Internet Access at Vistana

nepean

Mouseketeer
Do any of the units at the Vistana have internet access? Or are the phones data ports and you need your own provider on your laptop? Has anyone used their laptops for internet while at the Vistana?

Lots of questions. My daughter requires internet hookup for submitting her school work while we are away.

Thanks

Nepean

i'm not sure about access in the rooms but i do know there is a place called " the cyber net cafe" that has computers and internet access.

Or are the phones data ports and you need your own provider on your laptop? Has anyone used their laptops for internet while at the Vistana?
We last used our laptop at Vistana in 2003 (didn't go last year). But at that time, we used the phone data ports and accessed the web via our AOL service. We called the front desk to get a couple local access numbers. Not sure if anything has changed since summer 2003.
Pink diva is correct....there is a cyber net cafe, but it's VERY costly. If your daughter needs to do homework, the laptop is the way to go.

Thanks everyone. We have a 1-800 access number with our web minutes. I prefer high speed since up-loading her assignments is a big deal if there are pictures and graphs etc.

Nepean

When we were there last Feb, the internet was down. We played phone tag with the Vistana tech guy for 2 days, the folks we spoke to at the front desk gave us access #s that didn't work, and finally the tech guy told us that they were in the process of changing providers and their service would be down for a few more days. My dh and ds ended up going to Starbucks to do what they needed to do. I would certainly hope it is fixed by now! This was the only problem we ran into there-it is a wonderful place to stay and we can't wait to go back!

My dh and ds ended up going to Starbucks to do what they needed to do. I would certainly hope it is fixed by now!
I haven't been there since 2003, but if it is down, in addition to Starbucks, there is a Kinkos on SR 535 (maybe 15 min tops from the resort) where you could get internet access. But I'm hoping Vistana's service is back up and running.

When I was there a couple of years ago, the dialup connection in the room was PAINFULLY slow.

Sheila

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!