Influx of Aulani contracts or is it just me?

For existing DVC Owners, AUL 300pt contract is $201-68=$133 per point and if you get Dec Use Year, you will have 2020 (get banking exception), 1month dues on 2021, so double (almost) free points, so if you value your points at $15-20, that's a final of $93-103 direct. That looks like a HOT deal to me. Thoughts?

For existing DVC Owners, AUL 300pt contract is $201-68=$133 per point and if you get Dec Use Year, you will have 2020 (get banking exception), 1month dues on 2021, so double (almost) free points, so if you value your points at $15-20, that's a final of $93-103 direct. That looks like a HOT deal to me. Thoughts?
Yeah, its a good deal if you want to spring for 300 points.

1month dues on 2021, so double (almost) free points, so if you value your points at $15-20, that's a final of $93-103 direct. That looks like a HOT deal to me. Thoughts?

Exit strategy. I feel a lot more comfortable planning to be selling SSR in five years, heck and using SSR points in ten years. Maybe your crystal ball is different than mine?

Direct Aulani is a fall back for us right now. I expect 2 contracts to be taken by Disney (one taken already). If they come out with a small discount for black Friday on top of current deals I am pretty sure we will be buying a 300 plus point contract. at AUL if I can't get through a contract elsewhere before the Direct contract sale ends

Last edited:
Direct Aulani is a fall back for us right now. I expect 2 contracts to be taken by Disney (one taken already). If they come out with a small discount for black Friday on top of current deals I am pretty sure we will be buying a 300 plus point contract. at AUL if I can't get through a contract elsewhere before the Direct contract sale ends
I see you've got some add-on-itis!

I see you've got some add-on-itis!

I have managed to avoid it mostly because of all the cuts they have made. My wife on the other hand just "feels" like she wants more points anyways. If I went for feelings, yup, I love walking, taking a boat, etc. to the parks instead of staying offsite, but the logical side of me would win and would stay offsite at WDW because the value isn't there anymore with all the cuts. I love the disney service, when..... it actually happens. It's definitely worth something more but logically I would keep the money right about now but logically I know wife being happy is worth a lot more vs wife being unhappy is worth. EDIT: with a family of 6, all disney obsessed, 1 soon to be special needs adult, we likely will use it long term but also who knows.

I have managed to avoid it mostly because of all the cuts they have made. My wife on the other hand just "feels" like she wants more points anyways. If I went for feelings, yup, I love walking, taking a boat, etc. to the parks instead of staying offsite, but the logical side of me would win and would stay offsite at WDW because the value isn't there anymore with all the cuts. I love the disney service, when..... it actually happens. It's definitely worth something more but logically I would keep the money right about now but logically I know wife being happy is worth a lot more vs wife being unhappy is worth. EDIT: with a family of 6, all disney obsessed, 1 soon to be special needs adult, we likely will use it long term but also who knows.
Makes sense to me! But I'm still jealous of your original Aulani contract!

Fair enough! But your price per point on that contract is legendary!
Just happy I went through with it. A bit of researching and a bit of luck works out for a good deal. I saw a post tonight about sake and poke at Aulani tonight for members only that made me wish we were trying out Aul sooner than 5 years from now.

If you go this route, consider paying extra closing costs to break this down into 3 x 100 or 2 x 150 point contracts. This will give you better exit options if needed in the future.

I believe the sales prices need to be that number in total; I do not believe they need to be in a single contract.

If you go this route, consider paying extra closing costs to break this down into 3 x 100 or 2 x 150 point contracts. This will give you better exit options if needed in the future.

I believe the sales prices need to be that number in total; I do not believe they need to be in a single contract.
Thanks for the suggestion, I had considered possibly even splitting it into 4x75 as we have 4 kids.

Chatted with a fellow owner that just got 350 direct Aulani, so we decided to go for it as well. Dec use year, kept it as 1 contract, $47K - $133 per point, double loaded points, just had member services bank the Dec 2020 points, the maint fee charge for the 2021 points is minimal, so that is why I say double loaded. No exit strategy, we are all in until 2062, adult kids are on the contract as well. Will use the points at Aulani or any DVC resort or rent them out, love that DVC is best of the best.

Chatted with a fellow owner that just got 350 direct Aulani, so we decided to go for it as well. Dec use year, kept it as 1 contract, $47K - $133 per point, double loaded points, just had member services bank the Dec 2020 points, the maint fee charge for the 2021 points is minimal, so that is why I say double loaded. No exit strategy, we are all in until 2062, adult kids are on the contract as well. Will use the points at Aulani or any DVC resort or rent them out, love that DVC is best of the best.

I did the same, 300 points but split into 3x 100 points. By my calculation the extra closing cost is around $4 per contract, but resale price will be around 10% higher according to brokers. I think of it as a free option.

I did the same, 300 points but split into 3x 100 points. By my calculation the extra closing cost is around $4 per contract, but resale price will be around 10% higher according to brokers. I think of it as a free option.
Good thinking. 300+ point contracts sell for lower ppp and can be quite difficult to sell.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter