Incredible new scooters we beta tested at Walker Mobility

Discussion in 'disABILITIES!' started by NYCrules, Mar 13, 2019.

1. NYCrules

NYCrules Earning My Ears

Greetings everyone! My wife and I were "beta testers" for Walker Mobility's new scooters The Double Whammy and Triple Lindy. My wife used the Whammy in Pink and I used the Triple Lindy. During our week at Disney World and Universal we got plenty of envious looks and questions from other scooter users "where did you get those?" "how much power? And especially "where can I get the cell phone holder?"

We'd been sworn to secrecy and told them to check the Disboards and scooter rental vendors for new products.

Now we can go public with the scooters and our experience using them for a week.

Both models have more than enough power to last all day into night, charge them when you're "in" for the night and you'll be good to go the next morning.

Both have cell phone holders mounted on steering column for easy screen use. The front basket is big and easy to use while sitting in the scooter..Great feature!

The release is easy to get to for getting on/off rides trouble free.

Power comes from two 45 amp batteries so we never had any problem.

Both were simple to transport and light enough to be manageable.

Both are waterproof, have a very handy USB port to charge cell phones or any other USB device and the "key" is a Guitar style amp plug very easy to use.

We found both to be very comfortable, easy to maneuver and beautiful machines.

We will be going back to Orlando in July and already have our two reserved for the parks and a 4-day cruise from Port Canaveral. Check them out at Walker Mobility.

Take care and happy vacationing. NYCRules...
    here's a pic from their webste.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 13, 2019
  2. DisneyOma

DisneyOma DIS Veteran

Don't like the cellphone holder - too easy to become a distracted driver in my opinion. Also is an easy snatch and run location for it. The rest looks okay, the double battery sounds good as long as they are newish.

Lilsia, Hopefully, NYCrules and 2 others like this.
  3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. kaytieeldr

kaytieeldr Post hoc, ergo propter hoc

I would expect the batteries to be as new as the new ECVs, though. I'm sure Walker isn't going to let these go bad.

NYCrules likes this.
  5. cmwade77

cmwade77 DIS Veteran

Unfortunately they are almost necessary in the parks, but I don't like the placement on these.

I do like the foot brake release though, but yikes those prices are high!

I will admit I don't like the guitar amp keys, I have seen way too many problems with them. There is a reason that Disney has switched away from them after all.

But for me personally, the deal breaker on these are the thumb controls, unfortunately I have problems with them as the day goes along, but that is a personal issue, some may do better with them than the alternatives.

We have used Walker in the past and they had decent service, but really Gold Mobility puts them (and everyone else) to shame. But really this looks like another great option and competition is always a good thing, keeps everyone on their toes and benefits the consumer in the end. So please don't take this as bashing Walker and saying Gold Mobility is great, both have their place and you have to go with what works for you. I am just letting people know my initial thoughts after looking at these.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2019
    NYCrules and RaySharpton like this.
  6. RaySharpton

RaySharpton Retired and going to Disney.

Does anyone know what company makes these? They don't list the manufacturer on the website.

7. cmwade77

cmwade77 DIS Veteran

Looking as deep as I can, it appears that they may actually be custom built just for them. I am sure they are making them themselves, but I honestly can say I have no clue who is manufacturing them.

NYCrules likes this.
  8. RaySharpton

It looks like a "Ranger" mobility scooter, but they went out of business years ago. I don't know either.

The photos in the first post are below about the new Walker Mobility mobility scooters.

[​IMG]

I found the following website about an older Ranger company mobility scooter that looks similar below. But this company called Ranger is no longer in existence. They do look similar. I guess a new company is making something similar as far as the batteries, but the tiller hand grip uses the old style among other things.

https://www.scooterlink.com/product.cfm?p=Ranger-Safari-3-Wheel-Electric-Scooter-380116&id=777

[​IMG]

This is all that I could find so far. Google mostly shows parts for the no longer made Ranger Safari.

It is always good to have new choices for mobility devices and competition among different companies.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2019 at 7:46 PM
    NYCrules likes this.
  9. BillSears

BillSears DIS Veteran

Yea, distracted driving with the cell phone right there.

RaySharpton likes this.
  10. RaySharpton

Since I no longer work, I haven't had as many close calls with car drivers on their phone. When at WDW, I just use my phone, but I don't have a holder on my wheelchair. I did buy one of those lanyards with a waterproof plastic cover when it rains, but it is difficult to type through the plastic cover sometimes.

NYCrules likes this.
  11. cmwade77

cmwade77 DIS Veteran

Only if you let it be distracting, don't use it while driving and you are good. The cellphone holder on the Gold Mobility scooter was nice, as I wasn't worried about my phone falling out of my pocket, which is indeed an issue for me. Honestly, my screen is blank unless an alert comes in and then I can pull off to the side and deal with it if necessary or ignore it and keep going. Honestly, no different than a holder in my car aside from the fact that my car has bluetooth and far less distracting than most radios these days.

NYCrules likes this.
  12. NYCrules

NYCrules Earning My Ears

wow! didn't expect some many responses. The cell phone holder was not any sort of distraction for me or my wife, used only used it for ride times and park maps. You just need to use "common sense," if you let it BE distracting it could be. When on vacation we just use them as needed, it costs too much for park passes than to spend lotsa time on the phone or internet anyway, maps and ride "time" alerts are handy and save time and waiting. I also lost an iphone 2 yaers ago, slipped out of my pocket and I did not realise it until I went to check epoct map and phone was gone ($600 mistake).
    Not sure who makes the scooters but didn't see anything else in Disney or Universal that even came close. I used a Pride Ranger a few yaers back and just no comparision with these, Ranger was ok but these are so much better. Ranger is ike a subcompact car and these are like luxury seden...thanks for all the responses and hope this other info helps.

RaySharpton likes this.
  13. RaySharpton

Thank you NYCrules for posting your experience.

NYCrules likes this.
  14. cmwade77

cmwade77 DIS Veteran

The Victory10 from Gold Mobility is my preference, but I like its controls over the ones on these, again personal preference there, nothing more, nothing less.

NYCrules likes this.