In the spirit of the ‘busiest travel time of the year’

debster812

<font color=blue>DIS Earth Angel!<br><font color=0
Hi Folks,

Some of the old timers will know that I have a rather, shall we say, interesting travel history. Basically, if something could go wrong with our travels, it usually did. This year, DH, DS and I are spending Thanksgiving on Marco Island. DH and I fly out on Sunday from BOS-RSW, very, very early in the morning. Our plane will already be there, so we ‘should’ be OK. DS is flying down Wednesday night, after his last class. If he can get himself to Logan quickly, we may try to switch him to a same day change, or standby with JetBlue, as he’s not scheduled to land until 12:36am!!!

We’ll see how we all make out, but as I just heard that ‘experts’ were predicting this to be the busiest Thanksgiving travel period EVER, I suspect we’ll have a bump or two in the road.

So, as a reminder to everyone who’s traveling hither and yon. Pack your patience, lines will be long. Be ready to go with the flow, and have a snack or two in your carry one (an old friend always recommended REALLY good chocolate).

Be prepared with airline phone numbers pre-programmed into your phone, and it certainly doesn’t hurt to be on hold with the airline, as you’re waiting in line.

Power outlets will be at a premium at most airports, I suspect. If you don’t have one, pick up an external charger. Worth it’s weight in gold to not have to stalk outlets, or sit on the floor next to an outlet.

Safe and uneventful travels to all of us!

And whatever you do, DON'T take the same flights as the debster family¡!!!!!!!!!!!!!! In fact, try to avoid Logan altogether Sunday morning!

Oh no! My DD is flying out of Logan tomorrow (but not in the morning she is running a 10k first). My other DD is flying out of Oakland, and may be delayed due to smoke. DH and I are flying out of PIT, not expecting any problems here.

My DS is not making this trip, but he always has horrible issues with flight delays. Last year at Christmas was the worst getting home and back from Seattle.

I had to use my external phone charger yesterday as our power was out most of the day, so it is all charged up and ready to go.

Quick update:

Loagan Express from Braintree took us 23 minutes from pulling away, to getting off the bus. Of course, we were on the 3:30AM bus, so traffic was really a non issue.

Spent about 35 minutes to get through security at Logan (we do NOT have Pre-Check)

Plane was boarded quickly, and was probably only about half full. Pushed away from the gate, and that’s where my travel luck came to get us. We sat on the tarmac for about 35 minutes while they reset one of the computers.

We did not seem to make up any of the time in the air, but we did get to Fort Myers just a bit before 10am.

It’s now 8:40, we’ve been up since 2:15AM and it feels like it’s MIDNIGHT!!!!!

Worth it all...
the weather is Beautiful here in Paradise! Enjoy!

It is indeed!!!! So, our travel delay luck continued. DS goes to school in Framingham, and there is a Logan Express about 10 minutes from his dorm. The plan was he would drive there, leave his car, and take the bus to the airport. I got a call yesterday, “Uh, mom, I’m at the Logan Express, but the parking is full”. So, he scooted back to school, left his car in his regular spot, let them know, and had a friend shoot him back to the Express. If none of his friends were around, he was going to Uber or Lyft back.

He only took about 30 minutes from hitting the curb to being through security, so that was not bad. (Carry on only). Then, his flight was delayed nearly an hour.....got him in the car right around 1am, and got back onto Marco Island by just a little before 2.

So, once again, we all made it, but with a few bumps in the road. It is to be expected when traveling over holiday periods, and it’s nothing that could not be overcome

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter