In terms of food: Liberty Tree Tavern or Tony's?

Princess Amy

Nurse by day. Disney Princess by night.
We have an ADR at Yacht Club Galley for lunch. But now I'm leaning towards one of the two mentioned above. YCG seems blah and figured eating in the MK would be more exciting.

We do not want to travel to a resort and we are already eating at CP another time.

So in terms of food, which one is better?

The food at both location is rather heavy, I guess it all depends on what you like... LTT is more thanksgiving foods while Tony's is great Italian... personally? I prefer Tony's, I love the food and scenery. But both are great choices!

LTT is very similar to T-giving meals. If you want alot of food I would go there. I would say Tony's is mediocre Italian food. LTT has characters, Tony's has more character.
They are both fun. If you flip a coin you don't lose on these.
Have fun

LTT does not have characters at lunch. Its actually decent there - it does have thanksgiving type items, but also more standard american fare like fried cheese, salads, sandwiches.

Tony's is decent for lunch too.

I can let you know when I get back from my trip at the end of the month; I'll be having lunch at LTT and dinner at Tony's. LTT's lunch menu is more varied than the dinner buffet; Tony's lunch and dinner menus are pretty similar by comparison.

Tony's has windows... you can look out onto the town square. Their desert is great.

LTT... is good for dinner. If you like cranberry sauce at Thanksgiving, be sure to ask for it.

it depends on what you like. LTT is a turkey day dinner and Tony's is italian. just depends on what you like. both have good food and both have a personable feel to them.

We prefer the food at LTT, Tony's is dreadfully overpriced mediocre Americanized Italian. Put it this way: over $70 for a plate of spaghetti, a seafood pasta dish and two kids pizzas :eek:

We just got back and ate at both places. Tony's gets a bad rap we had a great dinner at Tony's one of the best meals of our trip. The service was top notch as well. I'm Italian as well. YUM! The kids loved their meals as well.

We also did LTT on another evening and as usual we enjoyed the food there as well. Like other have said it depends upon your preference of the type of food you want. Of course LTT at dinner is a Character meal. The character interaction was great. The characters visited our table several times not just once.

Both were good just pick what type of food you want! Enjoy!

I love LTT for lunch. The crab cake appetizer is wonderful! It’s the main reason I go there so often. LLT for lunch is completely different than it is for dinner. Their lunch menu has a good variety, whereas that dinner menu doesn’t, but it is a character meal.

Tony’s is okay. Their steak is pretty good, but most of their Italian dishes are pretty bland.

Tony's was where we had dinner before the MVMCP last December. The food was just ok. Spaghetti is what you'd expect from Olive Garden or Fazolli's. Not a varied menu Go with LTT for lunch and you'll have good choices

Tony's had a very good salmon dish on their menu when I was there last year before MVMCP. The service was very good, and the atmoshere is very cute. Romantic (in a Disney way). It's also nice to dine on Main Street. We have ADR's there again this year, if that says anything.

LTT I haven't had yet (will be having dinner there this year) but I understand it is good as well. I understood that there are no characters at lunch, if that matters to you.

I really think either one is fun, and don't think you can go wrong either way.

Enjoy!

If you are going at lunch go to LTT the food at lunch time is great, great salad and sandwiches.

We just got back and ate at both places. Tony's gets a bad rap we had a great dinner at Tony's one of the best meals of our trip.

I have never eaten at LTT (have it booked on my upcoming trip) but I really think that Tony's is a lot nicer than most people give it credit for. I love the atmosphere (Huge Lady and the Tramp movie fan) and although I did have one yucky lunch, I still enjoyed everything else and had an even better time my second trip there! It also was less crowded on my second trip which was super nice to just relax and look out the windows. :)

Our past 3 trips, we have gone to LTT for lunch and this trip we have plans to do the same. As other posts have said, you don't HAVE to have Thanksgiving dinner AKA the "Pilgrim's Feast" as it is called on the menu. There are plenty of other options including sandwiches and burgers. Also my mom and boyfriend RAVE about the iced tea - say it is the best in WDW outside of maybe the tea stand in AK. :rotfl:

As for Tony's, went once for dinner... food was not good IMO and it's a far trek back down main street for a midday meal unless you plan to leave the park right after lunch. :confused:

You guys are of no help:rotfl: A lot of people say LTT and a lot of people say Tony's. Either choice we make are for dinner.

Which one would celebrate a birthday better? My son will be turning 6.

I say Crystal Palace IMO because it is a character lunch and they would go crazy over a b-day celebration, plus you get a variety more so than you would at Tony's or LTT. Only difference is its NOT table service.
Either way Have Fun!
pirate: pirate:

I never miss a chance to go to LTT. It is one of my favorites. They do serve the traditional type Thanksgiving dinner, but they also have beef and ham with it. The characters at night are fun too. I liked Tony's, but much prefer the food at LTT, and at night the characters are out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter