floridian and Corranardo Springs (all resorts with conference centers) have Business Centers, where guests can use a pc for interent access. There is a nominal charge.

HTH

I guess it depends how you define "nominal". I thought $10/15 minutes was steep. In fact I am considering buying a refurbished laptop for my WDW trips. This way I don't have to pay outrageous fees AND I can use the laptop any time. The business center at BWV is only open 9-5.

They used to have these cute kiosks in the parks and at the deluxe resorts that had intenet access (but no printer) for very reasonable rates, but last year for some reason they took them all out. :sad1: :sad:

Go to the Business Center at the Dolphin. Fees are a little lower and it is accessible 24/7. Just swipe you CC and go.

Much easier then anyplace Disney has.

If you just need to check-in for the flight, the front desk at any of the DVCs can do that for you and will print out your boarding passes free of charge.

I realize some of you were looking for something more that that though.

CarolA said:
Go to the Business Center at the Dolphin. Fees are a little lower and it is accessible 24/7. Just swipe you CC and go.

Much easier then anyplace Disney has.

Good to know CarolA, thanks! Have you been there recently, as in the last 6 months? Only asking because (as I posted earlier) there used to be those convenient and reasonably priced internet kiosks that are all gone. They were there for years, last time I used them was 5/04. They were gone my next trip, 9/04. I've posted on this before, it's definitely a pet peeve of mine that the easiest and cheapest way to check email has been removed. When I asked why no one knew.
Thanks again Carol, I'll walk over to the Dolphin and check it out next trip, which is fast approaching, Yay! :cool1: :goodvibes

If you have wireless capability, you can go to just about any Starbucks and log onto T-Mobile for a very nominal fee. Two good things about it - it always works, and it's easy. If you buy something, they'll often give you the access code for nothing.

It's a great option if you're in a strange city and just want to check email, but not to print boarding passes.

Air Tran allows you to pick your seats and not print out the boarding passes right then, you can pick them up at the airport. All the resorts have dial-up capability. That's enough for me, the $9.95 per day seems steep for high speed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter