Insane savings on EP when staying at Royal Pacific (Math included!)

I had two one-night stays at premier hotels booked at the regular rate. Then my TA called and had them switched to the AP rate. They didn't refund me the difference then. They said that they'll do that at checkout once they have the final bill. My friend called herself and got the same answer.

OK, so I just rebooked my trip again, since I was able to get the Despicable Me kids suites at Portofino using Chase UR points, at a rate of 1.5 cents per point which is standard when using their portal. We have so many points to burn after not going anywhere for almost two years. I really wanted one of the kids suites both to delight the kids and for the extra space, and since it's our first UO trip as a family I don't really care which resort, so long as we get the free EP and early hour. Still thinking of buying an AP for myself, or maybe just using our AAA discount for passes. AAA would save us $100 for my family, which isn't too bad!

Last edited:
Hi, I have a little question as I'm researching a November 1st UO trip right now. I'm planning on Royal Pacific, two adults, standard room. Was going to get us seasonal passes, but would that be enough to get an AP rate on the hotel when it drops or do I need a preferred/premiere pass instead?

Hi, I have a little question as I'm researching a November 1st UO trip right now. I'm planning on Royal Pacific, two adults, standard room. Was going to get us seasonal passes, but would that be enough to get an AP rate on the hotel when it drops or do I need a preferred/premiere pass instead?

Seasonal pass will work.

It would. But there is no guarantee of AP rates on any given day. So, when you reserve a Premier hoping to get AP rates when they are released, mentally prepare yourself for not getting them. Plus, being prepared to pay a large amount makes the smaller amount so much sweeter.

It would. But there is no guarantee of AP rates on any given day. So, when you reserve a Premier hoping to get AP rates when they are released, mentally prepare yourself for not getting them. Plus, being prepared to pay a large amount makes the smaller amount so much sweeter.

Oh no worries! I'm a Disney vet now so I know how this goes (not being able to snag the discount). We were going to do the seasonal AP anyways so this is me learning about a 'potential' further benefit but not paying anything additional. If it happens it will be nice! If it doesn't then I still have a fun time with the spousal unit. :lovestruc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter