In Search of My Body vol. 10 - taking it one paper towel at at time

Official weigh-in is tomorrow morning :scared1: I really want to see a HUGE weight loss. Like all of it in one week :laughing: Honestly - I feel better already, so that's a great first step. I'm not going to lie - a loss would be super terrific though.

Headed to bed. Morning comes too quickly for me!

P.S. - Ronda - I sent you a PM earlier :goodvibes

Official weigh in results: down 1.2 lbs :thumbsup2 Not a huge loss, but a loss. And considering I was really only on-plan fully for 4 days I think it's a WIN!

Now -to focus on getting just a *bit* more water :drinking1

Congrats! A loss is a loss! :thumbsup2

No loss for me this morning, but we are getting a freak warm day and hitting 60, so I'm headed to the park for homeschool playgroup and getting some sun! I may even run but I was going to wait and run with Dallas tomorrow morning. Thanks for the reminder on water, I need to up my intake as well.

Ronda, just 3 more days!! :cheer2:

Question -

I've always hated the name of this thread. I've never been searching for my body. :lmao: And have always wanted something more ___________. And I would like a change for the new year. But that's only me.

I know some might have some emotional attachment to it and don't want it touched - which I would understand - so thoughts?

Maybe something with your Goddess running name? Even though I don't run.

Obviously still volume 11 for the next - even if this is becoming like a drop-in space.

Okay - have to run.....

Hello?

But continue on agreeing with Ronda when I already said to keep the volume numbers. :rolleyes1

Yes the New Year has brought on a very bitter Lisa. :rotfl2: And I like her. :lmao:

And speaking of Ronda - can't not wait for the race. :dance3: Good for you. I'm truly amazed - from my couch. :laughing:

Okay - got to go. I'm away. In Virginia - got a week given to me. :rotfl2: So no money spent. :3dglasses Yeah because I have none. YET!!!!!!!!!

Never do tech away but had to get on to give in my BL weight and now I must write the CUTIE!

So on that note. I left facebook. Not sure if forever. No big story. I was hardly ever on but when I was - well I found that I was only enjoying it about 30% of the time. Other times saw way too much bullsh!t and insensitivity. So taking a break. I know many love it. It's me. :goodvibes

I thought announcing it when I did it would be dramatic. But I made the wrong choice. :rolleyes1 :love:

Super happy to have a new thread. Have so much to say. Like that's a shock. :laughing: But I have to get off. I'm going against my technology morals. :rotfl2: ;

Oh and my four years is not until August but I looked up my first post. Totally shy and insecure. :rotfl2: LOVE IT!!

Oh and down 3.5 for my first - not full - week of BL.

Did nada differently except water. So water people. Despite studies saying it means nothing - IT DOES.

I have been a MAJOR water drinker my entire life. In fact, I imbibe little other than that. And I'm sure that's why I had a BIONIC kidney. Oh how I loved Jaime Sommers. :rotfl2: Didn't you LOVE her? :lmao:

Anyway, since the operation I've been drinking nada. :confused3 How insane is that? And bratty. And I think I'll add warped.

And I still haven't done my six month creatinine check. :confused3 And I'm at eleven months. :confused3 I think I'm bit scared. Which is stupid. Because theere's bubbles in my urine and was high at three months and they hid it from me for some unknown reason. I'm sure everything is a- okay but they give you no info to understand. And I have to understand everything and the web is no help since US numbers are completely different. I'm being a baby just ignore me.

Anyway loving Virginia as always. :love:

Love to all. Kelly - Grey's starts up tonight after five week hiatus so we might be on level if you get no break.

Kelly - just start a new thread and we will post and leave a space for the bios. Like, Erika or I can post first and add the bios!

Ladies, find a bio you like - I like mine from vol 2 of the thread. They are usually the second or third post in the threads. Just check your subscribed threads list and find one of yours. You can PM it to me.

LOVE keeping the volume #s! So it will be Team Goddess - Vol 11?

Excellent! I'm going to have a look at my bio, think about what I want to say and start the new thread tomorrow or Saturday - that should be fine I think?

Kelly - Grey's starts up tonight after five week hiatus so we might be on level if you get no break.

Boooo, I will be behind again! The break has only just started here, I don't know how long it will be off air for :eek:

Ronda - Beyond excited for your marathon! :cool1:

Hope you are all having a great day :cheer2:

I just wanted to stop in and say a very belated Happy Holidays to everyone. I hope everyone survived and enjoyed themselves.

I have been struggling mentally since fall. I also suffered a very bad ankle sprain right after Thanksgiving and I'm only now starting to walk without pain and the swelling is still there and I've struggled with some depression because of it. Finally starting to deal with it.

Hope you are all gearing up and excited for the Princess!

Lisa, I should have given you credit for the volume numbers. They mean a lot. Speaking of meaning... bubbles? Do tell.

Getting really close now. Checked in for the flight. Hit the hotel and head for Illuminations tomorrow night. If we're still awake, maybe to DHS for ToT and RnRC - EMH evening!

Hey Meg! Dang it on the ankle and depression. There's a lot of endorphins in exercise. Hope you can tap them soon.

Doing laundry, going to Home Depot to pick up some Alien Green Mickey heads. I'm sure there are other pressing needs I'll think up.

Ronda

Yes the New Year has brought on a very bitter Lisa. :rotfl2: And I like her. :lmao:

:scared1::rotfl2:

So on that note. I left facebook.

I noticed :confused3 I wondered if maybe you entered the Witness Protection program or something :cool2: Or some underground spy plot :rotfl2:

I get it though. FB definitely isn't "all that". But I need it to keep up with my kids. Well, that, and play Words with Friends. :laughing: OMG I'm addicted.

:cool1::cool1::cool1:

Did nada differently except water. So water people. Despite studies saying it means nothing - IT DOES.

YES! It really does. And Erin keeps yelling at me about water. I'm trying, really I am. Ok, if I'm honest, I sorta am. But I drink more now than I have been, which really isn't enough still. <sigh> I just get tired of drinking. Water, that is :rotfl2:

as for the test. a) you are not being a baby and b) you have every right to understand what's going on. Take the test. Then make them explain. Sassy Lisa for the new year. No. Not Sassy. What did you call yourself? bitter. No, I like sassy better :laughing:

I just wanted to stop in and say a very belated Happy Holidays to everyone. I hope everyone survived and enjoyed themselves.

Hi Meg! :flower3: So sorry about the sprain! Those can take a good long time to heal, and it's frustrating to wait it out!

Um - how's the boy? :lovestruc

Getting really close now. Checked in for the flight. Hit the hotel and head for Illuminations tomorrow night. If we're still awake, maybe to DHS for ToT and RnRC - EMH evening!

I'm so excited for you Ronda! :hyper: Are you all packed? Double checked your list?

hmmmm....this WW thing appears to be going well. Today was my weigh-in day, so normally I would have considered today a bit of a freebie day. I mean, I weighed in the morning, but my new week starts on Friday, so :confused3 Freebie, right?

Nope. Today not only did I track everything (thus far) I still have 2 daily points left, PLUS all my activity points for today (8) PLUS I left 40+ weekly points untouched. :thumbsup2

I really truly FEEL so much better when I'm eating clean!:goodvibes

Lisa, I'm a FB lover but really b/c I kept my list small and mostly communicate with people I actually see IRL most of the time. I don't accept old highschool acquaintance friend requests and try to keep it to people I really know and who know me (and can accept my antics!) :laughing: That helps a bit! At least we have you here! :)

As for water, you are completely right...I drank TONS of water today. Now I did think that I needed some variety, so now I've moved on to wine. :lmao:

Here is my first post to the group
Hello All, I was wondering if I may join your group.
I am 34, Married 8 years, 2 DD's 5 &2 I work full time.
I am about 40-50lbs over weight and just found out my triglisorides (sp?) are high. My father age 56 needs a 3x bypass Jan 4, 2010. I don't want that to be my furture. I want to do the princess 1/2 in 2011. I have always loved to run. But junk food,kids, work... has always come first.
Today I started the Coolrunnings.com plan I felt very good after my first day on the treadmill. I have a treadmill and an eplitcal in my basement. So NO excuse.

again, I would love it if you would let me join your group. I am learning.. the more people I have to answer to... the more I may really do this..

Thank

sMy name is Jo, My weight loss program... Yeah Right>> HA HA. I just started the coolrunnings.com couch to 5K. I thought I would start there and see what happens.
Doc. says to cut out sugar and carbs.... What else is there to eat,,,, UGH!!!!
Have not yet cut out anything. Jan 1 in my goal to cut out pop and jun

hmmmm....this WW thing appears to be going well. Today was my weigh-in day, so normally I would have considered today a bit of a freebie day. I mean, I weighed in the morning, but my new week starts on Friday, so :confused3 Freebie, right?

Nope. Today not only did I track everything (thus far) I still have 2 daily points left, PLUS all my activity points for today (8) PLUS I left 40+ weekly points untouched. :thumbsup2

I am on day 2, and completely agree. I feel SO much better eating this way!!

Water, I am okay with, at least when I am eating well. I have a bottle on my desk that I keep refilling and usually down at least 64 oz a day.

Today I decided to try a sports massage w/ trigger point therapy, and it seems to have really helped my leg.

However, I have pretty much decided against doing the full marathon on Feb 12th. I don't feel prepared enough, and honestly don't think it's a good idea to put that much impact on my legs at this weight.

I may drop to the half for that weekend, or I may decide to just DNS. The race entry is fully donated to breast cancer research, so I can just consider it a donation to a good cause and move on.

Liz, I just sent you my bio. I have to say I am tearing up a bit reading my fist bio post, I am so not that person anymore. Thanks to all of you.
Wow, to read what my goals were and now look at me!!!

Jo, you have grown SO much!!!

First - WW. I've been doing the new Points Plus since Thursday. Well, technically I signed up Thursday mid-day, so that doesn't count. Then there was NYE, and my family Christmas party Sunday. So, really I guess Friday, Monday, Tuesday, and today makes day #4. It's a little different from 15 years ago. The point values & calculation methods are different. And I SWEAR I get too many points. :confused3 I'm doing WW on-line but I'm tempted to go to a center or find a local meeting to make sure I'm really supposed to get the points that the website says I get.

And Second. YES! I think any miles are better than no miles when it comes to getting exercise in!

It is different -all this carb and protein tracking!

My first ever post, from Volume 1:

Well, I did something today that I've never done before. I found this thread and I read every page - every post, every word!

I laughed (a lot), I cried (well, almost...) and mostly I feel like I found some kindred spirits.

Ok - enough of the sappy, "your freakin' me out, stalker" stuff! I'd love to be part of your family if you have room for one more...I bring with me an irreverant view of life, the ability to laugh at - oh I mean with - other people (and louder at myself) , a desire to shed a few unwanted pounds, and my fair share of excess baggage.

Oh, Nancy, it's SO you!!!!

Wow, that's both cool and depressing. 2 years ago, and I am pretty much at the same place as then, from a weight perspective. Worrying about getting swept at the Princess, which I suppose this year I am worrying about even getting to run it.

About 8 lbs more, actually, but I am hopeful that a good bit of that is water weight as a 16 lb weight gain in 3 weeks seems a bit excessive. I guess I did eat my weight in junk after all!

it's okay...I am worse off weight wise, better off in other ways! So are you.

Official weigh in results: down 1.2 lbs :thumbsup2 Not a huge loss, but a loss. And considering I was really only on-plan fully for 4 days I think it's a WIN!

Now -to focus on getting just a *bit* more water

That's a good loss!!!!

Congrats! A loss is a loss! :thumbsup2

No loss for me this morning, but we are getting a freak warm day and hitting 60, so I'm headed to the park for homeschool playgroup and getting some sun! I may even run but I was going to wait and run with Dallas tomorrow morning. Thanks for the reminder on water, I need to up my intake as well.

Ronda, just 3 more days!! :cheer2:

That's so fab, to have good weather! In January! I swear, you have the best weather.

Hello?

But continue on agreeing with Ronda when I already said to keep the volume numbers. :rolleyes1

And speaking of Ronda - can't not wait for the race. :dance3: Good for you. I'm truly amazed - from my couch. :laughing:

Okay - got to go. I'm away. In Virginia - got a week given to me. :rotfl2: So no money spent. :3dglasses Yeah because I have none. YET!!!!!!!!!

Never do tech away but had to get on to give in my BL weight and now I must write the CUTIE!

So on that note. I left facebook. Not sure if forever. No big story. I was hardly ever on but when I was - well I found that I was only enjoying it about 30% of the time. Other times saw way too much bullsh!t and insensitivity. So taking a break. I know many love it. It's me. :goodvibes

I thought announcing it when I did it would be dramatic. But I made the wrong choice. :rolleyes1 :love:

Super happy to have a new thread. Have so much to say. Like that's a shock. :laughing: But I have to get off. I'm going against my technology morals. :rotfl2: ;

Oh and my four years is not until August but I looked up my first post. Totally shy and insecure. :rotfl2: LOVE IT!!

Lisa, i am so sorry - you know I have thread ADHD. I do not read for comprehension!!!! :rotfl:

Sad on FB - I liked that I could see your photos and you mine. But I get it. There's a lot of ******** on there. A lot of happy isn't my life grand -I try to be positive but not annoying.

Where are you in VA?

I have been a MAJOR water drinker my entire life. In fact, I imbibe little other than that. And I'm sure that's why I had a BIONIC kidney. Oh how I loved Jaime Sommers. :rotfl2: Didn't you LOVE her? :lmao:

Anyway, since the operation I've been drinking nada. :confused3 How insane is that? And bratty. And I think I'll add warped.

And I still haven't done my six month creatinine check. :confused3 And I'm at eleven months. :confused3 I think I'm bit scared. Which is stupid. Because theere's bubbles in my urine and was high at three months and they hid it from me for some unknown reason. I'm sure everything is a- okay but they give you no info to understand. And I have to understand everything and the web is no help since US numbers are completely different. I'm being a baby just ignore me.

Anyway loving Virginia as always. :love:

For goodness sake's drink your water!

Excellent! I'm going to have a look at my bio, think about what I want to say and start the new thread tomorrow or Saturday - that should be fine I think?

Hope you are all having a great day :cheer2:

Saturday sounds great!!! Woo hoo!

I have been struggling mentally since fall. I also suffered a very bad ankle sprain right after Thanksgiving and I'm only now starting to walk without pain and the swelling is still there and I've struggled with some depression because of it. Finally starting to deal with it.

Oh, Meg that is so tough. I so feel for you. It's so hard when you get injured and have to sit out your sanity saving exercise! How is work, family, the man? :-)

Lisa, I should have given you credit for the volume numbers. They mean a lot. Speaking of meaning... bubbles? Do tell.

Hey Meg! Dang it on the ankle and depression. There's a lot of endorphins in exercise. Hope you can tap them soon.

Doing laundry, going to Home Depot to pick up some Alien Green Mickey heads. I'm sure there are other pressing needs I'll think up.

Ronda

SO exciting!!!!!

Um, Nancy...today restarts your tracking. So it's not a freebie! :rotfl: the day you weigh in, all your weekly points reset! So it's the start of a new week!. Wednesday would be your last day. My weigh in is Sunday. So I weigh in Sunday and my whole new week starts that am.

You should always eat all your daily points! But leaving the extras untouched is fine!

Today I decided to try a sports massage w/ trigger point therapy, and it seems to have really helped my leg.

Glad you found some relief! :thumbsup2 Now just stay injury-free, ok?

It is different -all this carb and protein tracking!

Right! It's taken a little getting used to for me, but I think I'm catching on! :goodvibes

And really - I do think of today as being the last day of my week. :laughing: I signed up late in the day on Thursday, so Friday was my first official day. Even though I used my Thursday weight when I joined. Really, I just wanted a cheat day :blush: but I didn't feel it necessary!

Glad you found some relief! :thumbsup2 Now just stay injury-free, ok?

Right! It's taken a little getting used to for me, but I think I'm catching on! :goodvibes

And really - I do think of today as being the last day of my week. :laughing: I signed up late in the day on Thursday, so Friday was my first official day. Even though I used my Thursday weight when I joined. Really, I just wanted a cheat day :blush: but I didn't feel it necessary!

Well, as long as you don't cheat day every Thursday! But of course you will have food fest days! Don't we all? Even "on"?

I can't insta-point things anymore. Remember when I could do that? I was a fun party trick.

Well, as long as you don't cheat day every Thursday! But of course you will have food fest days! Don't we all? Even "on"?

I can't insta-point things anymore. Remember when I could do that? I was a fun party trick.

well, the amazing thing is, I didn't even have the URGE to cheat! That was a most welcomed surprise for me.

I'm sure your "point radar" will return! You just need a little time to get familiar with the new system :upsidedow

There are several bios at the start of this thread.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2368903

Check it out. I can't believe I got in on the end of volume 4.

Ronda

YES! I love my bio on that thread! I'll use that one when the time comes.

Now -to focus on getting just a *bit* more water :drinking1

AWESOME on the loss, Nance! WOOT!

Yikes! Sorry about the sprain Meg, but I am glad to see you here! So, ahem, Christmas....ring? Just askin....

As for me, I ran 6.5 miles today and feel SO good to be running again! This is the longest distance I have done in ages. My plan is to increase one mile per week from now till the week before the Princess and then taper. It should work out perfectly, though I am a bit nervous as adding a mile per week is more than recommended. So I'll have to be super careful not to get an injured before the race.

7 weeks from today we all land in FL. WOO HOO! The Goddesses are coming!

Kat, I'm glad the massage therapy helped! Hope it still feels better today too!

Liz, we are just having freak warm weather. It's supposed to cool back off, but I'm going to enjoy it as long as I can! I'm loving 60 degrees with it's usually 20!

I'm glad you gals are enjoying WW! I sometimes wish I could do WW, but to be honest, I can't eat most foods, so I would just have to make my salad/fruit fit into the points, which I kind of already do.

Goddesses, I pushed myself and ran farther than usual this morning! Dallas & I went out running and I really wanted to get over that 2.5-3 mile hump I keep stopping at so we ran 3.68! I know that's not a lot compared to what you gals run, but I feel really good about pushing past 3 miles! We were slower than usual, I guess from the talking, but the time passed so much faster with someone to run with! No wonder people have running buddies! DUH! I'm hoping we can do the 4 mile run in March in the town next to ours.

Ok, enough about me. sorry! :blush:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts