Interesting taxi ride to the Disney Toy story hotel

helenk

I wish I was in Disney World
We queued for a taxi from the airport. Told the person directing people to each taxi where we wanted to go. Got in the taxi told the driver and showed him the directions in Chinese. He seemed confused but got directions and we were off. Once the meter hit 62 rmb he told us we had to get out he could not go any further. We were upset to say the least. He called the hotel we thought he just did not know where to go. Not it turned out when he left the airport he was told the wrong information and he could not drive any further. He told us to get out and get another taxi. We paid him $50 rmb I refused to pay the full fare which by now because we had been arguing with him and he had been on the phone was 67 rmb. He took the 50 and took off. Fortunately we were able to flag another taxi. It turned out we were not far from the hotel. It cost another 20 rmb and we made it to the hotel. I have never experienced anything like that. I guess the driver had to stay within a certain zone.

Sorry about your experience there with the taxi. That doesn't seem right at all, but thankfully you were able to get another taxi. We are heading there in a few months and hoping our taxi experience is seamless :)

Thankfully it worked out okay. It was a stressful start to the Disney portion of my trip. But once I saw the top of the castle in the background I immediately relaxed

Wow what a stressful start! That is precisely why I was nervous about getting taxis! Sounds like you coped remarkably well. Hope your trip improves from here and you have a magical time at SDL :goodvibes

Wow what a stressful start! That is precisely why I was nervous about getting taxis! Sounds like you coped remarkably well. Hope your trip improves from here and you have a magical time at SDL :goodvibes
The hotel and the park are amazing. After riding Pirates of the Caribbean here I have to say that the rides in WDW and Disneyland California cannot hold a candle to the ride in Shanghai.

That's unfortunate. On my first trip to China in 2009, the taxi driver on the way to the airport kept falling asleep at the wheel. We were on a highway, so there was little option to change taxis. Instead, we decided to start singing very, very, very loudly to keep him awake!

That's unfortunate. On my first trip to China in 2009, the taxi driver on the way to the airport kept falling asleep at the wheel. We were on a highway, so there was little option to change taxis. Instead, we decided to start singing very, very, very loudly to keep him awake!

Yikes! :faint:

On my recent trip to Tokyo Disneyland, I caught a taxi at the main train station, showed him the address in Japanese and he put it in his GPS. Then he tried to drop me off at someone's house. I knew we were close to the parks, and it took him a little while (with me helping to find alternative ways to say Sheraton Grande Tokyo Bay hotel), but we did eventually get to the hotel. Then the guy refused my money! Would not take a cent. Kept saying no! No!. I had the bellman try to talk to the driver but the man was adamant that he would not allow me to pay for the ride.

On my recent trip to Tokyo Disneyland, I caught a taxi at the main train station, showed him the address in Japanese and he put it in his GPS. Then he tried to drop me off at someone's house. I knew we were close to the parks, and it took him a little while (with me helping to find alternative ways to say Sheraton Grande Tokyo Bay hotel), but we did eventually get to the hotel. Then the guy refused my money! Would not take a cent. Kept saying no! No!. I had the bellman try to talk to the driver but the man was adamant that he would not allow me to pay for the ride.
Wow that was really nice of him. I started to walk away from our taxi without paying because I was so upset our driver was adamant that we pay. He wanted the 62 that had been on the meter before we stopped. I threw a 50 at him and he took that and left.

Our trip from the hotel to the airport was uneventful. The cost was 130 rmb but we ran into some traffic from an accident.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter