In Search of My Body vol.9 - I Get By With A Little Help From My Friends

Nancy - hula hoops rock! I am just so uncoordinated. :lmao:

Kat - it sounds like there are quite a few benefits for running with a group. Heat exhaustion sounds like one of the top reasons. Scary!

It's 9pm and my back is still feeling good. I was able to get so much housework caught up today. I hope this continues tomorrow so I can get a good walk in. I don't know if I can run yet, but we will see.

Nancy - hula hoops rock! I am just so uncoordinated. :lmao:

I got a big, heavy one. Great exercise. I can totally feel my abs tonight!

It's 9pm and my back is still feeling good. I was able to get so much housework caught up today. I hope this continues tomorrow so I can get a good walk in. I don't know if I can run yet, but we will see.

Glad to hear that your back is improving! I know you're anxious to get out running, but please do take it slow! You certainly don't need any set backs!

It's about 1:30 and I'm just rolling in from a Taylor Swift concert. Boy am I exhausted, I'm psyched to sleep in tomorrow. I hope you are all having a good weekend, I'll check in tomorrow on what everyoones been up to the past few days.

Good Morning! Stiff this morning, but not in pain. Yay!!

I'm here working on my favorite pass time - trip planning. Doing some serious number crunching.

Hi all.

EE, I hope the pain stays away.

Lisa, You are giving your kidney?? That is AWESOME!!!:worship::worship::worship:

Kat, Wow that is a great time for an all out mile. Great Job.

Ronda, Congrats to you and DGF on your race. You are sure going to get to your 600 mile mark way before the end of the year:cool1:

Nancy, What's the hula hoop for? Did I miss something?

Kat, cross your fingers for the blackhawks tonight.

Bad Bad Bad storms by me last night. Twister hit about 6 miles away.
Storms rolling in again now.

No run today, but I had a good workout yesterday,
I did 20 mins on the elliptical but I did it different
level 10 for 2 mins, then level 9 for 2 mins, then level 8 for 2 mins and So On.
Kicked my butt.

I hope everyone has a nice Sunday Night!!

We're done. Saved by overcast skies. The sun didn't peek out until after we'd finished. I averaged about 12:30. A tad slower than a 10k last fall, but given the 30 degree temperature swing, I'm good with that.

DGF did great, too. We used a 5/1 run walk interval. Always a short walk to look forward to. The race is called Hospital Hill. It should be plural. There were some long grinds and a couple of steep ascents. But the downhills were sweet.

Gonna shower and start the weekend. Hope all goddesses are grand!

Ronda

GREAT job to both you and Sue! HILLS! Oh, how I hate hills! I avoid them like the plague. When we are up at the lake house, that is when I make myself do hills as I have no choice when there...nothing BUT hills. So I am super impressed that you did a hilly race!

oh. and I got a hula hoop today :rolleyes1

Um, yeah. Splain.

Here--big, big week-end. Lots going on. Niece graduated yesterday, so there was a huge family party and my in-laws spent the night here, so I had to play hostess. They left this morning. I ran in the POURING rain this morning, but oddly, it felt kinda good. :confused3 I have been eating like a machine and that needs to stop. So, tomorrow it is back to tracking and all of that crap. *sigh*

Summer is a major problem for me. We socialize and travel SO MUCH in the summer that usually it is all I can do to maintain. So I have to go into summer at a decent weight. And right now I am UP. So that sucks. I have to take off the pounds that I put on in the last 6 weeks and fast!

Morning ladies! Happy Monday?

EE- Glad your back seems to be on the mend. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it stays healthy.

My allergies are killing me right now. Even just resting I'm finding it hard to breath. I've got about three weeks till my race, I'm hoping the pollen count lowers by then. Last year was the first year I was affected by pollen and boy is it no fun.

BUT.... I'm going to the Celtics/Lakers game tomorrow night. Game 3 of the NBA finals. My friend I'm going with is a huge Celtics fan so I said sure I'd go with her. Go Celtics! (And go Blackhawks!!! Hockey is always my first sports love.)

Have a wonderful Monday!

Nancy, What's the hula hoop for? Did I miss something?

It's fun. And it works the core!

I have been eating like a machine and that needs to stop. So, tomorrow it is back to tracking and all of that crap. *sigh*

It's Monday. How many Monday mornings have I started with "it's a new week, yada, yada, yada". :confused3 I'm gaining at an alarming rate, and it must stop. I pulled out my journal and my breakfast is already noted.

I'm granting permission to all to hound me about my journal. It's the only way I can get this done.

Meg - allergies are such a bummer! I don't suffer too much myself, but Nate does. He's a runner and when he has races on high allergen days it is so, so hard for him.

Lisa - thinking of you today! Oh - and I had a dream about being in a track side box seat with cutie at a NASCAR race. Now, I don't even know if there IS such a thing as a box seat at a NASCAR race :laughing: It was definitely odd!

EE - how's the back this morning?

Kat - I'm totally laughing right now. In a good way. You are soooo on the dark side now :thumbsup2

Paula - how was your weekend?

Morning All

Nancy, tried to do Alexa's hula hoop OMG, what a joke :rotfl2::rotfl2:

BLACKHAWKS!!!!

I am right there with all of you on the eating.
I am tracking today, no work out this AM, got up late, Plan to do elliptical tonight. ( I hope)

Nancy, tried to do Alexa's hula hoop OMG, what a joke :rotfl2::rotfl2:

Oh, I'm sure it was horrific. But that's because it's a KIDS sized hula hoop. That makes it way harder for adult sized bodies to actually use successfully. I got an adult size hula hoop. I have always been hula hoop impaired. But just having someone show me the proper size and just a few quick tips and I was amazed that I could do it!

It's Monday. How many Monday mornings have I started with "it's a new week, yada, yada, yada". :confused3 I'm gaining at an alarming rate, and it must stop. I pulled out my journal and my breakfast is already noted.

I'm granting permission to all to hound me about my journal. It's the only way I can get this done.

Kat - I'm totally laughing right now. In a good way. You are soooo on the dark side now :thumbsup2

I am with you on the Monday startover. I could definitely have done better last weekend. Down 1 lb this AM, at least.

Yeah, I have sure jumped right over the edge, haven't I? :laughing:

Meg, I have allergy problems as well. Mucinex and Claritin. I buy both in the generic versions (which are much cheaper and just as good), and the combo will really help. Our allergy season is long past now, though... spring here is March/April.

I'm here. Didn't sleep almost at all last night. Let's hope it was just a one-night thing. I can't go through another week of this like I did a month ago. It may sound strange, but it "felt" like it was only a one-nighter instead of the beignning of a long bout of insomnia.

Still, it is such a gorgeous day here today that I am feeling good and getting ready to head out for a run. :thumbsup2

Hmmm...intrigued by the hula hoop. I have always been impaired as well. Have NEVER been able to do it. But maybe there's hope! :rotfl2:

So, I am double and triple booked just about every evening this week with end-of-the-year kid activities--programs and shows and concerts and award nights and on and on. Good thing Jeff is home so that we can divide and conquer.

Hmmm...intrigued by the hula hoop. I have always been impaired as well. Have NEVER been able to do it. But maybe there's hope! :rotfl2:

Apparently to be properly sized, the hula hoop has to be at least as high as your belly button, and a max. of up to your chest. Mine is right in the middle. I think most adults issues are that the hoop is too small! They tell me the bigger & heavier the easier it is. And once you get good at it, you can use smaller, lighter.

They also said that cardiovascularly speaking, hula hooping for 10 minutes is the equivalent of running a mile. Perhaps they were leading me on, but I don't know why they would :confused3

5.2 miles in the bank. 10:55 pace, with my last mile at 10:15. I'll take it. :thumbsup2

Considering the craptastic runs I have been having for ages, this is the best one in weeks. No pain at all for the past 6 weeks, though, and that has been awesome!

Nancy asked about my shoe laces. I think it's better. I've concentrated on tying my right shoe as loosely as possible and still keep things from moving around too much. I need to measure the width of the tongue on the newer model of shoe. It think it's narrower. This started with a long run in the new shoes in March. When I was done I noticed the right tongue was rotated as far to the outside as the little lace thing would let it go. That left the top of my foot unpadded and sore. Since then it's gotten better with looser laces and my soon-to-be-patented "tongue keeper" (see pic below. it's just some plastic tubing that keeps the center thing centered).

Also supporting the tongue theory is the left foot hasn't had this problem and that one carries the Polar foot pod and the tongue can only go so far.

The only discomfort I have now is sore/stiffness in the morning. I'm a stomach sleeper and I guess my feet are usually flexed down. The first up flex of the day is obviously stretching something ; ) I suspect a tendon got bruised. As long as it's getting better and not worse I'm pushing on.

Ronda
utf-8BSU1HMDAwMjEuanBn.jpg

Ronda, sorry about the foot pain and sore muscles.

Teeny little shoes!! Mine are a honkin size 10.

Can I just say, there is a woman on my hockey team that makes me think of you? Not sure why, just something about your posts and pics and the way she looks and acts and they match somehow.

I was so pissy this morning that I did 3 miles at lunch. 2.5 of them were timed, in 30 min, and the rest was warm up/cool down.

I say this and shouldn't, but it seems like a lot of my soreness, pain, shin issues haven't come back to haunt me yet...

I know what you mean, Kat. It has been a while since I have had any leg pain at all and I am super afraid of jinxing myself!

Hi everyone -

Sorry for the lack of posts this weekend. I spent the better part of both days in my board meeting dealing with fun stuff like budgets, evaluations and such. I resigned as board chair at this meeting and attempted to resign from the board as well. I say attempted because they would like me to take the summer to reconsider. I am humoring them by doing it, but my mind is truly made up. The sense of relief that I woke up to this morning confirmed that.

Had an awesome workout on Saturday, but sadly did not get to ride my bike at all this weekend thanks to the weather. This weekend for sure though. ;)

JC went well this week and I am down 2.4 pounds. Not quite the total loss I was hoping for, but I'll take it. My head feels like it is on straight and I am focusing on losing the next fifty pounds and then that's it. In some ways, this is like resetting the scale and starting over and I am kind of excited about it.

Lisa - this is for you. Not sure if I shared this or not, but the coolest part of my little breakdown last Monday was the fact that for the first time I think I could see myself at goal. I was telling my JC consultant about this tonight and all I could think of was your comment about how you have seen me at goal. I think I am that much closer to seeing that person too. As I said, very cool.

Ronda - when you patent your invention and make millions for your new invention will we get discounts?

Meg - sorry for the allergies. Here's hoping the pollen count continues to go down.

Kat - yeah for stress relieving workouts.

E - sending you sleepy thoughts for a good night's rest tonight.

Nancy - hula hooping for ten minutes can burn as many calories as one mile of running? Really? Interesting. BTW - have you finished your journal for the day yet? ;)

Hi to everyone else. I am off to pack my food for tomorrow and then catch some sleep.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter