• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Final thoughts/future trips 4/2p90 The End 4/4p92

Before I resume with some more Disney world "firsts", I would like to announce that my VWL DVC contract passed ROFR and I just received all the closing paperwork. I am very excited. The addition of this 100 points is going to be great!!! As soon as the points are in our account, I will be calling to make a December reservation for Denny and I.

I also made a reservation at HH for October 23 - 28th. I really wanted to go to Disney world, but my GFs wanted to go to HH. As it turns out, the member rate for a 2BR dropped to 150 night/tax on the 24th. So, naturally, I only booked the first night on points. Its an amazing rate and I hope we get a week with seasonably warm weather. We are planning days trips to Charleston and Savannah, so if anyone knows of any must-sees in either of these two cities, please share. I have never been to either. I seriously don't think I have driven south of the North Carolina so this will be an adventure for me.

So, Day 4 firsts......
We started the day by taking my FIRST cab at Disney world. Yup, that's right. I had never taken a cab before.

And why did we need that cab. Well to get to my First Segway Tour!

IMG_8995.jpg

I know I said this before, but you've got to try a Segway tour. It was great. In fact, Denny and I are going to do a Segway tour of the Gettysburg Battlefield when we travel their for Nick's soccer tournament. Yeah!

After segwaying around the world, we hit Sunshine Seasons for some breakfast

IMG_9013.jpg

and rode Soarin. Then we headed to Club Cool where I met

IMG_9051.jpg

Flat Mickey. He was to be our tour guide for the rest of the day.

I played with the shutter speed on my camera

IMG_9042.jpg

IMG_9041.jpg

before we headed over to the World Showcase.

We visited this landmark where I did not have my first Cave rita because it wasn't open yet.

IMG_9080.jpg

Back on the outside, I practiced my photo skills while we headed to another first

IMG_9074.jpg

Yes, that's right folks. I had my First Encounter with Kim Possible and her colorful missions.

IMG_9135.jpg

IMG_9153.jpg

Our first mission took us to England

IMG_9143.jpg

IMG_9141.jpg

IMG_9157.jpg

After we complete our first mission we headed to another Epcot landmark for a delicious lunch

IMG_9175-1.jpg

IMG_9185.jpg

IMG_9189.jpg

IMG_9190.jpg

IMG_9191.jpg

After lunch we waddled over to China for another KP mission.

IMG_9199-1.jpg

IMG_9218.jpg

IMG_9210.jpg

After our exploring China with Kim, we returned to BLT for an afternoon siesta.

Before long it was time to head over to the MK for a spooktacular good time.

IMG_9491.jpg

IMG_9313-1.jpg

We met a few old friends

IMG_9457-1.jpg

IMG_9418.jpg

IMG_9435.jpg

Continued in Next post......

[/COLOR]

Continued

We also met a few new friends when I had my First Meet with LL and Marc

IMG_9367.jpg

We saw some fireworks

IMG_9357.jpg

IMG_9358.jpg

Jen and I managed one more first this evening. Are you ready for this one?????
I rode Dumbo for the FIRST time ever. Of course, I couldn't see a blessed thing, but it sure was fun and there was NO wait!

Day 4 Firsts:

First Disney Cab
First Disney Segway tour
First KP missions
First DIS meet with LL and Marc
First ride on Dumbo

Jen and I started Day 5 with the Opening Ceremony

IMG_9554.jpg

IMG_9548.jpg

From there we headed to my FIRST breakfast at Kona Cafe and my FIRST Tonga Toast

IMG_9583.jpg

From Kona, it was a quick monorail ride to

IMG_9593.jpg

It was time for my FIRST DVC pool hop to the GF

IMG_9653.jpg

IMG_9667.jpg

Jen and I spent much of our time taking pictures

IMG_9656.jpg

IMG_9738.jpg

We were quickly drawn to my FIRST visit to the Wedding Pavilion

IMG_9691.jpg

IMG_9683.jpg

Not only did I visit the outside of the wedding chapel, I will lucky enough to get my FIRST sneak peak INSIDE the chapel.

IMG_9725.jpg

After our visit to the GF, we went back to the room, changed, and headed to Epcot for our last evening

I mean, after all, we had to ride Spaceship Earth at least once....

IMG_9763.jpg

and we hit Sum of All Thrills.

Then it was off to the world showcase.....

IMG_9782.jpg

We did a KP mission in Norway

IMG_9770.jpg

Then we did a KP mission in Germany

IMG_9792.jpg

After a couple drinks and a couple KP missions, we walked over to my FIRST meal at Kouzzina

IMG_9799.jpg

IMG_9798.jpg

After Dinner we took in the nightime sights

IMG_9802.jpg

IMG_9829.jpg

We walked back to China to return our Kimmunicator and call it a night

IMG_9873.jpg

Day 5 FIRSTS

First Kona Cafe Breakfast with Tonga Toast
First DVC Pool Hop to the GF
First Sneak Peak inside the Wedding Chapel
First Dinner at Kouzzina

And that about sums up the FIRSTs for this trip.

I plan to do one more update with final thoughts and Upcoming plans and then its time to retire this TR..

Thanks SO Much for Reading!

Congratulations on passing ROFR!!! :woohoo: :yay: :woohoo:

Don and I are seriously considering a long weekend in Charleston for our anniversary in August, if we go I'll be sure and take good notes for you! :thumbsup2

Loved your trip recap and list of firsts!

Congrats on the dvc :) A December vist?! I am officially jealous :goodvibes

Loved the TR and the recaps :thumbsup2

I'll be looking forward to your next report!

Great recaps! :cool1: You just reminded me I want to do Kona for breakfast one day...I'm trying to figure out my ADR's for next week, and I'm SO stressed trying to plan everything, and now I have Kona to try to fit in too! :rotfl:

Congrats on the new DVC, a December trip sounds awesome! :cool1:

Yay for your new DVC!!! :yay:

Looks like you guys had a great time doing the Kim Possible missions! I haven't tried one yet, but they look really cute! Gorgeous pictures as always! How fun you had gotten to peek inside the wedding chapel! I saw an episode of The Little Couple the other morning that they were going to a wedding at Disney that was going to be there - of course I was glued to the screen!! :laughing:

Congrats on passing!!! WOOHOOO for YOU!!! :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

It's the best feeling, isn't it? :lovestruc

Love all your firsts...did you have a favorite first? :)

I am 12 days away from SSR- have anything favorite to reccommmend to me at your first home resort? I have only been there once- on my first DVC trip (with Lonnie in 2008). That trip I requested Congress Park, and we totally lucked out and got a DTD view....this time I requested Springs followed by CP...we'll see what happens!!:goodvibes

Great list of firsts (my favorite is your "First Dumbo" ride :goodvibes). And congratulations on the DVC--that's is awesome.

Looking forward to the final thoughts and the plans in five weeks.

Happy Dance for ROFR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So exciting :)

I can't believe that's the first time you went on Dumbo! I am loving the recaps.

Congratulations on passing ROFR!!! :woohoo: :yay: :woohoo:

I am so excited about that!!!!! It was an impulse buy, but I am glad we did it. We really need those extra points.

Don and I are seriously considering a long weekend in Charleston for our anniversary in August, if we go I'll be sure and take good notes for you! :thumbsup2

Oh, Please do. I hear it is a wonderful town and I picked up a AAA book that lists tons of tours. It will be hard to decide what to do.

Loved your trip recap and list of firsts!

Thanks!

Congrats on the dvc :) A December vist?! I am officially jealous :goodvibes

We were originally thinking Thanksgiving or right after, but that might be awkward with Brian going back to college after the break. So I think early December might be the best. We went in December a couple of years ago and it was really a lovely time to visit.

Loved the TR and the recaps :thumbsup2

I'll be looking forward to your next report!

Thanks. It will be interesting to see how we do the next TR since there will be 5 of us. I am also going to do a HH trip since I haven't seen too many of them.

Great recaps! :cool1: You just reminded me I want to do Kona for breakfast one day...I'm trying to figure out my ADR's for next week, and I'm SO stressed trying to plan everything, and now I have Kona to try to fit in too! :rotfl:

Kona is really yummy for ANY meal. Don't stress over breakfast. I seriously think you can do a walk-up. That's what we did and we were seated without delay.

Good Luck with your ADRs!!!!!

Congrats on the new DVC, a December trip sounds awesome! :cool1:

Thanks! I really hope we can stay at VWL for Christmas, but I will be happy wherever we stay.

Yay for your new DVC!!! :yay:

Thanks! We are very excited!

Looks like you guys had a great time doing the Kim Possible missions! I haven't tried one yet, but they look really cute! Gorgeous pictures as always! How fun you had gotten to peek inside the wedding chapel! I saw an episode of The Little Couple the other morning that they were going to a wedding at Disney that was going to be there - of course I was glued to the screen!! :laughing:

The KP missions are great. They are not juvenile at all. Rather, they are a great way to see the overlooked details in each of the countries. They are also pretty comical at times. Definitely try one on your next trip.

The Little Couple got in the chapel????? I would LOVE to go to a wedding there. You can't tell from the picture, but that chapel is seriously breath taking. Amazing!

Congrats on passing!!! WOOHOOO for YOU!!! :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

It's the best feeling, isn't it? :lovestruc

I am very, very happy! I didn't think we would add on so soon after the kitchen, but I basically got to the point that I decided I would add any 100 point March contract that was a decent price. After stalking the boards for 2 years I realized that there really weren't that many 100 point contracts in the March use year.

Love all your firsts...did you have a favorite first? :)

Favorite first activity - Segway Tour. No contest!
Favorite New drink - The Rita in DTD
Favorite New Pool - The GF
Favorite New Food - Tonga Toast

I am 12 days away from SSR- have anything favorite to reccommmend to me at your first home resort? I have only been there once- on my first DVC trip (with Lonnie in 2008). That trip I requested Congress Park, and we totally lucked out and got a DTD view....this time I requested Springs followed by CP...we'll see what happens!!:goodvibes

Well, I think you have already been to the spa there.

Personally, I think CP is the BEST location! I love the pool there and I love the view. It's also an easy walk to DTD.

I haven't been there in a couple years now, so I am looking forward to going back. I love the calm colors and I love all the pathways for running. Jen says the grandstand section is great. Supposedly the pool is great with a real nice pool bar.

The bus starts in the carousel then goes to the paddock, CP, the springs and then the grandstand.

Great list of firsts (my favorite is your "First Dumbo" ride :goodvibes). And congratulations on the DVC--that's is awesome.
:rotfl2: to Dumbo!!!! The first time I went to Disney my kids were already too old to want to ride Dumbo, so I just never did it. But I knew I had to try it with a short line.

We are very excited for the DVC add on!

Looking forward to the final thoughts and the plans in five weeks.

Coming soon!

Happy Dance for ROFR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So exciting :)

You said it!!!! :woohoo:

It's funny that we ended up with VWL since I wasn't super crazy about the furnishings when we stayed there. But I think there are definitely some advantages to owning there. It's the perfect resort for the holidays and I look forward to seeing Ranger Joe again.

I can't believe that's the first time you went on Dumbo! I am loving the recaps.
:laughing: I know. I know. That's what happens when your kids take their first trip at 7 and 9. No Dumbo for you! They had as much interest in riding Dumbo as they did in visiting BBB at the MK!

Congratulations on passing ROFR! That's awesome.

Loving the recap of pictures. :thumbsup2

Thanks Glen! We are quite pleased because it gives up more options. From the moment we bought our first contract we were always borrowing points. Now we will be able to stay an entire week at a 2BR and not feel like we are going totally in the whole. I figure we will use the SSR points for a bigger stays and the VWL points for studio stays with just Denny and I. I think its going to work out well.

Congrats on the new DVC points!

Love all your "firsts". Thanks for that inside wedding pavilion picture again - SO BEAUTIFUL!!! We watched a show on Disney weddings and I've started brainwashing my girls. ;)

WOOT WOOT Congrats on closing on your points!!! You are going to have so much fun with those points!!!! YAY!!

Loved all your firsts and once again so many AMAZING photos!! I definitely want to try the Segway tour someday!! Sounds like a lot of fun!!!!

Congrats on the new DVC points!

I am so excited! :woohoo: My paperwork is in, but I can't get the check in the mail until Saturday. Work just interrupts everything. :laughing:

Love all your "firsts". Thanks for that inside wedding pavilion picture again - SO BEAUTIFUL!!! We watched a show on Disney weddings and I've started brainwashing my girls. ;)

OMG - If I had a daughter I would love to have their wedding there (if I could afford it). :lmao:

Keep brainwashing.

When are you going to start your TR????? I don't want to miss it.

WOOT WOOT Congrats on closing on your points!!! You are going to have so much fun with those points!!!! YAY!!

Thanks Jen. and you know what..... I AM going to have some fun with those points. I can't wait to get a hold of them!

Loved all your firsts and once again so many AMAZING photos!! I definitely want to try the Segway tour someday!! Sounds like a lot of fun!!!!

Thanks.

You MUST try a segway tour. It was so fun! Maybe you should go while we are all on the African trek. You will love it!!!!!!

Congrats on getting your points!:cool1:
I've never ridden Dumbo either, when the kids were of the Dumbo age it was always too crowded. Boys are just not into Dumbo when they reach a certain age.

Congrats on getting your points!:cool1:

I am so excited about those points. Can't wait to finally own them!!!!!!

I've never ridden Dumbo either, when the kids were of the Dumbo age it was always too crowded. Boys are just not into Dumbo when they reach a certain age.

See, I'm not alone. It's pretty hard to justify standing in that line to ride Dumbo just because you are a Disney Die-hard and have to ride every ride. But when it's a walk-on at night, who can say no?

Congratulations on your new contract!!!!!!!!!! :yay::yay:

Have really enjoyed all of your pictures once again :worship: I can't wait to do a Kim Possible mission:rotfl2:

Tracy

More great firsts and re-cap of your final days. But your first picture of someone wearing a beer hat is missing. :lmao:

Congratulations on your new contract!!!!!!!!!! :yay::yay:

Thanks! I am very excited! :cool1:

Have really enjoyed all of your pictures once again :worship: I can't wait to do a Kim Possible mission:rotfl2:

Tracy

The KP missions are so fun! It is a must. I still have 3 countries to save and since I was drinking adult beverages during two other countries, I might need to visit them again.

More great firsts and re-cap of your final days. But your first picture of someone wearing a beer hat is missing. :lmao:

OMG - You're right. Let's see if I can fix that!

IMG_9793-1.jpg

I must have forgotten to save the original. OOPS!

DisneyTrip2010993.jpg

uh hum....I think Tate is getting a little too friendly with his drinking buddy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter