Individual Attraction Selections (IAS) & Official Walt Disney World Hotels

Katie Dawn

DIS Veteran
Can anyone tell me if the Official Walt Disney World Hotels in the Disney Springs area will be able to book Individual Attraction Selections at 7am along with Disney-owned hotels (Disney Resort hotels, Swan & Dolphin, & Shades of Green). I'm having a hard time finding a list of who is and isn't included.

Can't find anything specific on Disney's site or wdwinfo (website run by the same folks that own disboards). All Ears says it's only Disney-owned hotels (what I listed in the paragraph above) but the OWDWH's are frequently included in these perks so I'd like some other confirmation.

Not sure what Official Walt Disney World Hotel means? These are hotels not owned by Disney but are on Disney property in the Disney Springs area.

Official WALT DISNEY WORLD hotels/Disney Springs Resort Area hotels include:
B Resort & Spa
Best Western Lake Buena Vista Resort
DoubleTree Guest Suites by Hilton Orlando
Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista Palace
Hilton Orlando Resort Lake Buena Vista
Holiday Inn Orlando
Wyndham Garden Lake Buena Vista

This is a different hotel designation from the Good Neighbor Hotels.

The OWDWHs will be able to utilize the Early Park Entry when that starts up soon. Pre-COVID they were able to make FP+ selections at the 60 day mark rather than waiting until the 30 day mark like other hotels not owned by Disney. So I'm crossing my fingers these hotels will be able to make IAS at 7am along with Disney-owned hotels, but I can't find anything official either way from anywhere except All Ears (& Dis Food Blog which is think is All Ear's sister company).

I'd like to tag hiromyhero and HopperFan since they're familiar with the language I'm using here but I can't tag members at the moment for some reason.

Any help would be appreciated!

Last edited:
Can anyone tell me if the Official Walt Disney World Hotels in the Disney Springs area will be able to book Individual Attraction Selections at 7am along with along with Disney-owned hotels (Disney Resort hotels, Swan & Dolphin, & Shades of Green). I'm having a hard time finding a list of who is and isn't included.

Can't find anything specific on Disney's site or wdwinfo (website run by the same folks that own disboards). All Ears says it's only Disney-owned hotels (what I listed in the paragraph above) but the OWDWH's are frequently included in these perks so I'd like some other confirmation.

Not sure what Official Walt Disney World Hotel means? They are hotels not owned by Disney but are in the Disney Springs area.

Official WALT DISNEY WORLD hotels/Disney Springs Resort Area hotels include:
B Resort & Spa
Best Western Lake Buena Vista Resort
DoubleTree Guest Suites by Hilton Orlando
Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista Palace
Hilton Orlando Resort Lake Buena Vista
Holiday Inn Orlando
Wyndham Garden Lake Buena Vista

This is a different hotel designation from Good Neighbor Hotels.

The OWDWHs will be able to utilize the Early Park Entry when that starts up soon. PRE-COVID they were able to make FP+ selections at the 60 day mark rather than waiting until the 30 day group. So I'm crossing my fingers these hotels will be able to make IAS at 7am along with Disney-owned hotels, but I can't find anything official either way from anywhere except All Ears (& Dis Food Blog which is think is All Ear's sister company).

I'd like to tag hiromyhero and HopperFan since they're familiar with the language I'm using here but I can't tag members at the moment for some reason.

Any help would be appreciated!

EXCELLENT question that I have yet to see anything about but I'm digging. Honestly I'm not even sure that Swan & Dolphin, & Shades of Green are included. This very well could be a very limited perk to keep Disney hotels full.

There is VERY LITTLE that is official from Disney, lots of projecting, on this so I think we all just have to see how it plays out. I think the news that you can purchase Genie+ as early as midnight the day you are going may have been a change when they realized the crush their IT was going to get when they said you had to be in the park.

Will let you know if I find anything. :thumbsup2

EXCELLENT question that I have yet to see anything about but I'm digging. Honestly I'm not even sure that Swan & Dolphin, & Shades of Green are included. This very well could be a very limited perk to keep Disney hotels full.

There is VERY LITTLE that is official from Disney, lots of projecting, on this so I think we all just have to see how it plays out. I think the news that you can purchase Genie+ as early as midnight the day you are going may have been a change when they realized the crush their IT was going to get when they said you had to be in the park.

Will let you know if I find anything. :thumbsup2

Thanks so much! I was figuring we'd have to wait and find out but when the source I quoted earlier gave a specific list I thought the info might be out there. But who knows!

We're scheduled for DoubleTree this December so fingers crossed.

I just watched the YouTube video again by the VP of Digital Experience he said for ISA times - park opening for all guests, 7 am for "Disney World Resort Hotels" which to me is only Disney owned. Again we'll have to see how it plays since I think they will constantly fine tune it.

He said ALL Guests can book first Genie+ at 7 am.

IT is gonna be crying come 7 am everyday.

I just watched the YouTube video again by the VP of Digital Experience he said for ISA times - park opening for all guests, 7 am for "Disney World Resort Hotels" which to me is only Disney owned. Again we'll have to see how it plays since I think they will constantly fine tune it.

He said ALL Guests can book first Genie+ at 7 am.

IT is gonna be crying come 7 am everyday.

Well dang. It does seem like when OWDWHs are included they say "& other select hotels" so that wording isn't encouraging. But like you said we'll just have to see what information comes out over time.

Yes, Boarding Passes and Lighting Lane/Genie+ happens right at 7am, plus ISA for whoever qualifies. It's an awful lot to handle for a platform that has a reputation of not handling high traffic levels. :( Maybe they'll backtrack on that.

And then there's us, who will have to decide which option (Boarding Passes, Lightning Lane, possibly ISA) to try for first, knowing the availability on the other options is narrowing every second. Ahhh... Sounds like a relaxing vacation to me! (haha!)

Thank you so much for digging a bit. I appreciate it!

Well dang. It does seem like when OWDWHs are included they say "& other select hotels" so that wording isn't encouraging. But like you said we'll just have to see what information comes out over time.

Yes, Boarding Passes and Lighting Lane/Genie+ happens right at 7am, plus ISA for whoever qualifies. It's an awful lot to handle for a platform that has a reputation of not handling high traffic levels. :( Maybe they'll backtrack on that.

And then there's us, who will have to decide which option (Boarding Passes, Lightning Lane, possibly ISA) to try for first, knowing the availability on the other options is narrowing every second. Ahhh... Sounds like a relaxing vacation to me! (haha!)

Thank you so much for digging a bit. I appreciate it!

I'm just glad we can add the Genie+ after midnight so we know it is on our phone and ready to go by 7 am.

The hotel thing is confusing in good times, add that COVID has halted so many perks for other hotels and given other changes (like S&D don't get Disney buses anymore). I think closer that Disney will release lots of specifics on who gets what and how .... I think they are absorbing all the "discussions" that are coming their way.

Hi, WDW vetera, haven’t been in 10 years….

I wasn’t aware of non Disney owned hotels that could use early entry and other on site perks…

what are OWDWH ?

Hi, WDW vetera, haven’t been in 10 years….

I wasn’t aware of non Disney owned hotels that could use early entry and other on site perks…

what are OWDWH ?

Hi Lee! OWDWH is just a shortened version of
"Official WALT DISNEY WORLD hotels".

They are privately owned hotels that are on Disney World property in the Disney Springs area.
Here's the hotel list:
*B Resort & Spa
*Best Western Lake Buena Vista Resort
*DoubleTree Guest Suites by Hilton Orlando
*Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista Palace
*Hilton Orlando Resort Lake Buena Vista
*Holiday Inn Orlando
*Wyndham Garden Lake Buena Vista

From Disney, a list who which hotels will be able to participate in Early Theme Park Entry.
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/guest-services/early-entry/
Pre-COVID, these same hotels were able to book FP+ at 60 days out (rather than 30 days out for most non-Disney hotels).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter