Insentive selections of rooms ?'s.

Minybear

BCV/VGC Owner
Looks like we will be buying into the BCV's and purchasing 214pts this next Saturday due to my guide is away on a cruise and plus I am waiting for my tax refunds to get here. I have a question regarding the 7nts free stay I will be getting. These are all standard rooms right (except GF :(). I was wondering if they have AKL savanna deluxe as one of their selections or is it reg AKL savanna view?

Gail, it's one of the incentive options for purchasing at BCV.

I can't answer your question, but just wanted to say hi to a fellow Tucsonan! Not many of us out there, especially DVC owners!

AZKathy
WOW I have not heard from you in a long time. I am glad your still here. I felt like the only AZ doing DVC or even WDW. Now just to put my downpayment down next saturday and then get those papers in and sign them and off they go to be approved. Then the new journey is only just beginning.

Still hanging around! Congratulations on the purchase into DVC! You will just love it! There certainly are not many of us around who head east for a visit to Disney....most drive to Anaheim!!! Everyone asks, "Why not just go to Disneyland???? What is so special about WDW????" They just don't know, do they? See ya around!!!!!

Actually Minybear, my understanding was that all the free rooms were standard view rooms. At AKL there is a room catagory called Standard view. You would not be able to see the Savannah from there. I also understood that you could not upgrade these rooms. This is one of the reasons I did not take this option. You should probably double check with a guide at DVC, I would just call the 1 800 # and ask the question since your guide is not available.

We bought 100 points at BCV today over the phone. I asked about the location of the AKL rooms. Our guide told us they are only standard rooms, no savannah rooms. I asked about an upgrade and she said that they couldn't guarantee an upgrade to savannah room. We took the $5 per point.

Thanks everyone. Do we have Conpt Tower as a selection? That definately has a view.

We already have resv's for 5nts at the Poly std room and a 4nt cruise. I want the free nights due to the trip already planned. Plus most of the time you are not in your room anyway.

I don't beleive January is an available use month at any of the DVC resorts. The months of Jan, May, July, and Nov are not used at all.

214 points with a discount of $5 per point - that is over $1000. Wouldn't you make out better if you took the discount and used it to pay for the rooms?

bjcgl

If you divide the $1000 by 7nts you get $143 per night for a standard deluxe or a moderate room. We are already going in January and we were thinking about staying for 7nts in a std rm and 4nts cruise. If I booked this for a reg std room in a deluxe we would be paying more then $143 pn for a std room. I will take the free nights. I will be spending more then this anyway for a reg std deluxe room for 7nts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!