Indianapolis Disney Meet Sat, Sept 6th - 7th Annual - All Welcome!

After speaking with Teresa this weekend when she stopped by for the night on her trip... I have decided to rearrange my work schedule and I will see you all there :)
Sounds awesome ! Glad you are making the trip.

Hi Everyone - Just a quick update. We continue to make plans and discuss details about our meet coming up on Saturday, September, 6th.

Of note:

This year we will be accepting credit card payments for silent auction items and additional raffle tickets. Our event is free to attend (bring a food item to share), but if you wish to bid on silent auction items or buy additional raffle tickets for our fabulous prizes we will accept all major credit cards, checks, or cash.

One of our local radio stations WIBC will be onsite promoting our event and giving away small prizes to families and children. My understanding is Terri Stacy (station personality) will be onsite to help support the event in the community.

As usual we'll be giving away over $500 in Disney gift cards. The more raffle tickets you purchase the better your chances of walking away with a great prize. Everyone who attends the meet will get 1 free ticket at the door.

The live DIS Unplugged podcast recording will take place towards the end of the meet; around 5:00PM. this time seemed to work very well last year and why change a good thing. :)

We hope to see you on Saturday, September 6th from 1 - 7PM.

I hope this off-topic post isn't too offensive but I figured this was the easiest place to find a bunch of local die hard Disney fans. Is anyone such a fan that they would be interested in a free copy of the unofficial guide from 1994? I didn't think it was worth shipping anywhere, but before we toss it I thought I'd see if anyone is interested in seeing how different things were 20 years ago.

I hope this off-topic post isn't too offensive but I figured this was the easiest place to find a bunch of local die hard Disney fans. Is anyone such a fan that they would be interested in a free copy of the unofficial guide from 1994? I didn't think it was worth shipping anywhere, but before we toss it I thought I'd see if anyone is interested in seeing how different things were 20 years ago.

Currently building up my Disney library. I'd be interested in checking it out

Hi Everyone - Just a quick update. We continue to make plans and discuss details about our meet coming up on Saturday, September, 6th.

Of note:

This year we will be accepting credit card payments for silent auction items and additional raffle tickets. Our event is free to attend (bring a food item to share), but if you wish to bid on silent auction items or buy additional raffle tickets for our fabulous prizes we will accept all major credit cards, checks, or cash.

One of our local radio stations WIBC will be onsite promoting our event and giving away small prizes to families and children. My understanding is Terri Stacy (station personality) will be onsite to help support the event in the community.

As usual we'll be giving away over $500 in Disney gift cards. The more raffle tickets you purchase the better your chances of walking away with a great prize. Everyone who attends the meet will get 1 free ticket at the door.

The live DIS Unplugged podcast recording will take place towards the end of the meet; around 5:00PM. this time seemed to work very well last year and why change a good thing. :)

We hope to see you on Saturday, September 6th from 1 - 7PM.

New to the forums and never been to a DIS Meet, but I've seen podcasts and read a few threads on them and they look like so much fun! I am getting back from WDW earlier that week; call me crazy but this is something I would love to check out. I might have to drive in that morning and drive out that night, but perhaps put me on the "probably" list?

Is there food / drink that you feel the meet needs more of? I can't cook to save my life, but I could pick up chips and dip or something. Let me know! Thanks so much for putting all of this together!

Hi Everyone! Would really like to come down to Indy for the meet. I just don't know if my husband and I can make it that weekend. Lot's of issues with trying to figure out if our car can make the drive (from suburbs of Chicago) or if we can fly for really cheap. When would be the last day that we could decide, is there a cutoff date?:scratchin

Hi Everyone! Would really like to come down to Indy for the meet. I just don't know if my husband and I can make it that weekend. Lot's of issues with trying to figure out if our car can make the drive (from suburbs of Chicago) or if we can fly for really cheap. When would be the last day that we could decide, is there a cutoff date?:scratchin

Megabus or the train would be cheaper options, but I'm not sure then what the. Best way to get to noblesville is from there.

I must be crazy for trying to go to this meet, just days after driving back from WDW, but yes. I do plan on attending :)
One can never have enough Disney.

No cut off date at all. The meet is free to attend. Just bring a food item to share. You can come the last minute. We hope to see you there.

Megabus or the train would be cheaper options, but I'm not sure then what the. Best way to get to noblesville is from there.
Mass transit in Indy is not the best. There is a bus line, but I have very little experience with it. It's called Indy Go. Here is the website. http://www.indygo.net
The other option is a taxi, but the cab fare from downtown Indy to Noblesville could be expensive.

Does Indygo go to Noblesville? I haven't seen it that far north.

Hi Everyone !
Just a reminder that our meet is a free event. Everyone who comes to the the meet will receive 1 free raffle ticket at the door. You can purchase additional raffle tickets for $1 or 6 for $5.

DO YOU WANT TO EARN A BucAnEar ?
Wear any set of mouse ears to the meet and receive 2 extra raffle tickets at the door. That's a BucAnEar ! You must have them on your head when you arrive.

We hope to see you on Saturday, September 6th for the 7th annual Indianapolis Disney Meet benefiting Give Kids the World.

Does Indygo go to Noblesville? I haven't seen it that far north.

No, generally it doesn't leave Indianapolis, except for some commuter shuttles on a very limited basis during the week, and those also don't go to Noblesville. I can't find any good public transportation to recommend. I think limo, taxi, or a good Samaritan coming from the southside would be the best bets.

OK, so I have been to at least 4 of these. Slow old-man-brain is keeping me from remembering exactly how many.

Unfortunately this year a personal issue may keep me from this year's event. But I did want to speak to those who have never been, and are not sure if they should go. Let me tell you about five of the reasons why I would stay away from this event;

1. I have a hard time staying away from the dole whip machine (not on my diet)
2. I also have to steer myself away from the pitch-in buffet of amazing food (again, Doug needs to shed more than a few pounds!)
3. Texting my wife for permission to bid on several of the fun, rare, and Disney-riffic auction prizes typically ended badly.
4. Winning prizes in the raffle usually elicits a girlish cry of glee from me that hardly befits my advanced age and alleged maturity.
5. Telling my two girls that we have to leave results in a drive home that would not qualify as "family-friendly". They have too much fun, and I am the 'meanie' or 'poopie-head' who ruins their fun.

But of course if having good food, good fun, and making more Disney friends is up your alley, I guess you could go!

:scratchin

Doug

I just got the okay from work I can go. I coming all the way from Owensboro,KY 3 hours 45 minutes south of you. I am 1 adult but I could act like a good well behaved kid.:wave2:

OK, so I have been to at least 4 of these. Slow old-man-brain is keeping me from remembering exactly how many.

Unfortunately this year a personal issue may keep me from this year's event. But I did want to speak to those who have never been, and are not sure if they should go. Let me tell you about five of the reasons why I would stay away from this event;

1. I have a hard time staying away from the dole whip machine (not on my diet)
2. I also have to steer myself away from the pitch-in buffet of amazing food (again, Doug needs to shed more than a few pounds!)
3. Texting my wife for permission to bid on several of the fun, rare, and Disney-riffic auction prizes typically ended badly.
4. Winning prizes in the raffle usually elicits a girlish cry of glee from me that hardly befits my advanced age and alleged maturity.
5. Telling my two girls that we have to leave results in a drive home that would not qualify as "family-friendly". They have too much fun, and I am the 'meanie' or 'poopie-head' who ruins their fun.

But of course if having good food, good fun, and making more Disney friends is up your alley, I guess you could go!

:scratchin

Doug
Excellent Doug ! Hope you can make it.

I just got the okay from work I can go. I coming all the way from Owensboro,KY 3 hours 45 minutes south of you. I am 1 adult but I could act like a good well behaved kid.:wave2:
Wow ! Long way to come and i really hope you feel it's worth it after the meet is over.

We are planning on attending again this year, 2 of us!
Excellent ! See you there.

I am in the same boat! It's a 4+ hour drive from St. Louis; going solo too! I've thought about going to other DisMeets but they are usually on Sundays (I work) or on weekends I can't make happen. Maybe I should start up a St. Louis meet... ;)

For all of the first timers out there... Much like you all, I had some hesitancy in deciding to come to the meet, mostly because I was fearing some sort of social rejection and because I am socially awkward... okay more of just a goofball but still Im terrible at small talk. Sheesh I'm sounding overly dramatic! :laughing:

Then I realized that we are all, on some level, Disney-crazed fans and, that of all the groups and cliques out there, this Disney group is primarily based on warm-hearted, friendly, loving and supportive people (just look at the boards on this site or why we are "meeting" in the first place). Heck, one of the major points of the DisMeet is to meet people who share your Disney enthusiasm (wait, that it is one of the point's right?), why hesitate to join in the fun?

With this in mind, who in our group is going to make fun of you, reject your passion, or bring down your morale? I am sure that you won't find that at a DisMeet or with true Disney-geeks. It might be a little awkward at first, but if you're a first timer and have any hesitancy, let's put it behind us and have some fun and raise a few bucks yeah? I will be wearing a bright green sign around my neck (something along the lines of "First timer? Me too! Come and say HI!") so that us first timers can look out for one another. Everyone should come out! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter