Insect Repellent

NooNoo

Earning My Ears
Hi All

Just wondering which one everyone uses?
I just get whatever I see in Boots but have been bitten the last few times I have been to WDW.
Is there one that you can recommend?

Thanks all!

I used to get bitten pretty badly until someone recommended any repellent that has DEET in it. I've tried a few different brands and they've all been good.

We user Cuter Skinsations. Worked well but we needed to do a second application after sweating all day and wet rides. We also used the OFF brand in the aerosol can, when we ran out of cutter. The thing I liked about the cutter skinsations versus the OFF brand was the Cutter smelled way better than the typical bug repellent and we noticed that the off brand "ate" or caused a lot of bleeding of color from the disney bags that we were carrying on our hands and legs. Didn't notice it with the Cutter, but honestly can't remember if we were carrying any bags when we did use the Cutter brand.

The higher DEET the better... I had awful issues with being eaten alive two years running a few years back, the pharmacist in Walgreens recommended just to look for the highest DEET amount and I never got bit again.

Jungle formula has worked for me! Can get it in most places but I buy from Costco when they have it in stock. It’s about £12 for 2 aerosol cans, one roll on style and one after bite (which always makes me laugh why they are outing after bite in with actual bug spray-shouldn’t need it!!) and I haven’t used my afterbite... yet!
Depending on when you go depends on how many bugs there are around. I have found the closer you are to water areas at dusk-the more likely you are to be bitten. I realise florida is a lot of water areas! Also, if staying on property I also find that Disney does as well as can be to control for bugs. Going off property if where we have been bitten more!

Happy travels!

I’ve heard people swear by Avon’s Skin So Softly. I bought some for a holiday on Skye but there weren’t any midgies around so didn’t use it. It’s got citronella which is a natural insect repellent. It’s cheap and you do get a decent sized bottle.

Deep woods off is great. I live in southern U.S. that is what I use when I’m in the woods in summer time.

Another Avon Skin So Soft fan here! It’s far better for your skin and fabrics too. You can also buy it in walking/outdoor shops now too. It doesn’t scare the insects away as much as the smell of deet does but I’ve never been bitten while using it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!