In Search of My Body vol.9 - I Get By With A Little Help From My Friends

Personal temper tantrum. Feel free to skip. Or slap me. Whatever.

Things that I hate:

1) feeling bloated and gross
2) having my pants too tight. So tight that in fact Pajama Jeans sound like a GOOD idea.
3) trying on new clothes and having them not fit right either
4) restricting my calories
5) counting my calories
6) avoiding alcohol entirely
7) listening to my husband eat what seems to be an entire bag of chips with his lunch while I have none. Oh, and he's skinny. Freak.

bah. I hate everything right now. Except Blueberry Seltzer. I love that.:love:

'scuse me now whilst I go drink more water and chew some gum.

Nancy, you crack me up... I am not doing well with the diet either. But then again, do I ever!

E, I know you never get sick, but it kinda sounds like you may be fighting a bug???

End of season run club dinner, we were the "pilot" group of the Run Club, they had a banquet, or more like a party were they had pizza, dips and cake.
I did not eat the cake.. I got an award for the one who never gave up on a run.. I so was not going to go tonight as DH could not go with and I don't even know anyone very well (did not know most of their names) I almost turned around and went to Walmart instead. But everyone was so very nice. I heard from many of the other women that they are just in awe that I would be going out of state to run a race alone.

Its was a nice night, ok off to bed I have to get to 11.5 mile in the morning.
:scared1: :scared1: :scared1: :scared1:

the above face should say it all!

Jo! Congrats on your award. That's so awesome!

Ok, so now the newly crowned "Miss Doesn't Give Up" enjoy your long run today!:goodvibes

Can I join you girls???? :flower3:

I need a place to connect with people that have the same struggles (weight), plans (exercise, running, etc) and obsessions (Disney, naturally!) :laughing:

Not sure where to start, I could write a book (and tend to ramble)! Mother of three, two teen boys and my dd, who is 10 (going on 16!) :rolleyes: I
homeschool them, I'm a vegan, I just started back up running a little over a month ago.

I've never really gotten too far in my running, I think mostly b/c of my weight. My knees give out b/c I push too hard (it's frustrating when my body won't do what i want it to!) and then I give up b/c of the pain. I decided I want to run the Mickey Halloween 5K in October and then the Princess 1/2 in 2012! I can't imagine what kind of training it will take as I can only run 2 miles right now and I'm already having to take a 4-5 day break b/c my knees are hurting! BUT, I'm determined and thought the best way to stay motivated and on track was to find some support! :lovestruc

I can't think of anything else right now (but have no fear! I will be back rambling momentarily when I think of a thousand more things to say!) :lmao:

I guess you could read my PTR and TR from 2009 to know more about me (if you have way too much time on your hands!) ;)

What about all of you? I have read a little, but it's hard to put names with screennames. Can you all give me a little peek into who you are so I can get to know you too? Looking forward to "meeting" you!

Hi Everyone!

E - You can do it - you're a goddess!

Nancy - :hug: I have days where I hate everything except my snuggie. I always love my snuggie :rotfl:

Jo - Well done on your award :cool1:

Everyone - Hi :lovestruc

Can I join you girls???? :flower3:

I need a place to connect with people that have the same struggles (weight), plans (exercise, running, etc) and obsessions (Disney, naturally!) :laughing:

Hi Karen, Welcome! :wizard:

Im Kelly, 30 this year married no kids, just got to goal weight and I have just started C25K - enjoying it so far but I do only run 60 seconds at a time :lmao:

This here is a great group, jump right in and post often! :)

Hope everyone is having a great day :cool2:

Hi Everyone!

E - You can do it - you're a goddess!

Nancy - :hug: I have days where I hate everything except my snuggie. I always love my snuggie :rotfl:

Jo - Well done on your award :cool1:

Everyone - Hi :lovestruc

Hi Karen, Welcome! :wizard:

Im Kelly, 30 this year married no kids, just got to goal weight and I have just started C25K - enjoying it so far but I do only run 60 seconds at a time :lmao:

This here is a great group, jump right in and post often! :)

Hope everyone is having a great day :cool2:

Hi Kelly! Congratulations on getting to goal! :thumbsup2 I've never gotten to goal, I've been overweight my entire life, so I'm sure it feels amazing!! I'm not sure I even have a weight goal anymore, I just know I start to feel good when I'm in the 180s (I'm 5'10") and when I'm running I feel even better! I started running with C25K, it's a great program! I'm thinking of starting it over just so I can take it slow with my knees... told you I would ramble! :rolleyes1

:rotfl:
Personal temper tantrum. Feel free to skip. Or slap me. Whatever.

Things that I hate:

1) feeling bloated and gross
2) having my pants too tight. So tight that in fact Pajama Jeans sound like a GOOD idea.
3) trying on new clothes and having them not fit right either
4) restricting my calories
5) counting my calories
6) avoiding alcohol entirely
7) listening to my husband eat what seems to be an entire bag of chips with his lunch while I have none. Oh, and he's skinny. Freak.

bah. I hate everything right now. Except Blueberry Seltzer. I love that.:love:

'scuse me now whilst I go drink more water and chew some gum.

popcorn::

:rolleyes1. Shutting my mouth. :rotfl2: Really. Permission to slap. What fun. :rotfl2:

But HATE that you're feeling this way regardless. :love:

I always love my snuggie :rotfl:

She always loves her snuggie. :rotfl2:

So cute and funny and snuggly all rolled up in one.

OMG, I have SO MUCH to say.

First - Hi Karen! :flower3:

I'm Lisa (mine's easy but do a cheat sheet before your head explodes) and you found a place to ramble away. Queen Ramble here at your service. I'm 43, single. I lost a ton of weight - gained a bit back but maintained for the most part and the good thing is the maintain has been for years. So good sign.

And I'm done. So I'm not too inspiring for you. I'm done giving a crap. And at your height - your bones can't be that big. I would look downright skinny at 180.

See I"m rambling. :rotfl:

Welcome to you! :flower3:

OMG, I have SO much news to share. Oh boy. So much good news.

Father - he's found and staying put so I can actually track the boy. And he sounded wonderful this morning. Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And thanks for hearing my meltdown. The issue here is that it's BIG BUSINESS if they keep you one minute later than they projected - they need the beds. So to be kept for 48 hours longer was - sighing - difficult.

But yeah now!

Mom - got a MRI cancellation TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!! :dance3: YES SIR. :woohoo: She's MRIng as we speak. Rocks, considering she's lucid enough to know that time's a tickin'. With her issue it's a 1-3 year mortality and she's over a year. (Karen - she needs open heart surgery BUT she has Alzheimer's or mini stroke issues and the doctors are unsure if they'll make her "gone" in the head with the operation).

Again the woman is whining to me about how pig's valve ONLY last ten years. AGAIN. She's 75 this year - let's all do the math. :rolleyes1 It must be nice to enjoy life that much to want to live and live and live and live. Really, another effin' gene I missed. popcorn:: Whatever. :rotfl2:

Me - I had a DAY - what a day - of admitting/last minute procedures - crossmatch, other bloodwork, swabs that you just don't want to know about :scared1: - another ECG. And meetings galore - nurse practioner, pharmacist, Nurse, surgeon and the most interesting woman EVER - the anesthesiologist (did I just kill that word? :rotfl:). I can't even explain to you all how EXCITING some of them were. I have so much to tell you about the braless - T shirtless Stress Echocardiogram results and my health and capacity. I'm so thrilled. SO THRILLED. Much more than any weightloss can give ME. Ever. Later.

BUT my OR date was moved this week. Yes let's all insert swear words. Let's.

(Karen I'm fine)

So not this Tuesday. Now the ninth of February.

OMG, AND I *think* I just sold the house. On my own. As the realtor.

LOVELY - OH SO LOVELY - DAY. :love:

And Nancy - Guess whose birthday is Superbowl Sunday? :sad2:

Kat - a lovin' the updates. And loving the words naps, drinks and late start the MOST. :rotfl2:

Paula - I've been missing you. :flower3: Sorry about all the stress.

Erika - I stalked you on another thread. I've had at least six DVC stays that were with extended family and friends. On my points. Never had an issue besides my father's normal everyday complaining capacity. NADA.

OMG. I just edited because the thread I saw you on was from 2006!!!!!!!!!!!!!:lmao::rotfl2: WTHeck is happening in DVC post land?

Okay, ramble.

Anyway, sorry how the run is feeling. Iron?

Cammie? She's right back in there, eh?

Liz - your compliment was so darn lovely - it made a difficult week better. So thanks.

Amiee - where are you???????

Amy - where'd you go? Back to work and long schedules Lisa. :goodvibes

Rob - better? I hope.

Jo - such a smile you gave me with your post. Such a smile. LOOK AT YOU!!!

Megan - oh Megan - take a trip to Montreal. So happy that you're out of there - work. Yeah.

Ronda - thanks on my dad. The honest truth is he can be quite the you know what - a lot of the time.

But the lovely about him is I've always sensed that he doesn't want to be an _______. Like he fights the struggle and that is enough for me.

Ronda - when is the marathon? I feel like I'm missing some marbles on that. 40 runs away? Lisa can't do the calculation without some talking to me - VERY SLOWLY.

:love: to all.

Welcome Karen, I'm Jo. and I am a slow walk/runner, I started training Dec 09I could not even do a mile back then.

Lisa, happy to hear your Dads doing good.
Congrats and Yay on the house :yay: :yay: :yay:
Sorry about your Mom. I just have hugs to send to you :hug:

I just did 11.5 Its was ugly.
2.3 on the treadmill, 7.7 outside, (were I sent a text to Meg "is it wrong to want to stop and get a big mac.. But wait I am a goddess in training I better keep going") Meg then said not to give up.. So back inside for 1.5 more = 11.5 DONE and in the books. IT WAS HARD, and I am GLAD its OVER :eek:
But then I had an apt. for a massage, that was nice and when she was done she rubbed in biofreze on my back and legs. I am good to go now. My feet hurt a bit. So where can I buy biofreeze?? I think I my need it to park tour after the race.

Happy Saturday All.

:worship: :worship: :worship:
OMG Lisa, you weren't kidding! I bow to your ramblyness and hope that some day I can achieve that level of ramble! :laughing:

Sorry about your mother, my father had Alzheimer's, it sucked.

Hi Jo! Ugly or not, 11.5 rocks, you should be feeling pretty nice (and sore!) right now. If you aren't, you really are a goddess! :flower3:

Hi! Checking in from the lake house. Which sucksass at the moment. COLD!

Welcome Karen!! Love new people here! I'm Erika but everyone here calls me E. Liz--why is that again??? Ha.

Ok I will be starting the new volume of our thread Sunday night. Look for it!

Karen you joined us at a great time! Me-- I have 2 girls and a boy. 11, 9, and 8. Boy is oldest. Live in Maine. Never ever ran a step before joining thus thread. Now I am obsessed. I suck at it but it is a huge part of my life.

Lisa! Hi love! Miss you.

Karen - hi! Welcome to Crazy Town ;) I'm Nancy, I'm also the mother of two boys and a girl (19/17/15). I hate running, but I do it because I ADORE eating. So. It's either run or give in to the pajama jean trend. :laughing:

:rolleyes1. Shutting my mouth. :rotfl2: Really. Permission to slap. What fun. :rotfl2:

But HATE that you're feeling this way regardless. :love:

Thank you. Because as you know, it has become more and more about how I FEEL and less and less about a size or a number. I have you to thank for that part of my personal growth :lovestruc

Queen Ramble here at your service.

You? Ramble? :confused3 Never :lmao:

Really though - it's all good stuff.:thumbsup2

Father - he's found and staying put so I can actually track the boy. And he sounded wonderful this morning. Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mom - got a MRI cancellation TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yay! on both mom and dad!:woohoo:

have so much to tell you about the braless - T shirtless Stress Echocardiogram results and my health and capacity.

wait. What? Topless? :eek:

BUT my OR date was moved this week.

crap.:headache: I do not approve. Do you think they'll care?

OMG, AND I *think* I just sold the house.

Oh Lisa! That's fabulous news :yay:

And Nancy - Guess whose birthday is Superbowl Sunday? :sad2:

gads. I hate guessing. Its not yours is it. No. You're May, yes? Jean? Is it her birthday? Do you have to make a football field cake?:laughing:

Jo- AWESOME on the 11.5. Awesome. I knew you could do it. :goodvibes Biofreeze. I get it locally at my chiropractor. You will also be able to buy it at the Expo when you pick up your race number for the Princess.

Ok I will be starting the new volume of our thread Sunday night. Look for it!

Sweet :thumbsup2

Never ever ran a step before joining thus thread. Now I am obsessed. I suck at it but it is a huge part of my life.

OMG you so do NOT suck at it. Karen, E is like an Energizer Bunny. I kid you not. And she does triathalons. A machine this one. :worship:

I just did 11.5 Its was ugly.

I think I caught a perfectionist? What should I do with her? popcorn:: :rotfl2:

:worship: :worship: :worship:
OMG Lisa, you weren't kidding! I bow to your ramblyness and hope that some day I can achieve that level of ramble! :laughing:

Sorry about your mother, my father had Alzheimer's, it sucked.

Hi Jo! Ugly or not, 11.5 rocks, you should be feeling pretty nice (and sore!) right now. If you aren't, you really are a goddess! :flower3:

Oh, I'm so sorry Karen.

My MIL too. It's draining. Thanks. :goodvibes

And look at newbie Karen coming here all fresh and feisty. I like it!!! :goodvibes

I'm Erika but everyone here calls me E.

:rolleyes1

Hey! Are you drinking at the lake house? I just really wanted to type lake house. It gives me such a rich dreamy feeling.

Karen - hi! Welcome to Crazy Town ;) I'm Nancy, I'm also the mother of two boys and a girl (19/17/15). I hate running, but I do it because I ADORE eating. So. It's either run or give in to the pajama jean trend. :laughing:

gads. I hate guessing. Its not yours is it. No. You're May, yes? Jean? Is it her birthday? Do you have to make a football field cake?:laughing:

Jo- AWESOME on the 11.5. Awesome. I knew you could do it. :goodvibes Biofreeze. I get it locally at my chiropractor. You will also be able to buy it at the Expo when you pick up your race number for the Princess.

OMG you so do NOT suck at it. Karen, E is like an Energizer Bunny. I kid you not. And she does triathalons. A machine this one. :worship:

Crap. Inside quotes. Drat you Nancy and your little dog too. Hey, "E" :rotfl2: (I can hardly get it out :lmao: ) and Nancy I - me - was the Wicked Witch of the West at age 12/13. I practiced long and hard to nab that role. :goodvibes

Some dream to be Dorothy. Or one of her sidekicks. I only longed for evil and green and melting. Laughing.

Nancy - yes it's the Football Queen's birthday on Superbowl Sunday. How ridiculous is that?

And no on the cake. I'm not that skilled.:sad2: She makes football cakes for the boys though.

Loved your words. :love:

Feisty! Who me??? :rolleyes1

Ok, Let's see if I'm getting this...

Erika is E. although she doesn't know why. 3disney kids which happen to be 2 girls and a boy. Got it!

Lisa is the queen of ramble, I have to work to keep up with her. Check! ;)

Nancy's got 2boysnagirl like me and I should call her snow white. That's easy to remember! Loves to eat so she runs...ah, and even more we have in common, you love to eat so you run. Me too! :goodvibes Well, I actually don't eat most of the things I love to eat b/c even running doesn't help me when I do that. I get sick. So, I'm a vegan, most of the time I eat only raw stuff...fruits and veggies. Sometimes PB. Oh and you ask how can I be overweight? Well, you'll hear much more about that as time goes by, I'm known to ramble about THAT as well and the unfairness of it all. Where is the smiley playing the violin????

Jo is a goddess and my hero for doing 11.5 miles today. I tried to walk and my knees hurt so bad that I barely got into town and back to the house. :rolleyes: ...and she cantwait. See, I have to have shortcuts!

Memory isn't my best attribute, if you must know! I'm always a little worried that I'll end up with Alzheimers as well, sometimes I forget things I really wouldn't think I would. :sad2:

Where was I? Oh yes...

Kelly is a Disneygal from the UK??? :)

Ok, and now I need some help. Any of you have really high arches? I have HUGE feet, but that's not the issue (ok, it is a little b/c they didn't even have my size to try on in the ONE sports store in my podunk town here in Missouri) but the biggest issue is my arch and that I underpronate. It seems that fairly rare and I'm having trouble finding out what shoe would be good? I got some Asics kayano 16s and while they were wide enough, they did not have enough support for my arch...and I'm supposed to have MORE cushioning b/c of underpronation???? I'm so confused. :confused3

Hi Karen. I'm Ronda. I've been running about two years and am hooked as well. I'm training for the St Louis Marathon, April 10. I grew up in Podunk, Missouri, but now live in Kansas City.

I have high arches, and currently run under the assumption that I have a neutral stride. At least that's the shoe I'm in now. You might consider new insoles. I recently started using Superfeet green insoles. They have very firm arch support.

Ronda

Omg. Karen SO fits in!

Yes Lisa. Drinking at the lake house. We ran out of diet coke so Jeff is drinking rum and snow. So there you have it.

Jo. Awesome job on today's run! I have recovered from my 9.3. Happy about that. Next week is 10-ish.

Karen. Lots to say about the right shoes. LOTS. But not from my phone. Ha. I bet Nancy will beat me to it anyway.

Hi Karen. I'm Ronda. I've been running about two years and am hooked as well. I'm training for the St Louis Marathon, April 10. I grew up in Podunk, Missouri, but now live in Kansas City.

I have high arches, and currently run under the assumption that I have a neutral stride. At least that's the shoe I'm in now. You might consider new insoles. I recently started using Superfeet green insoles. They have very firm arch support.

Ronda

Rhonda! We're so close! We live in St. James, which is near Rolla, but we've only lived here about 7 years. I grew up in St. Louis and I'm still not quite sure what made me move out here (I think it was money. grph.) but I'm getting used to it. I will NEVER get used to not having a Target, Barnes & Noble, or Starbucks, however. :headache:

Omg. Karen SO fits in! WOOT! :woohoo:

Yes Lisa. Drinking at the lake house. We ran out of diet coke so Jeff is drinking rum and snow. So there you have it.

Jo. Awesome job on today's run! I have recovered from my 9.3. Happy about that. Next week is 10-ish.

Karen. Lots to say about the right shoes. LOTS. But not from my phone. Ha. I bet Nancy will beat me to it anyway.

I just went to the Asics site and it looks like the Kayano wasn't the shoe for my underpronating(and here I thought I had done my research, how did I miss that??? DOH), I should have gotten the Nimbus or Cumulus? Guess I'm supposed to be excited that I'm spending a fortune on shoes named after clouds. They better feel like clouds then on my feet! :cloud9:

Anybody use the Nimbus or Cumulus before???

We ran out of diet coke so Jeff is drinking rum and snow. So there you have it.

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2: wow. A Captain Morgan's Snow Cone? :rotfl2:

I'm drinking effing seltzer. SELTZER. Stephen is NOT drinking seltzer. :mad: I'm determined to drop a few of these horrific pounds that have been plaguing me since my December stuff-your-face fest. I'm being super strict, counting every single calorie and I am generally cranky about it.

Karen - shoes. Oh the shoes. The single most important piece of equipment IMO. They must be right for you or you will be miserable! I'm a neutral runner, but after a nasty bout of plantar faciitis I wear a motion control shoe. New Balance. I got fitted at the local (ok. I'm not *quite* Podunk, but I'm rural, so "local" is a relative term here )...anywho....I got fitted at my "local" New Balance store. Love them. Adore them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter