DIS Veteran

1.] Weight Loss Plan you are using
2.] Starting Date
3.]Weight stats:
start/current/goal
(if you feel okay giving out this info)
4.]Height
;)

I am Low Carbing on my own(similar to Atkins)
started 6/17/2002
247/235/139
5'2"

My weight loss journey website:
www.wovenwonder.com/jodysjourney
:p

I had 3 women who inspired me who had all done Weight Watchers, but I'm still not sure what prompted me to finally do it!

I marched into WW on 12/3/01 standing 5'10" and weighing 228 pounds. On the flip chart was written:

Success stops when you do

which became my mantra. On Day 3, I thought I would drop of starvation. Surprisingly, ;) I didn't die!

At my first weigh-in 10 days later, I had lost 4.6 pounds! I was hooked. I've had great weeks and awful weeks, but I've never quit because [see mantra above].

Over the months I've done lots of brisk walking. Over time, I became more in shape and wanted to add something to really get my blood pumping -- I add short jogging segments now when I walk! My family can't believe it. I dragged them all to a 5K Walk on the 4th of July and we're going to do another on Labor Day. I have gotten over my dislike of sweat. :bounce:

I now weigh 180 and hope to get my "50 pounds lost" magnet this Wednesday. WW says I could quit at 167 and be within their guidelines, but I'm not stopping there. I haven't done all this just to look OK. I want to look great. My personal goal is 148 which will be total loss of 80 pounds.

I've had some great experiences running into people who haven't seen me in a while and here I am wearing little jogging shorts! I've changed my hair which emphasizes how thinner my face is. I've had people not recognize me! It. is. so. fun.

A year ago, I would never have believed this was possible. I only wish I had done it years ago.

Let me know if you need any more inspiration!!! :p

I started WW on 6/17 and have done well with that. Decided I wanted to lose as much as possible before going to WDW next month and am doing Atkins for at least 2 weeks. I'm 5'1" and started at 184, weighed in at 171 last night. I would like to lose at least 5 more before WDW in 2 1/2 weeks. Even when I go back on WW, it will still be low carb. I can make that work fairly well with their point system.

Weight Loss Plan you are using-Weight Watchers
Don't remember the starting Date
I am 5'5" and currently wiegh 259. This is the most I have wieghed since November of last year. When I went to the Doctor November of last year I was 263. When I went to Disney in October of last yeasr I was 254.

I seem to gain motivation then loose it so I hover a lot and then gain some then loose some again. If I ever stick with it I know I can do it. Four years ago I started to play around with loosing weight and at that time I weighed 289. So I have managed to loose and keep of 30 ppounds which I am very proud of. My current goal is to be below 250 when We leave for Disney in September!!!! I just really need to find my determination again!!!!

Diet Plan - a modified version of my old standby Diet Workshop/WW style diet. Plus exercise; walking, tennis.

Start Date - Sometime in February 2002.

Weights - 195/178/160-165 (my lowest weight was 137 but very hard to maintain)

Height - 5'7"

I joined WW on June 27, 2001. I'm 5'2" and weighed 198 1/2, the highest ever. Getting close to 200 scared me! A couple of women at work had just joined so I decided to also. I was down to 166 by Thanksgiving. We went to WDW the beginning of December and I decided to take December off and just try to maintain (big mistake!). I gained 3 pounds and started out the year at 169.5. I've been up and down a little since then, I got down to 162.5 by our May WDW trip but then went back up a little, but this week hit my lowpoint - 162. Lowest in about 9 years. I was around 150-155 for a long time in my 20's and early 30's but starting packing it on after that. I would like to get down to my HS weight - 130. The weight maximum for my height for WW is 131. The problem I've had after the end of last year is that even though I would like to lose more, I am kinda comfortable. I bought new clothes, down to size 12 (from 16). So I'm having problems keeping motivated. I keep going to WW because I know if I didn't I would probably gain it all back. I didn't go for a couple of weeks at the end of June and could see I was eating too much because I knew I wasn't going to weigh in. Especially over 4th of July! So I got back on it and lost what I gained. Now to keep going....

I joined Weight Watchers on April 18, 2002 and have lost 31.2 pounds as of today.

I'm doing LA Weightloss. My friend gave me a copy of her diet.
Started on June 14th.
Start weight: 157
Now: 137
Goal: 120-125
Height: 5'4''

I hoping to lose a few more pounds this week since we leave for WDW on Friday...I KNOW I will gain weight at WDW...There's no way I'm giving up all those snacks while on vacation! ;)

I do my own plan, cut back on portion size, eat more fruits and veggies, and eat regular food, not low or no fat food.
I started in June of last year.
I've lost 25 pounds, with 5 to 7 more to go.
157/132/125-127
Height: 5'3"

Hi Jody!:cool:

Today is day 1! I am finally motivated!

1) I am using my own modified plan. I am basicly decreasing my intake in total. I am increasing my veggie and fruit intake, and severly limiting my chip intake! ;) I am going to keep a food log, and submit it to my dietician. She said she would evaluate it for me and give me recommendations. This will work for me, because I hate to count points, calories etc. I want to focus on how I feel rather than attaining, cal or point goals. And by submitting it to her, it will keep me in check!

2)JULY 31st 2002! HURRAY!

3) Not ready to publicly give this out, but my goal wt is 130-135

4) 5 2 1/2

Congrats on your success!:bounce::bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

This is a very motivating thread so I will add:

Weight loss plan I am using: Well, I am trying to limit the amount of carbs, cutting down portion size and trying to exercise!!

My start date: 08/06/02

My weight stats: 155/155/100

My height: 4'11"

I am going to give it my all - I have a wonderful family vacation coming up in November and want to be thinner and healthier by then (I know I am not going to be at my goal, but hopfully on my way there - I am going to be very realistic!!)

I am doing this for myself to be healthier and self confident, for my husband to keep the flame alive and for my DD so we can run and play together and I can get into her tunnel and hut and so she can have a role model and know what being healthy is all about!!

Wish me luck and send your "thin" prayers my way!!

Also GOOD LUCK to all of you!!

Lisa

I am VERY proud to say that I have made my goal!!!!:)

I have been doing Weight Watchers since February, and have lost 43 lbs.

I started out at 201 and now weigh 158.

I went from a size 18 to a 12.

My three close friends and I joined together, and keep each other motivated.

We all joined Curves as well, and LOVE it.

I feel like a new human being, and love the fact that I can buy, and fit into the clothes that I REALLY want.

My whole family's lives have become healthier due to my change in lifestyle, and i am proud of all of us.

I have just finished 2 weeks of maintenace, with 4 more to go til Lifetime.:) :) :) :)

Lauren -- WOOOO HOOOO! Goal weight!!!! Stand up and twirl around for us to see!!! Good job!

Thank you! I am very proud of myself. If I can do it, anyone can. Good luck to everyone:) !!!!!!

laurenk: C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S!! :p

That is such great news. I know how hard you must have worked being weight is so hard to get off!!

Thanks for the inspiration of knowing that we all can do it if we put our minds to it!!

Lisa

Thank you Lisa!

One tidbit of advice for everyone.... Make sure you set a REALISTIC goal for yourselves that you also will be able to maintain. It's wonderful to reach your goal, but then you have to mentally and physically be able to stay at it.:D

I started WW in July 2000
I have lost 11.4 pounds (I had lost 20, but gained some back)
I started at 151.4 pounds and now weigh 140.
I'm 5'1" tall and my goal is 125.

I decided that no matter how long it takes me I WILL do this! I have always quit diets in the past, and I proud of myself for sticking with it, even during the gains. I WILL get my goal!!!

I cringe to do this but working so hard at getting motivation. I get motivated than lose it. I work out but then stop and then start again. I've been lately going up a few pds than down a few pounds again sorta floating. I REALLY need to lose the weight and at least get below 140 as I have a weigh-in in two months :o The main problem I have is finding time to exercise which is hard with three kids, volunteering, working over 40 hours a week. Also I drink way too much wine every night. My major down fall is the wine because i notice when I cut back I lose a couple of pounds. I really am not a heavy eater or a big sweet eater anymore so will blame the wine and hitting 30.

1.] Controling portions of food, cutting back on wine consumption and gym at least 3x a week
2.] Today :)
3.]Weight stats:
168 / 168 / 125-130
4.] 5'4 (actually 5'3 and 3 quarters but I stretch ;) :p

Congrats to everyone. Losing weight is one of the hardest things I've ever done, but one of the most rewarding.

1. Plan - Weight Watchers (the only thing that works for me) plus at least 2 miles of walking per day, sometimes 5, and I have a couple exercise tapes for rainy days.

2. Start date - I started on March 19, 2002

3. Stats - I've NEVER told anyone my start weight before, but here goes....

start - 216
current - 173 - I get weighed tomorrow!
goal - 148 (this is WW goal weight to be a Lifetime Member - I don't know if I can get down this low)

4. Height - 5'6"

I wore a bathing suit this summer for the first time in 10 years. I also went hiking and biking and was able to KEEP UP!

I have bought all new clothes - went from a size 20/22 to a 12/14!!!!

Unfortunately, I can feel myself getting very comfortable with my current weight. People are now saying I look good and shouldn't lose much more.

I need some motivation to keep going!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter