Information on Memorial Service for Bob as well as May 4th Live Audience Podcast

This is extremely sad news. Bob... Rest in Peace.

Our family also wants to send our condolences to Diana and all of Bob’s family.

Sincerely,

The Mullen Family in WI & MO

Thanks John for the info. Kelly and I will certainly be in attendance. Our love and prayers go out to Diana and family. The DIS family will rise to the occasion and help see the Varley and Podcast family through this tough time.

Jon

Susan and I are stuck up in Michigan right now, so there's no way we can get down for the weekend, which is totally frustrating for us at the moment. We seem to keep ending up in the wrong state at the wrong time this month :(

However, our thoughts will be with Diana and her family - and all our DIS friends - throughout the weekend and we sincerely hope this memorial occasion goes well for all concerned. It still seems unreal to contemplate the DIS and the Podcasts without Bob, or Wilderness as some people still remember him. He was a wonderful figure to have in our 'community' and hopefully the people he leaves behind will draw some comfort from the great affection we had for him. :grouphug:

John,

Is there anyway that this could be recorded and put up as a podcast?

I'm sure most of us want to be there for Bawb and the family but its not possible. Its one way for us to be there and given that we know Bawb from the Internet, its fitting.

Take Care.
We knew him from the internet, but Bob's friends and family knew him much more intimately. I think it might be a little inappropriate to post such a gathering on the internet. However, I do think it is a wonderful and generous thing to invite those who can from this internet community to gather with Bob's friends and family to honor him.

I understand your desire to be a part of it (and I so wish I could be there, too), but I think recording and posting it might be going a little too far.

We knew him from the internet, but Bob's friends and family knew him much more intimately. I think it might be a little inappropriate to post such a gathering on the internet. However, I do think it is a wonderful and generous thing to invite those who can from this internet community to gather with Bob's friends and family to honor him.

I understand your desire to be a part of it (and I so wish I could be there, too), but I think recording and posting it might be going a little too far.
Well said :thumbsup2
I also wish I could be there - I'll be there in spirit and will certainly be thinking of Bawb, his family, and his friends who will be celebrating his life this weekend. I've got you all in my prayers.

I agree completely. I don't even see how it could possibly be recorded.:confused3

I think it is amazing that you guys are still putting on a meet and greet and that you all understand our sympathy.

I wish I could be there.:grouphug:

I am in shock right now. Bob was my favorite podcast host, I loved he sounded like me, loved I could listen to a Bostonian on a WDW postcast:goodvibes I loved hearing his adventures.
I am truly saddened and stunned....My heart goes out to Diana and his family and to all of you, you were part of his family indeed.
:grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:

I am a fairly new Podcast listener, DH and I listen to the shows while we work from home on Tuesdays. Bawb quickly became a favorite of ours. He never failed to make us laugh and smile.

Hugs to his friends and family, you will be in my prayers.

Hmm. I'm not sure I agree with ya, Mindy. It's not like this is a formal 'wake'. It was scheduled to be a podcast show then changed to a meet and greet that'll kinda morph into a Bawb memorial. I'm not saying it should be broadcast via the internet but I don't think it would be in poor taste to do so. Maybe post pics taken from those assembled would be easier. No, the more I think about it, the more I think it would be a nice way for those who can't attend to be able to participate, or at least, feel like they were there. Then again, I know how the podcast team likes to remain incognito and probably wouldn't want pics of themselves posted here. Anyway, I'm just sayin'.....

Hmm. I'm not sure I agree with ya, Mindy. It's not like this is a formal 'wake'. It was scheduled to be a podcast show then changed to a meet and greet that'll kinda morph into a Bawb memorial. I'm not saying it should be broadcast via the internet but I don't think it would be in poor taste to do so. Maybe post pics taken from those assembled would be easier. No, the more I think about it, the more I think it would be a nice way for those who can't attend to be able to participate, or at least, feel like they were there. Then again, I know how the podcast team likes to remain incognito and probably wouldn't want pics of themselves posted here. Anyway, I'm just sayin'.....

I know the Podcast Crew realizes we are all mourning with them and are sad that so many of us can't be there to celebrate Bob's life...if they can find an appropriate way to share any part of the memorial service or Meet 'N' Greet, I'm sure they will not hesitate to do so. So I'll leave it in their capable hands. (Perhaps a copy of any notable eulogies can be viewed thru a link on the DIS Unplugged main page...that type of thing.) However it turns out, I will be there in spirit since I can't be there in person. :hug:

I have to agree with Mindy. This is sure to be an emotionally charged gathering and should remain private to those who attend.

I have to agree with Mindy. This is sure to be an emotionally charged gathering and should remain private to those who attend.

When they are ready......they know we miss him also.

They do something for Bawb and I just know it will be perfect, full of props, dole whips and a lucky cat.

I can't imagine how hard it will be for them to try and do another show, I listened to some old ones last night and I just can't imagine it without Bawb? Just like I can't picture no more Kahrt Kam?

I understand what you're saying, but there are people that will be attending...friends and family, for instance...that really haven't agreed to become public figures previous to this sad event, and I don't think it's really the time to make them so. Podcasts are very public. When the event was strictly a podcast event, the participants were all fans and podcasters. That no longer is the case.

The reason I think it's inappropriate is the same reason I think the paparazzi is inappropriate. Some things shouldn't be put out there in cyberspace, because there's always the chance that some people will view it for entertainment's sake alone. I think that would be a terrible shame.

I understand what you're saying, but there are people that will be attending...friends and family, for instance...that really haven't agreed to become public figures previous to this sad event, and I don't think it's really the time to make them so. Podcasts are very public. When the event was strictly a podcast event, the participants were all fans and podcasters. That no longer is the case.

The reason I think it's inappropriate is the same reason I think the paparazzi is inappropriate. Some things shouldn't be put out there in cyberspace, because there's always the chance that some people will view it for entertainment's sake alone. I think that would be a terrible shame.

Very well put, Mindy. I agree completely.

Like I said previously, how can anyone really expect it to be recorded?

John said it would be like a "meet and greet" not like a funeral where people will stand up and give eulogies.

So I just think logistically it wouldn't even be possible.

I agree with Mindy and I think that it should be an event reserved for the attendees.

John said it would be like a "meet and greet" not like a funeral where people will stand up and give eulogies.

I agree with Mindy and I think that it should be an event reserved for the attendees.

Agree.

I agree that recording or broadcast of the event on any kind of wholesale nature is both technically challenging, and not appropriate anyway.

On the other hand, if attendees were to take pictures of any of the props that people bring (you know there's gonna be some empty dole whip cups there), or of those who don't mind having their picture taken, I don't see anything wrong with something like that.

Any idea if Kaht Kam will be there? While it's possibly the single most obvious iconic representation of Bawb, I'm also wondering if it would simply be too sad.

I just really want to go....

I will be thinking of you guys all weekend.....Really why is gas and air fare so high right now?!

i was out of internet service this week and just now am learning of this very sad news. I am heartbroken.

i want to pass along my thoughts and prayers for his friends and family. If it brings you any comfort, please know that we, his internet fans, loved him and will miss him greatly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter