Incredicoaster

jonahjcohn

Earning My Ears
How scary is  incredicoaster ? I can handle splash Mountain and space just fine, speed should be fine (I have a heavy right foot ), just worried about the loop, never been on an upside down roller coaster but I've heard it's not that bad

Incredicoaster is more intense than Space Mountain. It's faster and has more of the up/down roller coaster feeling. Space Mountain has more banked turns.

The only way I can think of to explain the loop is that you feel heavy as if being pushed into the seat. That feeling is strongest at the beginning and end of the loop and feels kind of like an airplane takeoff. There's also a few drops on Incredicoaster that feel like the drop in Splash Mountain which in my opinion are "scarier" than the loop even though loops can look scarier from the outside.

Incredicoaster is more intense than Space Mountain.
Agreed! My husband, who is scared of roller coasters and thrill rides in general, finally warmed up to Space Mountain this trip. We decided to try Incredicoaster and he said it was a mistake.

The Incredicoaster has sudden acceleration in the beginning that shoots you out at a high speed, as opposed to a more traditional roller coaster where you are slowly pulled up a steep slope to get that initial momentum. There are two notable drops where you will feel your stomach "drop" for an extended period of time. Inversions generally just feel like you get pushed back into the seat, and he didn't find the single loop bad at all. But the ride also feels super long so, if you aren't having a good time, you're stuck suffering through it for what feels like forever.

I love roller coasters and Incredicoaster got my heart pumping with way more adrenaline than Big Thunder or Space Mountain.

My 7 yo was terrified. I told him to sit back, but he was leaning forward during the loop. It put a lot of pressure on his neck.

He looked scared on hyperspace too, but says it was fun and immediately went 2 more times.

I love the Incredicoaster. I find it smooth whereas Space Mountain and Matterhorn bash me around too much. (hurt my back on the MH) but Incredicoaster you are very secure but I do close my eyes in the upside down loop :)

I love the Incredicoaster. I find it smooth whereas Space Mountain and Matterhorn bash me around too much.
Only if I push my head against the headrest -- if it's not pushed firmly back, Incredicoaster really jostles my neck in a very uncomfortable way. I like the ride, but my sister -- who likes most rollercoasters -- doesn't really like it very much (mostly because of the loop).

I find it smoother but more intense. I don’t particularly like space mountain or the Matterhorn.

Personally my favorite roller coaster is Hagrid’s at Universal, followed by Slinky at HS. I’m kind of a wimp though.

I love the Incredicoaster. I find it smooth whereas Space Mountain and Matterhorn bash me around too much. (hurt my back on the MH) but Incredicoaster you are very secure but I do close my eyes in the upside down loop :)
100% agree, pretty much given up on Space & Matterhorn until they put Chiropractors at the exit! I can ride Screamin'/Increadi without the pain after.

I rode Incredicoaster with my 9 year old last summer. It's not my favorite but I could do it again. It just felt very fast and I barely processed that we went through the loop so that part wasn't scary. The loop is very small compared to the one's I did in my youth. My kid thought it was "epic" but also said he never wants to ride again.

I cannot push my head back against the headrest on Incredicoaster. It is super uncomfortable for me and it gives me a headache. I will have it against the headrest during the initial launch, but immediately pull away about an inch or two as soon as the train is moving. Otherwise, my head gets banged around on the sides by the shoulder restraint. I'm short, though. For the rest of the ride, including the loop, I lean forward a bit. It's far more comfortable. This is a very individual preference.

That said, the Incredicoaster is very enjoyable and QUITE mild when you sit in the first 2 cars of the train. I always suggest nervous riders ask for the front row. It helps a lot to be able to see what's coming and the front is the least jarring experience. The Incredicoaster is over 20 years old now and is a bit of a rough ride in certain trains, especially at the bottoms of hills and in the loop. You will feel some significant vibrations during these times, especially in the back of the train.

As for the loop, when you are on a coaster loop you don't FEEL like you are upside down. You just feel heavier. All you see is the track coming towards you. It's actually the least scary part of the ride. As far as inversions go, IC is SUPER mild. Newer coasters like Velicicoaster have high speed barrel rolls and such that really do disorient you.

It’s actually very smooth like Rockin Rollercoaster . Just like others have said keep your head back . When you stop at the end in the station there is kind of a jerk so make sure you keep it back until it fully stops. It’s a blast ! Definitely try it !

....and here I am looking sideways to watch DCA and Disneyland flip over during loop. :earsboy:

(of course not recommended unless you've ridden multiple times and know how to brace for loops and G forces)

I often instinctively look at the hidden mickeys on the ground.

One thing I don't like about incredicoaster compared to Screamin is that they covered up the top of the big hill so you can no longer get that super nice high view of Cars Land.

It’s actually very smooth like Rockin Rollercoaster . Just like others have said keep your head back . When you stop at the end in the station there is kind of a jerk so make sure you keep it back until it fully stops. It’s a blast ! Definitely try it !
Thank you for saying this! I was going to ask it sounds like the same set up as Rockin Rollercoaster (one of my favorites.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter