Individual Tourism returning September 7!!!

xiphoid76

DIS Veteran
Individual tourism to Japan returns on September 7th. Can not wait to return to this beautiful country. They will still require a visa which can be acquired electronically and as of now, you still need to arrange your trip with a travel agency. This can include just hotel and airfare. The rest of the trip is up to you. You can now travel alone and no longer need to be in a group tour. No more pre-trip Covid test is required if you are up to date on your vaccinations and the cap on tourists opens up to 50,000 people a day from 20,000. We have our flight booked and hotels and are staying planning on going back to Tokyo Disneyland and Sea in November. Tickets open up online 2 months before the date. This is so exciting!! Can not wait to be back to our favorite Disney parks!!

That is exciting news indeed! We have booked a RCCL cruise for next August leaving from Singapore and ending in Toyko so planning on doing Disneyland / Disney Seas after the cruise. I am just so lost in the planning of this trip as it is our first time visiting Asia (we live in Canada), but am happy things are opening up so I can begin researching.

Finding a travel agent is not as easy unless you want to spend a lot of money. They're increasing their prices every few days so what was $200 a week ago now costs $300 if they'll even take you. Travel agents that make the hotel and airfare bookings for you are also going to overcharge for that portion of it as well. International airfare to Japan is also higher than usual because airlines know that price is not the factor that leads to people not flying to Japan. Transpacific routes that were often around $700 in the past are now over $1000. Even with the strong dollar, a trip to TDR will likely cost close to $1000 more per person than pre-pandemic.

I would once have been excited by this but have completely turned off Japan with their xenophobic border policies. It's obvious tourists are neither wanted or welcome.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter