In your opinion what is the most UNDERrated thing in WDW?

Definitely Mickey's Philharmagic, we love it! Also the show in the France pavilion. Those types of theater shows are great, you actually feel like you're moving on them!

Tiki Room... the new/old version
Country Bears
People Mover
Grand Fiesta... this used to be just a sit-down-cool-off ride for me, but the last time I did it I realized it holds a very nostalgic place in my heart
Swiss Family... my planned retirement home
Flights of Wonder
Space Ship Earth... also love the smell of Rome burning and frequently choose other languages
Living with the Land

Last edited:
The second floor balcony of the Pinocchio Village Haus is probably the most under-rated and best place to eat a meal, IMO. It looks out over all of Fantasyland and the castle and isn't very busy, even on crazy crowded days. For some reason, eating up here is one of the most magical moments in our trips. Just being able to hear the music and peoplewatch is amazing, and I'm surprised that this isn't more popular of a spot!

The second floor balcony of the Pinocchio Village Haus is probably the most under-rated and best place to eat a meal, IMO. It looks out over all of Fantasyland and the castle and isn't very busy, even on crazy crowded days. For some reason, eating up here is one of the most magical moments in our trips. Just being able to hear the music and peoplewatch is amazing, and I'm surprised that this isn't more popular of a spot!

Will you PLEASE be quiet?!?!

To anyone reading this the balcony does not exist and never has. Please do not try to find it.

(1) Sci-Fi Diner - best dining experience (by a wide margin) on our last trip. Good burgers, cool atmosphere, dark and quiet for kids napping

(2) Monorail - When the thing is working, VASTLY superior to the buses especially if you have kids in strollers. Justified the cost of the Poly right off the bat.

(3) Memory Maker - Tons of photographers everywhere, all ride photos and includes everyone in your party. We came back with like 1500 photos and I never had to worry about not being in the pictures (which is normal for our vacations). Unfortunately, Disney figured this out and just raised the price.

I'm seeing a lot of things I think are underrated are also favorites of many others! In no particular order: PeopleMover, Carousel of Progress, Tiki Room, and Gran Fiesta Tour. Many of these hold special memories for me of when I'd go with my now-deceased grandma who was also a huge Disney fan and who I credit for my deep love of Disney.

Non-attraction I'd have to say a lot of the finer dining and really just taking time to stop, maybe with a nice pastry or drink and just listening to the birds and watching the world (or World?) go by. As I have been fortunate to begin to take many trips as I've entered my 20s, it's something I really appreciate now. It's so relaxing to me to sit in World Showcase with a chocolate croissant and Grey Goose slushie and just feel the breeze!

Waking up at the crack of dawn on your first full day because you're too excited to stay asleep. Throwing on some clothes and strolling around the resort while nearly everyone but the CM's are still asleep, taking in the details built into the resort grounds and breathing that muggy Florida air when it's still cool enough to be pleasant on your skin. I like early mornings like that at home, too, though, and I think the link to WDW in my mind started when I was a CM there and I'd get scheduled for 6AM-2PM laundry shifts -- arriving at the parks at the crack of dawn and knowing that I was there getting things set up so the magic could happen for everyone who was still sleeping always felt special, even if the magic wore off a little when I got in and had to actually get to work. It's that anticipation, though, the calm before the day.

Lots of posts that reminded me of other things, though!

The Carousel. From the time my daughter was very young even until today (she is 19), she has always loved carousels. We have ridden dozens all over the world. But the one in the MK is truly a marvel. Big. Beautiful. Always in great shape. And with Disney music playing on the calliope. It can easily be overlooked as "just a carousel" but in context, it is so much more compared to others.

I had never ridden the carousel at WDW before our last trip in 2015, but I was really glad that we went on it then! I think it especially helped that we rode the Seuss carousel at Islands of Adventure earlier in the trip and found the animals incredibly uncomfortable to sit upon. I was glad we took the time to ride the one at MK.

Animal Kingdom.

I can't count how many posts about how it's a half day park, help me like Animal Kingdom, can we skip Animal Kingdom, etc.

This. When I was there on the College Program and would visit on my days off, I found myself gravitating toward AK more often than not. I can see how one would want to skip through/past it if one were focused just on riding as many attractions as possible, but when you take the time to explore the place, watch the shows, and take in the atmosphere, it's one of the best places on property. At least, in my opinion.

Another one I have not seen mentioned here is the magnificent film in the France pavilion, Impressions de France. Yes, the shots of the people in 1970s clothes feels outdated, but the marvelous cinematography and soundtrack with works by Saint-Saens, Debussy and others is sublime.

Yessss. That 2009 College Program was when I finally took the time to view all the films in Epcot, and Impressions de France came out on top for me. The wraparound theater hits the immersive factor without being overwhelming like CircleVision (...plus you can sit down), and the film itself is one of the best ones in the park.

I was just fixing to say the same thing. Most of our experiences using the buses are great but we only remember the bad experiences. Usually the drivers are very nice and colorful. And their stories are so.....

I recall one bus ride on Disney property when the driver turned the trip into a game show. He'd ask questions, call on passengers, and flash all the different interior lights if you got it right.

After seeing it get slapped down a lot in the other thread, I think Fantasmic is underrated. Our last trip was the first visit to WDW for my GF and it was her favorite thing there. In fact, she loved the show so much I still catch her singing some of the music to herself now (over a year later). Awesome show that definitely has that Disney magic.

I almost feel like I can't comment on Fantasmic anymore because I'm biased from having worked backstage there. I think my mom didn't get why I insisted we had to watch it when we went in 2015, since I spent something like four months hearing/watching/working on it from backstage multiple times per week...but I do love that show. The water curtain projections drag on a little for me when I'm watching from the audience, but even knowing how everything in the show is done I still get caught up in the illusions.

Also... dare I say it's underrated... It's a Small World. I find so many people hate on the attraction, yet to me it's part the "heart" of Disney, and a must-do on every trip.

I unironically love It's a Small World. I wouldn't ride it over and over or anything, but I insist on riding it at least once every trip and I legitimately enjoy seeing all the different areas of the ride.

Character meet and greets - especially ones like Gaston and the step sisters
The friendliness of other guests
The resort swimming pools

The most under rated thing in WDW? Easy...

The CMs. They are a huge part of what makes Disney magical. The things they put up with from rude/crude/nasty guests (I can't lie and say I've NEVER been frustrated even once) and still go about spreading pixie dust is simply amazing. pixiedust:

They deserve a ton of appreciation.

We were at Epcot yesterday, and I would like to nominate Pixar Short Film Festival. I loved all three shorts, and there were little special effects similar to Phil harmagic. Loved it!

Wow! Thank you! I didn't even though this spot existed!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter