Insurance companies (grr)

Forevryoung

DIS Veteran
Well actually I shouldn't be growling at my insurance companies this time- I should be growling at my doctor. And I need to vent before he calls me back and I tell him that I'm never going back to see him. He's good but not worth the money and aggravation.

I have 2 insuarance companies- one through my parents (primary) and one through the university (secondary)

So my therapy bills have to go through my parents insuarance and get a denial before they can be sent to the university insurance where I'll get reimbursed $65 a session :banana:. Lot of paperwork but my mom (in the healthcare field) said she would take care of it for me :love: . The problem comes in that my therapist wont give up his tax id number and our primary insurance company wont send the denial without it. So we are still sitting on paperwork from oct, nov, dec and we have to send out february too. We just need the denial but they wont give the denial without the number and the therapist refuses to give us his number!!!!! :sad2: :mad: :eek: :scared:

He's jerking me and my parents around for several hundred dollars at this point (which we badly need at the moment but that's a different story).

I'm waiting for a call back from the doctor. My mom and I have spent time with both insurance companies on the phone and the only solution is getting the number from him.

All this because I WANT the DENIAL (oh the irony :rolleyes1 )

I wouldn't pay. He may not want to give it up because he maybe working without it which is illegal. Your insurance company can tell him to give it up or they will report him.

I wouldn't pay. He may not want to give it up because he maybe working without it which is illegal. Your insurance company can tell him to give it up or they will report him.

Oh, he's already paid- money due at time of services of course (always the way it is with this stuff). Waiting for reimbursement is the issue. I will fight this tooth and nail but I'm never seeing him again. I'll find someone who doesn't go looking for trouble with insurance companies :rolleyes:

He may not want to give it up because he maybe working without it which is illegal. Your insurance company can tell him to give it up or they will report him.
You can report him to the medical board and to the IRS.

His number is probably his ss# and that's why he won't give it out; however I would think that hte insurance company would REQUIRE that before they even accept him as a provider. Is his number on any of your bills? MOst companies have it listed somewhere on their bill or invoice

His number is probably his ss# and that's why he won't give it out; however I would think that hte insurance company would REQUIRE that before they even accept him as a provider. Is his number on any of your bills? MOst companies have it listed somewhere on their bill or invoice

He isn't a provider for this specific insurance company which is why they are going to deny my claim. Then I am going to submit it to the company who he is registered as a provider for (already called them and they don't have the number either :confused3 ) so that I can get paid.

My parents are both healthcare providers and both put their numbers on their bills- they think this situation is very odd and frustrating.

Get all of your forms ready, signed, folded and with postage on the envelope. Take the forms to the therapist's office (give it directly to the person who is responsible for dealing with insurance) and have them write his provider number on it and send it in for you.

Call the insurance company in a week or so to be sure they got it.

Frankly, I hope this doctor isn't providing mental health therapy, because he's suffering from paranoid delusions himself.:sad2:

Frankly, I hope this doctor isn't providing mental health therapy, because he's suffering from paranoid delusions himself.:sad2:

My thoughts exactly... and I'm the nut ;)

I think it's been taken care of (my parents took care of it) and I'm not going back to him.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter