• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Interesting comment on "Disney Secrets" show made me think of Pop Century.

Terry S

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/index.
Well, I was watching Travel Channels Disney Secrets or Inside Disney or whatever it was called show the other night and they mentioned that when Walt decided to go to Florida, he bought a lot of land because he didn't want to happen in Florida what happened in California with all the tacky hotels that went up after DL went up. Well, now when you first enter WDW, what do you see? Things like the words "Duh" and other words I didn't care to remember. Well, if that is not tacky, what is? Even our Town Car driver mentioned that it is a shame that that is the first thing you see when you enter WDW. I don't have a problem with the Value resorts, but I just don't want "Duh" to be the first thing I see upon entering WDW. Is this what they think Walt would have wanted?

Is this what they think Walt would have wanted?

I seriously doubt it!

Hopefully, they will landscape that road with many tall trees so only those who choose to see "Duh" and all of the other slang terms will have to see them.

Perhaps once the resort is completely done, it will look better... even All Stars took a bit of getting used to!

Boy do I agree with you!!! The pop century hotel is NOT what Walt would of wanted. (IMHO) TAcky Tacky Tacky!!

I thought the idea of Pop Century or Pop Culture as it was going to be called was very cool!

Then I saw the pics---YUCK!:mad:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter