In Search of My Body vol.9 - I Get By With A Little Help From My Friends

Karen. Yes, shoes. The ONLY thing to do is go to a running specialty store near you. NOT a chain. You have to be custom fit for the right shoe for you. It makes all the difference.

Oh and by the way, I am a vegetarian too, though not vegan. It will be nice to have someone else around here who gets grossed out by dead animal flesh! Ha!

My bar guess is that nothing in the Asics line will be quite right for you. I just got the 2011 running shoe guide so I will look stuff up for high arches and supination. But again...get thee to a running store! And tell them about your knees, too. I have no ACL on the left. Blew it out a couple of years ago for the third time and decided not to have it repaired again. The rehab us brutal. Anyway, I run 25 miles a week on it with no issues at all.

Hi Everyone!

Fly-by from me whilst you are all sleeping! I have to go food shopping today - normally I would leave it till tomorrow but theres not a lot you can do with 4 olives, milk and sweet chili sauce :rotfl2:

Karen - You have fit in so well, I like! Oh, and don't let E fool you - she is a running energizer buddy goddess and also part vampire.

Lisa - Good news for both Mum and Dad :hug: Oh, and I love that its Jeans birthday on Superbowl Sunday! DH will be so jealous :rotfl2:

E - Rum and snow? Awesome!

Ronda, EE, Amy, Kat, Meg, Jo, Nancy, Paula, Rob, Everyone - Hi!

Karen. Yes, shoes. The ONLY thing to do is go to a running specialty store near you. NOT a chain. You have to be custom fit for the right shoe for you. It makes all the difference.

Oh and by the way, I am a vegetarian too, though not vegan. It will be nice to have someone else around here who gets grossed out by dead animal flesh! Ha!

My bar guess is that nothing in the Asics line will be quite right for you. I just got the 2011 running shoe guide so I will look stuff up for high arches and supination. But again...get thee to a running store! And tell them about your knees, too. I have no ACL on the left. Blew it out a couple of years ago for the third time and decided not to have it repaired again. The rehab us brutal. Anyway, I run 25 miles a week on it with no issues at all.

Yay for veggieheads! My dd is a vegetarian as well, has been since she was 7 and made the choice herself when she realized the turkey's that we were petsitting were the same "turkey" that people eat! Oh yes, I'm a petsitter, I'll have to tell you girls (and guy?) all about that as well sometime!

I actually became a vegan for health reasons b/c I blow up like a balloon when I eat dairy and meat usually. 10-15 pounds within a day or so, it sucks! Probably why I've been overweight most my life, but Dr.'s don't have any explanation, just tell me not everyone is skinny and I don't have thyroid issues, etc. I think I just don't burn fat (or food) very well. When I run, I lose VERY slowly, so at least I lose!

I'm wearing Adidas right now and they are like rocks on my feet. Oh, and the verdict is in b/c I just woke up and my feet hurt from walking in the kayanos yesterday. I'll have to see if I can find a place to go, they didn't know what they were talking about at the local shop here! This is a pretty normal theme out here.

Oh man, there goes the rambling again. I don't want to annoy anyone (yet!) with yamming on too much! :lmao:

Hi Everyone!

Fly-by from me whilst you are all sleeping! I have to go food shopping today - normally I would leave it till tomorrow but theres not a lot you can do with 4 olives, milk and sweet chili sauce :rotfl2:

Karen - You have fit in so well, I like! Oh, and don't let E fool you - she is a running energizer buddy goddess and also part vampire.

Lisa - Good news for both Mum and Dad :hug: Oh, and I love that its Jeans birthday on Superbowl Sunday! DH will be so jealous :rotfl2:

E - Rum and snow? Awesome!

Ronda, EE, Amy, Kat, Meg, Jo, Nancy, Paula, Rob, Everyone - Hi!

Rhonda, we may be chatting buddies most days as I have a crazy sleeping schedule and can rarely get myself to sleep past 4am! Normally I would have been up when you posted this morning, but I slept in to 5 this morning. ;) At least I'll be bright eyed and bushy tailed for my Disney races! :goodvibes

Nancy, I'm starting to research New Balance now...and by "research" I mean google and Amazon reviews, of course! :laughing:

Good Morning All

Nancy, Captin Snow Cone. Love It!! Sorry your not drinking. Hey in less than 30 days we will all be hammered at disney. HA HA.
I have to say that so I keep reminding myself

by the way, my leg HURT, my knees and akiles heal (I know I did not spell the right)

Today is going to be a busy day. We have church mass today, softball meeting and now.. Alaina is sick again, Fever over 100 all night. I am sure its her ears AGAIN, but being Sunday I don't know where to take her. I may have to take her to the Walgreens walk in clinic. That poor girl. I can't wait til she get those tubes..

Have a fantastic Sunday..

Kat, drive safe home

Kelly, hows your aunt, is she still doing C25K.. I thought of here when I was doing my run yesterday :goodvibes

Jo, sorry to hear you have fever and more ear issues this morning. Two of my three kids had ear infections when they were younger(actually, my 10 year old still has some problems occasionally) the oldest had tubes twice when he was little b/c they just kept coming back! Frustrating and hard to see them in pain. Ear pain is the worst. Ugh.

Morning! Page 200--Woot! :cool1:

Karen...ok, so when do you normally wake up? 4am? WOW. I am usually heading to bed around 1:30 or so. And I get up at 6. It's a vampire thing. :lmao:

Seriously, though, the more I read, the more I learn about the link between getting enough sleep and weight loss. I'm pretty sure that this is the reason I don't lose even when I do everything right (which is not right now, for sure). So my New Year's resolution was to work on getting to bed at a decent hour.

Short run scheduled for today, phew! 4-miler. I was going to run it for time, but I am re-thinking that. No need to risk injury this close to the Princess. OMG, remember how injured I was during last year's race? I was taking vicodin DURING the race! :scared1:

Yep, 4am. Sometimes I wake up at 3am! BUT, this causes me to force myself to stay up in the evening, I'm usually ready for bed by 8pm! :laughing: Rey (my husband) says that by the time I'm 40 (ahem, a little over 2 years) I'll be eating dinner at 1 in the afternoon and going to bed for the night at 3pm! I have no idea why I'm like this, I cannot stay up at night for the life of me, but then I sleep very little and I'm up and ready for the day before it's even begun!

I always thought that my lack of sleep my hinder my weightloss b/c I'm UP more hours than most people, so I would eat more, right? I can't eat when I'm sleeping...well...I guess I could sleepwalk, but that wouldn't be any fun. ;)

Kelly, hows your aunt, is she still doing C25K.. I thought of here when I was doing my run yesterday :goodvibes

She is still doing it! She amazes me, never gives up that woman! Shes doing it for fitness rather than to run a 5K, although there is talk of her doing the Race for Life with us in July which is a 5K run - many people do walk it though as its for a very good cause!

Karen...ok, so when do you normally wake up? 4am? WOW. I am usually heading to bed around 1:30 or so. And I get up at 6. It's a vampire thing. :lmao:

Im normally up at 6am but I do go to bed anything from 10.30pm-Midnight depending how I feel!
Karen, I told you E was part vampire! :rotfl2:

Karen she is scheduled for tube an adnoides in 3 weeks
E i have been taking alive while I run.

Just sitting waiting to see the nurse yuk. Dh had to take alexa to her mass

Welcome Karen! I am Kat, 34, married/no kids, and I love hockey, hence the HockeyKat. I also play hockey, sing in a local choir, and attempt running (poorly), My day job is pretty stressful and lately I seem to travel a lot.

Shoes. I have huge wide feet as well (would be 10.5-11 in running shoes), and I switched to men's shoes. Best decision I ever made. My feet are completely flat, though, and I am an overpronator, so I am in GEL-2150s.

Lisa, glad for the father staying put, boo on the delay, yay on the house selling!

Jo, ROCK STAR on the 11.5.

We got back from WDW last night. Fri was a great day... Got to MK around noon, rode Big Thunder, Pirates, Haunted Mansion, Space (twice), Buzz, TTC, Carousel of Progress, Philharmagic, Small World, and ate lunch at Pecos Bill, and were at the Monorail by 4:30. Into Epcot, rode Soarin' with the FPs from the day before, then back to the resort to change. Dinner at Narcoosee's w/ Wishes, which was a great finish to the week.

Hi Kat! :goodvibes See, you make my job easy by putting your name in your screen name...why didn't any of the rest of us think of that??? Then again, you have a cool name and can pull it off. ;)

Your day sounds divine!! You packed a lot into that last day! :thumbsup2

Nice and easy 4-miler in the books.

I'm toying with the idea of upping my runs to 5x/week. I have been doing 4x forever and am stagnant. Not sure if 5 will be too much. Jeff has always run 6 without issue. Then again, I would need motivation to increase my running...:rolleyes1

I'm toying with the idea of upping my runs to 5x/week. I have been doing 4x forever and am stagnant. Not sure if 5 will be too much. Jeff has always run 6 without issue. Then again, I would need motivation to increase my running...:rolleyes1

I, on the other hand, am looking at decreasing my cardio. Significantly. I'm a cardio-aholic :laughing: Honestly -my body is addicted to it. But, I need to cut back on my cardio and do some serious strength training. It's the only way that I can get rid of my excess fat and get to where I feel good and not blow up like a balloon after the first "off plan" meal.

Of course, this little thing called the Princess 1/2 marathon is putting a crimp in those plans. Tomorrow I'm scheduled for 10 miles. Hardly what I'd call "low cardio".

I spent today shopping for fabric with my good friend and costume cohort. Now the *real* fun begins. Tons to do. :laughing:

Ooooh, I can't wait to see costumes! I'm hoping you will all want to do the Princess 1/2 next year when I'm ready! ;)

I'm getting really frustrated with my knees. I haven't run since Wednesday, I was trying to rest, but they still hurt?!?!? :confused3 I'm going to the gym tomorrow and I'll do my UBWO and I'm sure I'll want to run too so my knees are going to have to get onboard. I've rested most of my life, I don't want to rest anymore! :sad2:

Hello ladies. I have made it safely to Vermont and spent the weekend being loved and adored by my boyfriend. He has been amazing. Champagne to celebrate my new job and that was just Friday night when I got here. I can't believe we get to spend a week together.

Karen- Hi and welcome! Forgive me for not saying more but I'm on my phone at the moment.

Hi to you all! Thanks for support with my old job.

Hi Karen- welcome to the party... I am Paula aka Goofyfan-12. I have a bit of a soft spot for Goofy thus the screen name. I am 39, not married and have no children. I don't run (i power walked the princess last year) but I do bike a lot. I also strength train three days a week and can't say enough about how important weight lifting in combination with cardio is. I have been pretty quiet lately as my job (construction project management) has been all consuming lately. Hopefully, that will end soon but who knows. You won't find a more diverse group than this one in terms of what works best for whom. I contonue to learn from them all.

Hope everyone is doing well. I am doing a fine job of using food to manage my stress. Tomorrow's weigh in is not going to be pretty. Where is that smack myself in the head smiley...

Hope everyone is doing well. I am doing a fine job of using food to manage my stress. Tomorrow's weigh in is not going to be pretty. Where is that smack myself in the head smiley...

:hug: Aw Paula. I'm sorry to hear that the stress is getting the better of you right now. Workouts are still good though, yes?

Come check in on Volume 10. New thread, new start. Give yourself a Mulligan and move on

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter