Increase in parking fee

BillPA

DIS Veteran
When will the Mouse have enough money???

For Disney Resort hotel reservations made March 21, 2018 and thereafter, standard overnight self-parking will have a fee that will be applied to the guest hotel folio upon check-out. All parking fees include applicable tax and are as follows:
  • For reservations made before June 18, 2019 for arrivals in 2019 or 2020:
  • Disney Value Resorts: $13 per night
    Disney Moderate Resorts: $19 per night
    Disney Deluxe and Deluxe Villa Resorts: $24 per night
  • For reservations made June 18, 2019 and thereafter for arrivals in 2020:
  • Disney Value Resorts: $15 per night
    Disney Moderate Resorts: $20 per night
    Disney Deluxe and Deluxe Villa Resorts: $25 per night
Complimentary self-parking will remain for the following:
  • Guests with disabilities
  • Cast Members staying as guests
  • Guests traveling as part of a group or convention
  • Guests staying at campsites at Fort Wilderness.
  • Guests who wish to dine, shop, enjoy activities, or visit a resort for the day

Hi I just called member services to see if this applies to DVC members. I spoke to Juliet who said this fee does not apply if you are using DVC points; it only applies if you are paying cash. I'm very glad about that, my husband was very upset when I told him about this...hopefully this will always be the case.

Hi I just called member services to see if this applies to DVC members. I spoke to Juliet who said this fee does not apply if you are using DVC points; it only applies if you are paying cash. I'm very glad about that, my husband was very upset when I told him about this...hopefully this will always be the case.

Our maintenance fees pay for their share of parking lot maintenance. It doesn't mean that somebody will decide to interpret that there is some reason why they can charge but so far, no. We have been paying for it since our resorts were built.

When will the Mouse have enough money???

For Disney Resort hotel reservations made March 21, 2018 and thereafter, standard overnight self-parking will have a fee that will be applied to the guest hotel folio upon check-out. All parking fees include applicable tax and are as follows:
  • For reservations made before June 18, 2019 for arrivals in 2019 or 2020:

• For reservations made June 18, 2019 and thereafter for arrivals in 2020:
Complimentary self-parking will remain for the following:
  • Guests with disabilities
  • Cast Members staying as guests
  • Guests traveling as part of a group or convention
  • Guests staying at campsites at Fort Wilderness.
  • Guests who wish to dine, shop, enjoy activities, or visit a resort for the day

I wonder how many other food and merchandise increases were done overnight too? Did theme park parking go up as well? And hotel room prices increase? They snuck one of those in last year to little fanfare so I could see them doing that again.

I wonder how many other food and merchandise increases were done overnight too? Did theme park parking go up as well? And hotel room prices increase? They snuck one of those in last year to little fanfare so I could see them doing that again.

Pretty sure the 2020 dining plan pricing was released with increases, of course.

With the parking fee introduction, DVC members did not pay if they were staying on points or if they were paying cash at a DVC villa. I hope that hasn't changed.
Only guests staying at non-DVC resorts or booked through WDW and not DVC paid for parking.

With the parking fee introduction, DVC members did not pay if they were staying on points or if they were paying cash at a DVC villa. I hope that hasn't changed.
Only guests staying at non-DVC resorts or booked through WDW and not DVC paid for parking.

I was told by Juliet at member services that if you are paying cash the charges will apply. Only if you are staying using your points do the points NOT apply. That's what I was told but I guess it wouldn't be the first time someone was given bad or wrong information from member services.

I was told by Juliet at member services that if you are paying cash the charges will apply. Only if you are staying using your points do the points NOT apply. That's what I was told but I guess it wouldn't be the first time someone was given bad or wrong information from member services.
She was mistaken (I’ve been told the opposite when in November when I bought in). When staying at non-villas the cash stays pay for parking but point stays do not. Direct from the site (see bolded text):

“Members will not be charged for standard overnight self-parking when staying in a Disney Vacation Club Deluxe Villa at Walt Disney World Resort, Disney's Vero Beach Resort or Disney's Hilton Head Island Resort, regardless of whether they use Vacation Points or another form of payment. Members also will not be charged to park when using Reservation Points to stay at a Walt Disney World Resort hotel.”

https://disneyvacationclub.disney.go.com/faq/resort-reservations/parking/

I wonder if they will ever find a way to charge renters the parking fee at DVC units? I bet it has crossed their minds.

It would come down to the same issue. MF's pay for parking lot maintenance etc. Who uses the points is inconsequential to that fact.
That is true, but I still really wonder if they could spin some sort of "fee" onto renters.

Still cheaper than Universal Studios ($27 at its luxury resorts to self park) and many other places we have stayed.
But with DVC, you don't pay aditional for parking.

I certainly could be wrong, but I never saw this fee as being totally about the money. They want you on property, and staying there. Hence the magical express. They do not make money with you being off property eating, universal, etc.

I think DIsney would rather have people not have cars, and this measure was to try to discourage it.

I usually arrive late at night(midnight or later), and i dont like using points for that, so I often stay at one of the value resorts. I do not think I have been charged for 1 night of parking yet.

Last edited:
I certainly could be wrong, but I never saw this fee as being totally about the money. They want you on property, and staying there. Hence the magical express. They do not make money with you being off property eating, universal, etc.

I think DIsney would rather have people not have cars, and this measure was to try to discourage it.

I usually arrive late at night(midnight or later), and i dont like using points for that, so I often stay at one of the value resorts. I do not think I have been charged for 1 night of parking yet.

I was going to use a laughing icon but let's just go with....you could be wrong. It was the simplest way to increase room rates for a number of guests without actually increasing room rates.

I was going to use a laughing icon but let's just go with....you could be wrong. It was the simplest way to increase room rates for a number of guests without actually increasing room rates.

Well, it is business, and it is all about profit. My wording was poor. What I meant is I believe that Disney did this to discourage people from bringing cars, and that was their (direct) goal. I think on average, Disney would make more money off of guests that do not have cars, and are captive audiences.

When I have a car, I go to Universal. I eat dinner at a few local restaurants.
No car, and I am on property 100%.

Even with the parking fee, Disney makes more money off of me when I don't have a car. That is what I think the goal was.

Then again, prior to the FTC cracking down on resort fees a few years back (making them much more transparent on travel sites) hotels could hide them and make them a kind of surprise at check in. Maybe parking is the same way now.

However, Id rather pay 20 bucks in parking the 20 bucks more for a room.

It's always about money.

We were there two weeks ago. I have a college buddy who lives in Orlando is an administrator at one of the hospitals there. He plays golf weekly with one of Disney's beancounters. The Disney accountant told him an absolutely STAGGERING figure for what just the Magic Kingdom *parking lot* turns in profit every year....$44 million.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter