International a Gateway to close 11/27 to 12/17?

Discussion in 'Disney Rumors and News' started by DebbieB, Oct 13, 2018.

1. DebbieB

DebbieB DIS Veteran

For gondola construction. Anyone hear this? I typically stay at BWV the first week of December, but not this year. I would be really ticked.

2. rteetz

rteetz Rumors and News Moderator Moderator

No I haven’t although that would line up with the rumored cable install time frame.

3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. Trinity88

Trinity88 Mouseketeer

I'm hearing this too. I'm so disappointed if it's true. :(

5. jlundeen

jlundeen Mickey Fanatic

Could you list a source please...thanks.

gwynne likes this.
  6. CarolMN

CarolMN DVC Co-Moderator Moderator

Well, I am staying there then and I am not happy.

Hope it's not true.

AdamsMum likes this.
  7. DebbieB

DebbieB DIS Veteran

It was in a posted trip report, she said a cm told her. I know that can normally be taken with a grain of salt but at some point those cables will have to go up and it makes sense before the holidays.

rteetz likes this.
  8. rteetz

rteetz Rumors and News Moderator Moderator

The Swan and Dolphin is telling guests the boats will be down to IG during that time so this makes sense.

Fleuristic likes this.
  9. Future_WorldPhonencian

Future_WorldPhonencian Mouseketeer

Any idea how long the closure will last? We have a stay coming up at Boardwalk in Dec.

10. Future_WorldPhonencian

Future_WorldPhonencian Mouseketeer

Oops read too fast... 12/17 :duck:

11. 2xcited2sleep

2xcited2sleep DIS Veteran

I saw the same... perhaps in the same trip report. I am booked at the Yacht Club for a weekend trip for the express purpose of walk-in access to Epcot, candlelight processional and holiday storytellers. I will be very upset if I decided to splurge and pay that premium for walking access and don't have that benefit. And, also, if true, they really should be communicating it to guests.

12. gwynne

gwynne Ad astra per aspera

Could someone post a link to the trip report that mentions a possible IG closure?

13. iheartglaciers

iheartglaciers DIS Veteran

I have an early December trip booked and would be really upset if that were the case! Especially since I could’ve stayed elsewhere for the whole trip, but it’s too late to change to a different resort now with DVC.

vinotinto and 2xcited2sleep like this.
  14. AdamsMum

AdamsMum Mouseketeer

Noooooo! My trip is Dec 9-17. Hopefully just a rumour. I stay at BWV precisely for the ability to walk "home" at night for at least part of my stay and not have to wait in huge lines for buses.

gwynne and 2xcited2sleep like this.
  15. gwynne

Exactly. We base our timing for Epcot dining reservations on being able to walk through the IG. If we had to wait in a bus line, be bussed to the main Epcot entrance....ugh.

16. 2xcited2sleep

Or imagine the lines after Illuminations to go "home." :crazy2: I know totally first world problems but when that's what you've expressly planned for (not to mention PAID FOR) it's frustrating. And even more so when hearing about it on a message board vs. directly from the resort. Still hoping it's rumor but ...

17. Cinderumbrella

Cinderumbrella DIS Veteran

I’m really skeptical of this one. I can’t imagine them not putting out an announcement as this is a HUGE closure. AFAIK, The only thing we have seen so far was from Costco Travel alerting Swolphin guests that the boat won’t be running for unspecified reason. None of the Disney resorts have been reporting anything similar yet.

2xcited2sleep and AdamsMum like this.
  18. AdamsMum

AdamsMum Mouseketeer

I really hope you're right, but in the past year they closed Ellen's Energy Adventure and the Great Movie Ride with very little notice. They aren't known for putting their cards on the table early.
    Not being able to book at 11 mths out, I booked 10 mths out and had to book a split stay between my two home resorts BC/BWV. These aren't resorts you would be staying at without considerable planning. I can't change now, flights booked, BC points borrowed from 2019.

19. 2xcited2sleep

I'm crossing my fingers. I wasn't affected but know earlier this year there was a somewhat similar example at the Animal Kingdom Lodge where they announced the closure of their pool "at the last minute" where it was too late for most guests to change their plans. Clearly not quite the same but still a fairly significant resort amenity.

snappy, Madame, soniam and 2 others like this.
  20. gwynne

I am so hoping you are correct. I keep thinking about the big brouhaha a pool closure causes. They usually notify like crazy about pools.....This is so much bigger than a pool closure.
    Edited to add: @2xcited2sleep we must have been posting at the same time. You make a good point, occasionally they don't give weeks of notice about pools.

snappy and 2xcited2sleep like this.
  21. Cinderumbrella

Cinderumbrella DIS Veteran

Closing a ride is hardly on par with taking away one of the key amenities of the Crescent Lake resorts.

I just feel like if this was the case, it would have been confirmed by multiple CMs by now.

gwynne and AdamsMum like this.