In Your Opinion What Are the Best Week(s) to Visit in February or March 2020?

Christin82

Mouseketeer
Hello! We are planning to visit DLR on a Tuesday thru Thursday in either February or March.

1. What special events are going on during those months that would increase crowds?

2. What refurbishments are likely to be planned during this time?

3. If you had to pick, which week would be our best bet?

Thanks in advance!

We have visited during the last week of February multiple times (it's our wedding anniversary) and it's a preferred time to visit for us. It's a hard call on refurbishments as that seems to rotate as to which attractions might be down during that time (no regular ones during that time period, though).

The weather's generally pretty good, but you could have some rain (we got dumped on once, but that's it).

I would also say late February. It’s after the holiday. There’s also a cheer competition in the middle of the month. March is hard to figure out because spring break crowds vary

My last trip was around Valentine's day and it was a little bit of a crowd increase but it still wasn't terrible at all and they had Cinderella's carriage out for photopass pictures. Also had special desserts on the dessert party buffet which honestly made our night.

Hello! We are planning to visit DLR on a Tuesday thru Thursday in either February or March.

1. What special events are going on during those months that would increase crowds?

2. What refurbishments are likely to be planned during this time?

3. If you had to pick, which week would be our best bet?

Thanks in advance!
February is a fine time to go.
I'd choose the last week of February for your trip. It's after Valentine Day and Presidents day.
The first week on March 2020 is Natural Product Expo West. Then St.Patrick's Day and all the Spring Breaks.

I would avoid the last week of March because of SPRING BREAKS.
Go in February and wear a Disneyland Sweatshirt if you're cold.
You'll have a better time.

Geemo
As someone who absolutely can’t stand the cold weather, I agree with this! Just bundle up! March crowds are rough! I went on my birthday (end of March) and the park was insane!

Food & Wine Festival in DCA usually starts in March, so if that is of any interest, look at visiting that month. Crowds can be heavier on the weekends for the festival because it draws locals to that park.

For me, it would be the last week in March because I do not like cold weather. With that said, I would go to Disneyland any chance I get.

I have honestly not found it cold in Anaheim in late February when we've gone save for very early mornings and night-time. This is coming from someone who lives in the Las Vegas area and is a total weenie about being cold, too. I bring a light jacket or thin sweatshirt for the aforementioned times and all is well.

As Geemo mentioned, Mar 3-7, 2020 is the Natural Product Expo over that Anaheim Convention Center. It might not necessarily have a noticeable impact on the parks (although it is a huge convention), but it will probably mean higher hotel prices in the surrounding area.

Given that your schedule is flexible, I'd also probably shy away from the week after Presidents' Day (Feb 17) because some schools get a mid-winter break and might opt to tie it into the trip. The upside to that week, is there might be longer hours and more entertainment if DLR thinks that the crowds will be higher than "normal" for non-peak season.

Otherwise, as others have said, the later you get into March, the more likely you are to encounter Spring Break crowds. Spring Break "season" typically starts in mid-to-early March and runs through mid-April (spring break isn't a specific week - it's scattered throughout March and April depending on school district). That being said, Spring Break "season" typically means longer hours and more evening entertainment.

F&W has been starting in early March lately and running through April. They've also offered the Egg-Stravaganza in the weeks leading up to Easter. You're best chance at experiencing both of these is to aim for late March (Easter is April 12, 2020). They probably won't announce the Egg-Stravaganza until much closer to Easter, but F&W dates might come out sometime towards the end of this year.

Personally, I'd probably try for late March. Despite the crowds, I like F&W, the Egg-Stravaganza, longer operating hours, and more entertainment.

In terms of refurbishments, there really aren't that many consistent closures (other than to install or remove ride overlays). I'd hazard to guess that probably one of the water rides (Splash or Grizzly) will likely be down during the winter months, but that's really just a guess.

Yes, one of the water rides is usually down (it's mostly been GRR for us) during late February.

Watching this thread.

We’re looking at a (very) quick trip around the same time period. I think we’re leaning towards mid-March at this point. We’ll be visiting my parents in Palm Springs so are thinking we’ll drive down early one morning, stay one night and then drive back the following evening. I could see the later hours of later March being a definite bonus.

If you go the second week of February I will be there so Splash Mountain will likely be closed-you see no matter when I go in the last 5 years splash has been closed.

I went to WDW in October...splash closed. I have been to DLR in September and October...splash was closed. I have been to DLR in March for spring break...splash was closed.

So if you go when I go, let me forewarn you that I am cursed when it comes to Splash Mountain. :sad2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!