Info about HM re-opening?

bayareadisneyland

Mouseketeer
I just got off the phone w/ Costco travel and they said the HM is off of the refurb schedule as of May 1. Do you think that is accurate?

I"m thinking of a trip Tues, April 28th- Sat, May 2nd. Was only going to do parks 4 days (was thinking Tues - Friday and leaving Sat morning), but now I'm wondering if I should go to parks Sat too to get another day of HM in if this date is accurate.

Does anyone know anything?

Touring Plans has the reopen date as May 12; at one point this date was on their refurb page and while they've changed it to "Spring 2020", you still can't add it to a Touring Plan on their site until May 12. Various blogs have guessed a shorter window but Costco would only know that if they had been told that by Disney.

But with Disney, refurbishment schedules should always be taken with a grain of salt.

It will have been down for 5 full weeks when we are there, our 1 daughter has always been very lucky, I told her to think really hard about it being back up by then! Lol hard to imagine them closing it for several months just to repair damage? That sounds like the kind of refurb they do to change the ride etc. It is such an iconic part of Disneyland, on every persons bucket list. I am counting on them just being cautious with their estimate!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter