Indoor Remote Control Helicopter

Zandy595

DIS Veteran<br><font color=green>The other day I f
Does anyone have one that works well? DS has two that he got several years ago that he could never figure out how to fly. Have they made them easier to fly now?

I see TRU has the AIR HOGS R/C Havoc Indoor Helicopter in their ad this week. ???

and it works fine. DS 7 took a bit learning it, but now does a great job tormenting our cat.

The only problem is the carpet. As soon as it hits the floor make him stop it. With pets and kids it always finds a piece of hair to get tangled up in, and that keeps it grounded until someone has the patience to pick it out.

I agree with the previous poster completely! The air hogg is totally fun, but a little tricky to learn initially. It does work. We have a brave cat who loves to jump and chase it. And yes, remove the pet and human hair that tangles around the propeller on the tail for optimum performance. :thumbsup2

I got one on Amazon.com called Wow Wee Bladestar today, only 19.99. Check out the reviews! We had the helicopter and found it was hard to control, this one looks cool. Watch the demo video
:thumbsup2

Just Do NOT buy the ones you may see at mall kiosks. They do not work. (No brand names.)

Our kids got these last year they were just things I picked up. Well they ended up being the kids favorite gift by far. My husband and family laughed because we got the kids some really good gifts I-Pod, Lionel train, gutiar. But they liked the rc the best

I'm looking for one that's really easy to fly right out of the box. DS got frustrated with the other ones because he'd get them a foot of the ground and they'd crash.

He saw one on HSN that was so small, the whole thing fit in the palm of your hand. He thought it was pretty cool, but it looked the the two men demonstrating them didn't even know how to work them.

Any RC copter you get is going to have a learning curve associated with it. Controlling any RC that flys is tricky. You really just have to keep working with it and not get fustrated. Eveyone is going to crash it several times before they learn how to fly it. That is just the way it is. The ones for kids are lots easier than the ones for serious hobbists, but you are learning a completly different way of thinking. They are controlled in 3 dimensions instead of only 2 like an RC car. It just takes some getting used to.

Hi, Looking for more replies?? My DS-15 has been asking for one of these.(of course it is after I have BOUGHT all his presents!!) But he did change his mind on one item on his list that I have already taken back. So I would like to get him one of these as a SURPRISE but not spend TOO much on it?? Any input is APPRECIATED!! Also do they fly into walls when you fly them indoors??(we just had walls painted!!) And can indoor ones be flown outdoors?? :santa: THANKS, Joan

We got one of these for DS last Christmas and he LOVED it! The only negative was the flying time - too short! Still, he loves to play with it, and we got the kids uncle one and he loves it as well! (Well, more accurately his DD loves it - LOL!).

Anyways, I'd say it's a fun toy for the under-$30 present range! We have a small havoc one...the tiniest look really cool too! The larger ones, not sure about. Good luck!

Edited to add: DS has smashed his into walls, ceilings, etc and it has yet to leave a mark! Not a guarantee, mind you, but we havne't noticed any issues with this. The only thing *I* personally fear is getting the thing tangled in someones hair! DS did that to me last week and it as not fun!

I bought one for my DH for Christmas this year;) I always buy him a toy each year. Hey, don't we all deserve a toy?

It's probably too late to help anyone with Christmas shopping, but...

DS's uncle gave him (for his bday last week) the Air Hogs Havoc Heli Laser Battle - Havoc vs. Yellow Stinger and they work great. Very easy to operate.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter