• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Final thoughts/future trips 4/2p90 The End 4/4p92

Really loved your TR Mary Ellen, thanks so much for sharing!!

You girls are going to have so much fun on your East meets West trip, I can't wait to read all about it :thumbsup2

Thanks so much for reading along!!!!! I'm glad you enjoyed the trip report! And, yes, we are going to have a blast in May. Can't wait. Less than 4 weeks now!

I hate seeing this TR at it's end, but will be awaiting your next report. That trip is certainly coming up fast, soon it will be here then over, the one bad thing about a Disney vacation. :eek:

I really enjoy your photos as I used to take all sorts of pictures with all sorts of lenses & filters, etc. using my 35 SLR.

Thanks for the fun ride & a chance to enjoy your lovely singing. Ok I will quit before you get a swelled head! :lmao:

Great recap! I agree you had every right to have a bit of "grumpy" your last day- heck, even a 30 minute bus wait would be tough, let alone an HOUR! :scared1:

I have to say, I thoroughly enjoyed the personal fill-in by Cynthia this weekend!! I love all your plans, and am insanely jealous I cannot come too! Poop.

Thank you again for all of your beautiful pictures and commentary :goodvibes

I can't wait to see everyone next month! I am soooooooooooo excited!! :yay::yay::yay: I can't wait to see your hair too!! I am sure it looks fabulous :thumbsup2
I am the last to arrive :sad2: Alas I am one of the last to leave :rolleyes1
Are you packed yet? :rotfl2: Not till the night before for me :rolleyes1 I can't do it until Ziggy has been picked up to stay at my parents ;)

See ya real soon!! :woohoo:

Tracy

I hate seeing this TR at it's end, but will be awaiting your next report. That trip is certainly coming up fast, soon it will be here then over, the one bad thing about a Disney vacation. :eek:

I know. That's why you always need to have your next Disney trip planned. I can't come home unless I know I have my next trip scheduled.

It will be interesting to see how we divide up the next TR.

I really enjoy your photos as I used to take all sorts of pictures with all sorts of lenses & filters, etc. using my 35 SLR.

Thank you! I would love to try some different filters. Jen lent me a cool book on photography and I really need to get to work and practice over the next few weeks.

Thanks for the fun ride & a chance to enjoy your lovely singing. Ok I will quit before you get a swelled head! :lmao:

I'm so glad you stuck with me/us to the end.

And thank you for the compliment. No swelled head here, but I truly appreciate the compliment. It means a lot to me!

Great recap! I agree you had every right to have a bit of "grumpy" your last day- heck, even a 30 minute bus wait would be tough, let alone an HOUR! :scared1:

It took me awhile to get grumpy. I thought I was going to escape it, but NO. That bus wait pushed me over the edge! :laughing:

I have to say, I thoroughly enjoyed the personal fill-in by Cynthia this weekend!! I love all your plans, and am insanely jealous I cannot come too! Poop.

I can't wait to hear about that DISmeet. Cynthia is a master planner. I know she didn't forget any details, so I am putting my total trust in her. Plus she has everything loaded into a Tripit App. That Cynthia!

It would be so cool if you could join us. But you are doing something much more important now - going back to school. You can plan one heck of a trip when that's behind you!

Thank you again for all of your beautiful pictures and commentary :goodvibes

It was my pleasure. Thank you for being here and following along!

I can't wait to see everyone next month! I am soooooooooooo excited!! :yay::yay::yay: I can't wait to see your hair too!! I am sure it looks fabulous :thumbsup2

I know. I can't believe it is less than a month now. I am starting to get a little nervous, but I am totally excited!

I have gotten used to my short hair in record time. It's so easy. It will be great for Disney. While you will all be primping, I'll be ready to go! :rolleyes1

I am the last to arrive :sad2: Alas I am one of the last to leave :rolleyes1
Are you packed yet? :rotfl2: Not till the night before for me :rolleyes1 I can't do it until Ziggy has been picked up to stay at my parents ;)

See ya real soon!! :woohoo:

Tracy

I have all my clothes that I am taking in a separate laundry basket, but I haven't ironed yet. I will definitely start packing on my next weekday off from work.

Poor Ziggy - I can see how that would be very disturbing. Even my cats know when we have luggage packed. The go over and sniff it and it definitely unnerves them.

Now that I have my iphone it is so freakin easy to take pics and upload them to photobucket.

Therefore, I present my souvies..........

I actually didn't buy too much - two mugs and one jibitz to be exact. Oh - I also bought a few cute post cards, but I forgot to take their pictures. I love Disney post cards. I think they are a wonderful and inexpensive souvie.

I love this mug. I found it in AK. I thought it was so different, so I had to buy it.

064783a2.jpg

And look what's inside:

b19871eb.jpg

How cute is that?

Once we got to the airport I also purchased this......

80930253.jpg

I have the other two mugs that go with this. I think there's one more left in the series and there's a good chance I will buy it in May. I actually purchased this mug last May, but it broke two weeks after I got home. :sad2: When I tried to purchase it on my last Disney day, I couldn't find it. But there it was, waiting for me in the Orlando airport.

Now- I know I have developed a reputation as being a sherpa, so I decided to buy an official park bag for the May trip. I am very picky and I don't like that many bags. But I saw this bagallini in a AAA shop and I fell in love with it. I think it will be perfect for the trip. I ordered it off of Amazon.

a3ffb975.jpg

If you look closely, you will see my Minnie Jibitz resting on my bagallini. I bought at MCO as we were leaving. (because I lost my other one)

I also purchased this for the trip

e2f947fe.jpg

a new bathing suit (and behind it is a new coverup - but I know you can't see it too well). Anyway - I like my new bathing suit.

55987a1b.jpg

I also bought a new pair of teva mush flip flops.

07ca445a.jpg

I think they match my bathing suit.

I have purchased some other clothes for the trip, but they are in my "to be packed" pile. I think its always good to have a few items that you can pull the tags off while you are traveling. I love waiting to wear something new until I arrive at my travel destination.

I took this next picture at Salisbury University on Saturday

13871aa5.jpg

I'm not too good with the iphone pics yet. Brian and I went to Admitted Student Day at Salisbury. I really like the school. It's medium size and very easy to negotiate the campus. The buildings are very well maintained. They had 8000 freshman applicants and took 1300. Brian is very lucky to get in, but definitely had the out of state advantage.

They are building a brand new, state of the art business school. (Perdue school of business - Perdue, as in Frank). It is going to be super high tech. I was really impressed with the presentations from the school of business. The class sizes are small and they really played up the teacher involvement. They are also big into studying abroad. Plus they require an internship for graduation.

Brian is still considering West Virginia, but I would feel better if he picks Salisbury. I am still staying low key, but he has to decide soon. So please say your prayers that Brian will pick Salisbury. I think this is the right place for him. He has problems with organization and maintaining his personal belongings. It will be much easier to get him what he needs if he's 90 minutes away versus 5 1/2 hours away. I think he realizes that, as well. Plus the school is 30 minutes from Ocean City, Md. It's a good location all around.

So - on to future trip #2 and #3.

I'll keep this short.

Future Trip 2 is another girl's trip to Hilton Head. I will be traveling with two of my friends who have sons graduating this spring. We have a reservation for a 2BR at Hilton Head from October 23 to 28th. We hope to take a side trip to Charleston and to Savannah. Jackie (Charleston Princess) has given me some excellent advice on what to do for a Charleston day trip. I can't wait.

Trip 3 is a couple's trip. Denny and I plan to use our new VWL points the first week of December. I hope we are able to get a reservation then, because I know that is an extremely popular DVC time.

Now - here's the kicker - I am actually tossing around the idea of doing a non park trip. :scared1: I know - hard to believe, but there are still so many things that Denny and I have not done in Orlando and we will both have to buy new park passes.

Of course, our trip will include the Christmas Party, so we can get a park fix, but I am seriously thinking about going to Sea World, Kennedy Space Center, or both. I also have water park tickets burning a hole in my pocket. We will also spend plenty of time touring the Christmas decorations in the different resorts. That, coupled with some signature dining, should keep us quite busy. Oh yeah - I also want to visit Celebration Florida and perhaps do a segway tour there. It's half the price of a Disney segway tour.

So there it is folks, my future plans.

I guess that's a rap! Thanks so much for following my TR. I really appreciate each and every visit and comment. You guys are the BEST!!!!!!!

See ya around the boards!

Mary Ellen

I love that cup from AK! If I see it, I'm buying it! I LOVE Disney mugs! :lovestruc

Cute bathing suit! :thumbsup2 And flip flops, I love the mush flip flops, although, they gave me a blister the first night we were there in November, which was strange, because I never had a problem before! :confused3

Sounds like you have a lot of fun trips coming up! I can't believe you're going to do a non park trip! :eek: I don't think I could ever be so close to Disney and NOT go to the parks! :laughing:

How did I miss that mug when I was at AK? It's so cute!
Love the new suit too.
Thank you so much for sharing your trip and life and pictures with us. It was wonderful and I will be looking for your next TR!!
come visit mine!!! The new link is in my sig. (the one without a title yet!)

I have been reading along... just bad at commenting. I loved all your pictures and most of all know I want to do some hopping to swim at The GF someday.

Your trips sound fantastic... and I for one totally can imagine a ticket free park free trip in December. There is indeed so much to do, plus the Christmas party ticket gets you a taste anyway!

Mary Ellen, I am in love with your Animal Kingdom mug!!! I so need one just like it!!!

Pretty new bathing suit -- I almost bought those exact same Teva Mushes. :laughing:

All of your upcoming trips sound like a lot of fun! I can't wait to hear about all of them and see what gorgeous pictures you take while you are in the Lowcountry! :lovestruc

Best of luck to Brian! I hope whatever he decides turns out to be the best thing for him and your family! :goodvibes

Your upcoming trips all sound wonderful! I'll be looking forward to all the amazing photographs! :)

LOVE that mug! Super cute. Your new bag will be perfect for sherpa'ing around the parks. ;) Cute bathing suit and I bought the very same tevas so we'll be twins! :laughing:

Glad you're enjoying the iphone. :thumbsup2

Fingers crossed Brian chooses Salisbury.... sounds like the perfect choice.

All your future trips look great. I think a non-park trip would be fun. I'd be especially interested in hearing about Celebration!

Lastly, you have a packing pile for May already? I'd better get moving. I have sworn to myself I will not be packing the night before. :rolleyes1

I love this mug!!

I have to say, I think a non-park vacation sounds cool. I do love Disney but there are a lot of other things in the area that can keep you busy for a trip as well. It's not like you won't be back!

Sorry to say, my plans for a Christmas trip have been changed :guilty: Greg didn't like the idea of the boys and I taking a trip without him so we are doing a summer trip instead. Yes, it will be hot and crowded but we are staying for 15 nights so we'll have plenty of time to take it slow :banana: Hopefully we'll have trips that cross again someday!

I love that cup from AK! If I see it, I'm buying it! I LOVE Disney mugs! :lovestruc

Isn't it cute? As soon as I saw it I knew it was MINE!

Cute bathing suit! :thumbsup2 And flip flops, I love the mush flip flops, although, they gave me a blister the first night we were there in November, which was strange, because I never had a problem before! :confused3

Thanks!

I love the mush flip flops. They were so comfortable in September. I knew I had to get another pair.

Sorry about the blister. I am usually the blister queen.

Sounds like you have a lot of fun trips coming up! I can't believe you're going to do a non park trip! :eek: I don't think I could ever be so close to Disney and NOT go to the parks! :laughing:

I am looking forward to all my upcoming trips.

Yeah - I know a non-park trip sounds crazy, but I have been to Disney so many times I have lost count. And because my trips always have to be so short I never get a chance for side trips. That's why I thought it would be fun since we both need park passes. And I have NEVER been to sea world. Crazy!

How did I miss that mug when I was at AK? It's so cute!
Love the new suit too.

Thanks. I almost missed that mug myself. I only saw it in one shop in AK so I don't think there are a ton of them.

Thank you so much for sharing your trip and life and pictures with us. It was wonderful and I will be looking for your next TR!!
come visit mine!!! The new link is in my sig. (the one without a title yet!)

I can't wait to read all about your fabulous trip and thank you so much for joining me on my TR!

I have been reading along... just bad at commenting. I loved all your pictures and most of all know I want to do some hopping to swim at The GF someday.

Thanks so much for following my TR. I'm glad you enjoyed it and the pictures. Oh - and you MUST pool hop to the GF. It's so fun. But the best news is that the inside scoop says that GF will be the location of a new DVC. How great is that?

Your trips sound fantastic... and I for one totally can imagine a ticket free park free trip in December. There is indeed so much to do, plus the Christmas party ticket gets you a taste anyway!

That's what I was thinking. We are only there 5 nights so if we spend one night at MK, one day at a water park, one or two days at Sea World and some time in Celebration - that's a wrap. I want to focus on the relaxation part of the trip and I would like to plan some nice siggie meals.

Mary Ellen, I am in love with your Animal Kingdom mug!!! I so need one just like it!!!

Well, if I see one a the AK I will get it for you since you are skipping this year! I'll make sure we all keep our eyes open for it, but I know exactly where I got it so keep your fingers crossed.

Pretty new bathing suit -- I almost bought those exact same Teva Mushes. :laughing:

I didn't even realize that they matched because I ordered them separately. I saw so many cute mushes on Amazon, but so few in my size.

All of your upcoming trips sound like a lot of fun! I can't wait to hear about all of them and see what gorgeous pictures you take while you are in the Lowcountry! :lovestruc

I can't wait to take pictures on my HH trip. It will be so fun. I am really getting excited for that trip, even though, at first, I was bummed that we weren't going to Disney.

Best of luck to Brian! I hope whatever he decides turns out to be the best thing for him and your family! :goodvibes

Thank you. I hope it all works out for him, but I explained to him that if he does well, but doesn't like his choice, he can always transfer to U of D. Funny, all of a sudden he wants to go to Delaware, but originally didn't want anything to do with it. :rolleyes1

Your upcoming trips all sound wonderful! I'll be looking forward to all the amazing photographs! :)

Thanks. I am really blessed to have so many great trips to look forward to.

LOVE that mug! Super cute. Your new bag will be perfect for sherpa'ing around the parks. ;) Cute bathing suit and I bought the very same tevas so we'll be twins! :laughing:

Thanks. That mug is getting quite popular. And I am very happy with my new bag. It's got a lot of nice organization features (which I definitely need).

I can't believe we have the same tevas. Well, you know what they say about great minds.....:rolleyes1

Glad you're enjoying the iphone. :thumbsup2

Fingers crossed Brian chooses Salisbury.... sounds like the perfect choice.

I :love::love::love: my iphone.

AND....I hope Brian picks Salisbury. He knows he needs to decide, but at the same time he doesn't want to make a decision.

L
All your future trips look great. I think a non-park trip would be fun. I'd be especially interested in hearing about Celebration!

It it was a longer trip, I wouldn't even consider a non park trip. But with 5 nights I am up for the challenge of trying something different. We'll see. We can always change our plans at the last minute.

Lastly, you have a packing pile for May already? I'd better get moving. I have sworn to myself I will not be packing the night before. :rolleyes1

I get too stressed if I wait until the last minute. I do for every other trip, but I like to be prepacked for Disney. I'm not sure why. It's just one of my little quirks! :laughing:
I love this mug!!

Thanks! :thumbsup2

I have to say, I think a non-park vacation sounds cool. I do love Disney but there are a lot of other things in the area that can keep you busy for a trip as well. It's not like you won't be back!

Exactly and I have been there so many times. It's not that I'm sick of Disney. But maybe it's better to defer our AP purchase until our NEXT trip and do something different. We'll see if I can actually do it. :rolleyes1

Sorry to say, my plans for a Christmas trip have been changed :guilty: Greg didn't like the idea of the boys and I taking a trip without him so we are doing a summer trip instead. Yes, it will be hot and crowded but we are staying for 15 nights so we'll have plenty of time to take it slow :banana: Hopefully we'll have trips that cross again someday!

Wait! Are you going this summer???? 15 nights????? :woohoo: That is sooooooo fabulous. You will have a great time. I can't wait to hear about all your plans!!!!!

The swim suit is so cute & the Tevas will look so cool with it. I wear the flip flops from LLBean & just love them.

I love getting new clothes for vacation.

The swim suit is so cute & the Tevas will look so cool with it. I wear the flip flops from LLBean & just love them.

I love getting new clothes for vacation.

thanks! I like brown suits because I actually think my skin tone looks better in brown than any other color. Weird!

Getting new clothes for vacation is the best!!!!! That's why I love the late summer sales. I snatch up everything I can find! :laughing:

I have those same Tevas also so we will be triplets!!! :rotfl2: I bought them last year and love the brown and hot pink combination!! :thumbsup2

I think you and Denny could have a great time not going to the parks. I think it would be hard for me at first but I can totally see doing it ::yes::

Love your new bathing suit and the colors too :thumbsup2 It's all ready for SAB! :yay:

Tracy

I have those same Tevas also so we will be triplets!!! :rotfl2: I bought them last year and love the brown and hot pink combination!! :thumbsup2

That is TOO funny. We will all have to wear them together! We needed matching outfits now. :rotfl: (just kidding) ;)

I think you and Denny could have a great time not going to the parks. I think it would be hard for me at first but I can totally see doing it ::yes::

I think the problem with planning a non- park trip is there are almost too many other things to do. for example - should we go to Sea World (which we have never done) or Universal (which we haven't done in forever)? Do we also go to KSC? We went there in 2006 and loved it and I have wanted to go back ever since. There's so many options and so little time on a 5 night trip!

Love your new bathing suit and the colors too :thumbsup2 It's all ready for SAB! :yay:

Tracy

Thanks! Can't wait for SAB!!!!!!

Great wrap up my friend!

I love both the mugs...I have the Mickey one like your Donald one and the matching cream and sugar which sits on my stove all the time:lovestruc It reminds me every morning that I go to work to pay for my addiction:laughing:

Great bathing suit and cover up...and I have to say I love the idea of taking tags off their and wearing stuff for the first time...I am so doing that this year:banana:

Can't wait for your next reports:hug:

Great wrap up my friend!

Thank!

I love both the mugs...I have the Mickey one like your Donald one and the matching cream and sugar which sits on my stove all the time:lovestruc It reminds me every morning that I go to work to pay for my addiction:laughing:

Wait? They have matching cream and sugar containers to go with the mugs???? I did not know that. I guess I will be looking for those this trip. Plus, I think I still need to goofy mug to make the set. We use our Disney mugs all the time - everyone does - me, Denny, and Brian. They just feel right filled with hot coffee. I hate when they are all dirty. :laughing:

Great bathing suit and cover up...and I have to say I love the idea of taking tags off their and wearing stuff for the first time...I am so doing that this year:banana:

Isn't it the best? :rotfl:
:rotfl::rotfl:

Can't wait for your next reports:hug:

I can't wait to get started on that one either. I figure Melissa and Cynthia are still working on their current TRs, Tracy doesn't write TRs, Jen is working on her summer PTR, and I'm not sure about Christine. It may be me with the most free time to get it rollin'!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter