• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Final thoughts/future trips 4/2p90 The End 4/4p92

Beer makes people do crazy things, don't it?!! :rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2: Even TaterPeople. :laughing:

Caught up again now....and I was so far behind I cannot even begin to remember what I was going to comment on. :rolleyes:

Other than this:

Hi Brook! Are you having a great time at the Boardwalk today? I'm on FB now, so keep posting those pictures. :wave2:

IMG_0060.jpg

:rotfl2: I hope I delivered for you on Facebook!

All your pics made me miss the World so much I opened several travel websites in hopes for some crazy last-minute flight deal. I've HEARD of $29 flights from JFK, but I've never seen one. :sad1:

A girl can dream, right???

Loving the re-caps and firsts! It's amazing how many firsts you can accomplish on every single trip, isn't it?

I've got Jen's PTR open and will catch up there soon!

I know. It still cracks me up!

Caught up again now....and I was so far behind I cannot even begin to remember what I was going to comment on. :rolleyes:

:rotfl2: I hope I delivered for you on Facebook!

I forgot I posted that pic while you were away. Well, it definitely made me think of you. And - YES - you delivered!!!!!

All your pics made me miss the World so much I opened several travel websites in hopes for some crazy last-minute flight deal. I've HEARD of $29 flights from JFK, but I've never seen one. :sad1:

A girl can dream, right???

That's what life is made of - dreams!!!!! I find its always great to have your next trip in your back pocket. You still miss the world, but not as bad when you know you'll be going back.

Loving the re-caps and firsts! It's amazing how many firsts you can accomplish on every single trip, isn't it?

I've got Jen's PTR open and will catch up there soon!

It is amazing how many firsts there were and in May there will be plenty more firsts. Each trip is different and special in its own way. That's why we love it!

I am sure Jen will be happy you've stopped by. In fact, I need to stop by. I never seem to get past the first page of the PTRs because there is always so much going on over there!

Hey Folks. I am not done yet. Seems I found a few pictures on my phone that I transferred to my new iphone and uploaded to photobucket. Plus, now that I have this nifty new phone I will take some quick pictures of a few souvies and show you what I got for the East meets West trip.

I am just super beat right now, so it will have to wait a bit.

Hey Folks. I am not done yet. Seems I found a few pictures on my phone that I transferred to my new iphone and uploaded to photobucket. Plus, now that I have this nifty new phone I will take some quick pictures of a few souvies and show you what I got for the East meets West trip.

I am just super beat right now, so it will have to wait a bit.

Woo hoo! More pictures are coming!

Well, this is it. My last update. I think I put it off for as long as I could.

First some life stuff - I cut my hair. Well, actually I didn't do it, but you know what I mean. That's right. I decided after looking at this picture

Photo0595.jpg

that I just didn't feel like dealing with frizzy hair next month at the world. I don't feel like trying to straighten hair that just won't cooperate. So now I have short hair. That's right - really short hair. And NO - I don't have any pictures. You'll just have to wait until I return from the East Meets West Trip to see exactly how short.

I also got.....DRUM ROLL PLEASE.......and iphone. I said if Verizon ever got the iphone, I wanted one. Fortunately, I was due for an upgrade and I won $100 gift card at work, so I was able to rationalize the added expense. I have been playing with that thing so much. I have every free Disney app known to man. I think everyone in my house is officially jealous.

My DVC contract closed today. I guess I have to wait about a week for the points to get into my account, but I'll check everyday until then. :rolleyes1 Of course, yesterday I saw the perfect 110pt SSR contract with 100 banked points. Oh well, I am still very happy to have VWL because I think the 11month advantage may come in useful there and its nice to know I own at the smallest (ie. most exclusive :laughing:) DVC resort.

So...onto my final thoughts!!!!!

Travel Companion - Well, I think Jen and I would both agree that we had a fantastic trip. It was really great in so many ways! It was nice to travel with someone who has the same interest in photography that I do. That was huge. When one of us stopped to take pictures, the other just joined right in. It worked out great.

It was also great to travel with someone who appreciates the small things. Since Jen is a mom of two young boys, alone time is really special for her. I think she enjoyed all of our out of park activities, as well as our in park activities. Jen and I both agree that we would go on another girl's trip in a heart beat. It worked out great. And I was only a little grumpy on the last day, but considering I had 1) a call from my son telling me he was sick and needed to leave school, 2) an hour wait for the HS bus 3) a half hour trip to member services to get my AP straightened out, and 4) a touch of a hangover, I think I deserved a short stint at grumpiness.

Time of Year - Perfect. I love traveling in September. Sure, its not food and wine, but the crowds are soooooooo low. I love that. I have said I can tolerate 1) crowds with no heat or 2) heat with no crowds. We obviously had the later. But even though it was hot, it wasn't summer hot. Close, but not as bad as my June 09 trip.

Resort - I am really glad we tried BLT. My goal is to try every Disney resort and I am so appreciative that Jen fronted the points for us to stay there. I absolutely loved the location and being on the monorail loop. I didn't "love, love, love" the resort, but I am far from complaining either. I just think it wasn't exactly my style. Still, I would certainly stay there again and I would love to enjoy a trip to the TOWL again when its not raining. I wish the studios were a tad bigger, but the view more than made up for the slightly cramped quarters.

Food - I can't recall one bad eating experience. I thought all the food was great. I never walk away from a Disney meal thinking "gee, I wished I hadn't spent the money on THAT". Like today, I ate at Applebee's and it was just blah. Certainly nothing to write home about. I ate at several new restaurants including the Contempo Cafe, Restaurantsaurus, La Kouzzina, and the Garden Grill. I also got to try Kona breakfast. These meals were all great. I also had some pretty tasty alcoholic beverages, too.

Oh, and here's a few phone pics I took. They transferred over from my old phone, so I decided to upload them to photobucket.

3f2ca051.jpg

d4b38a2f.jpg

The Poly pool
f4f283fb.jpg

61702693.jpg

799ca134.jpg

The monorail

3ce9949b.jpg

The sun coming up over 7 Seas Lagoon during my morning run

bfa7b850.jpg

6fab657b.jpg

1c6099a3.jpg

Future Trips:

Well, as you know, a month from now I will be in the world to meet 5 other lovely Disers - Cynthia (eandesmom), Melissa (mickeysmyboy), Christine (2xcited2sleep), tracy (manntra), and Jen (jenjolt). The first of the gang to arrive will be Melissa. She is arriving the morning of April 28th and staying at Beach Club Villas. Next is me. I am arriving April 29th around 5pm. I couldn't resist this flight because it was $79. I am staying at POR for two nights and then moving over to BCV. Being point poor made it impossible for me to cough up enough DVC points for those two nights.

Next to arrive is Jen and she will be staying POR for her entire stay. I think she leaves on Tuesday, so its basically a long weekend for her.

Up next is my roomie Cynthia. See is taking the red eye on the evening of the 29th and arriving in the morning. Already having the room is definitely an advantage for her, since she will have traveled all night. Ugghhh. I promised her beignets on arrival.

Last, but not least to arrive are Tracy and Christine. They both arrive on April 30th. I'm not sure who gets in first. They also stay the longest, leaving one day later than everyone else. They will also be staying at BCV!

It promises to be a very full, very fun trip filled with much adventure, good food, good drinks, and some well deserved relaxation. I am looking forward to six nights away from my house. It's nice to have snuck in that extra night. :rolleyes1

I think we are going to have a blast. I am really looking forward to this trip. Cynthia and Melissa did the majority of planning /booking ADRs and we have quite a few good ones including Raglan Rd, Via Napoli, Blue Zoo, and Jiko (among others). I believe that Via Napoli is the day before my birthday, so I am going to make sure those hottie waiters sing happy b day to ME!

We are also signed up to take the New African Trek (or whatever its called) at the AK. After seeing Jen's pictures, I know this is going to be a winner.

I have purchased a few new items for this trip, so I promise to take pictures tomorrow and post them.

So, that is trip #1 on the horizon. And its less than a month away! :woohoo:

Up Next - Trip #2 and Trip #3.

Thank you for sharing another of your truly wonderful Disney vacations with us :goodvibes

Your upcoming trip sounds like another great one and I am so jealous you're doing the African Trek! I'd love to do that but the cost times 3 of us was much more than I wanted to spend. I'll have to enjoy it vicariously through you ladies :)

Yay for having a trip coming up in a month!!! :cool1: Sounds like you all are going to have a fantastic time! :goodvibes

It's a fun idea to try all of the different resorts. I would love to do that! The next ones I really want to try are the Boardwalk and the Poly. The Contemporary does look nice, but I agree with you, it isn't really my style either.

Great TR! I'm sad to see it end, but can't wait to hear about your next trip! :goodvibes

Congrats on your new contract. Am I seeing a Christmas trip in your future? Perfect time of year for VWL!

Love your final thoughts. Sounds like it was an almost perfect trip! I've had so much following along with you. Can't wait to be there with you in real life later this month!! :yay:

Great Trip Report and pics! :goodvibes Thanks for sharing your adventures with us.

Looking forward to your upcoming trip!

Thank goodness for more upcoming trips....can't imagine being on the Disboards without a MEK TR or PTR to read...just wouldn't be right:confused3

Hope you're having a great weekend!!!:goodvibes

Thank you for sharing another of your truly wonderful Disney vacations with us :goodvibes

As always, it was my pleasure!

Your upcoming trip sounds like another great one and I am so jealous you're doing the African Trek! I'd love to do that but the cost times 3 of us was much more than I wanted to spend. I'll have to enjoy it vicariously through you ladies :)

I am looking forward to the Trek. But I can definitely see how it would be cost prohibitive with 3 people. I know we will post lots of pics, especially since you get a PP CD with it!

Yay for having a trip coming up in a month!!! :cool1: Sounds like you all are going to have a fantastic time! :goodvibes

I am quite excited about the next trip. It feel really real now! I can't believe its THIS MONTH! :banana:

It's a fun idea to try all of the different resorts. I would love to do that! The next ones I really want to try are the Boardwalk and the Poly. The Contemporary does look nice, but I agree with you, it isn't really my style either.

I love trying new resorts and I haven't found one yet that I don't like or love. BLT was not my fav DVC resort, but it certainly is a great place. I can't wait to try all the DVC resorts! I still have a few to go.

Great TR! I'm sad to see it end, but can't wait to hear about your next trip! :goodvibes

Thank you! I am so glad you jumped in for the ride!

Congrats on your new contract. Am I seeing a Christmas trip in your future? Perfect time of year for VWL!

:

That's the plan. I'm thinking the first week of December, although I know that is an extremely popular time! I will be stalking those points all week, happily waiting their arrival.

Love your final thoughts. Sounds like it was an almost perfect trip! I've had so much following along with you. Can't wait to be there with you in real life later this month!! :yay:

It was a great trip!

I can't believe we are going THIS MONTH!!!! :woohoo::woohoo:

Thank goodness for more upcoming trips....can't imagine being on the Disboards without a MEK TR or PTR to read...just wouldn't be right:confused3

:rotfl2: That's how I feel. I start to go into withdrawal when I'm not writing a TR. I'm not big on PTRs because I never feel like I have enough to say, but I do love writing my TRs.

Hope you're having a great weekend!!!:goodvibes

It's been an interesting one here at my house, but mostly good.

Really loved your TR Mary Ellen, thanks so much for sharing!!

You girls are going to have so much fun on your East meets West trip, I can't wait to read all about it :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter