In Search of My Body vol. 10 - taking it one paper towel at at time

Thank you. It feels stupid to admit that. It's a dumb thing to cry about, right? But I am feeling like a failure today - oh yes perfectionism! It's just a bunch of stupid things. And work is all changes, training two new people this week, my favorite coworker leaving today. I'm just SAD. And I feel like I am behind. I have to suck it up and change that inner CD!

:grouphug: I so get that. When things just aren't going the way they should and life is overwhelming and you just want it to be easy and happy and wonderful? Yep. That's been my last 6 months. Again, nothing super tragic in my life just a whole lotta little things that really start to take their toll.

I agree with E. Cry it out so you can move forward. The Serenity Prayer has been in my head a whole lot this fall.

Our lovely warm weather from the week-end is gone and now it is COLD and I don't want to run out there! But I will, I will....

Cold here too! I stayed in the gym. Seth however, ran outside. :eek: He had a few explatives to describe the wind :lmao:

Today was a non-run day for me, although the red-headed demon-child, errr, I mean Erin :rolleyes1 is by no means allowing me "time off". I keep reminding myself why I'm doing this. She keeps reminding me that I complained to the wrong person :laughing:

Hey ladies! Lots to report and lots to look forward to. Yes, change the name, but keep the volume numbers. Those are cool!

DGFs mom had surgery last week to repair a bowel blockage. She'd had a hernia for years, and the bowel was blocked there. Luckily they didn't have to resection the bowel, just repair the ab wall muscle. Still a long recovery ahead. Operation was Thursday. She moved from ICU to regular bed Sunday. Likely will spend another week in the hospital and then head for rehab. Sue went over Thursday. I followed Friday on the train. We returned home Sunday with her mom's dog, Gus. He and Stretch have been negotiating which one gets to sit on Sue's right. Apparently it's a better spot ; )

I am down to the last few runs and sleeps before my first marathon - track me - bib 6902. Everything feels okay. I am travelig with our friend Robin. She grew up in central FL and saw a LOT of WDW as a kid. She returned once in 2000, but hasn't been back since. I get to show her AK and DHS! Her DGF is like mine about Disney... "eh". This is perfect!

Since I'm sitting on an AP I am considering the Princess. Who's going? Does it sell out? When does it sell out? Could I share a room with someone?

Okay, that's it.

Ronda

Kelly are you up for starting the new thread? I can't wait for it!!!

I would REALLY love to do the bios again - I think they were awesome!!! I can cut an paste some stuff and PM it to our thread starter!

Also, this is my thread anniversary. Yes! FOUR YEARS! :cool1: I am looking for the link to the first thread and my first post now!

I'll start it - I warn you though, I'm not very 'wordy' :rotfl2:
When do I need to start it? If you could cut and paste some bio stuff that would be great!

Crying - I have been feeling the same lately - nothing major, just..stuff in general! Someone broke my absolute favourite cup in the world at work today, it almost sent me over the edge :eek:

So excited to see everyone back! :grouphug:

Ronda, so sorry about DGF mom :hug:

Good Luck on the full!!!

Sorry not staying to long, I have just spent 2 hours on the computer doing my shutterfly and I think my DH is going to kill me if I don't rejoin the faimly NOW.
Good Night Ladies.

RONDA! So excited for you and your first full! I will definitely be cheering you on! Good luck to Sue's mom as she recovers.

Kelly--I have the bios somewhere and will post them here so that you can then copy/paste them into the first post of the new thread. We might need to update them...not sure.

I agree with Ronda...let's keep the volume number! It says a lot! Like, wow, we've been together for FOUR years! BTW, today is actually my 4 year thread anniversary! Thanks, Goddesses! :lovestruc

Ronda, SO excited for you!!! You will have a blast.

Princess. It does sell out, usually around the middle of January. It's at 82% full right now. I booked my flight today and am registered.

Glad that the surgery went well! I know about the spot battles, that's for sure. Our two cats definitely "negotiate" as to who gets what spot! :laughing:

Kelly, I am not much help on the thread starting.

Ooooh...didn't know the new season started. Must tune in. ADORE Dolvet.

Kelly--can't find the bios! Still looking...

Gah! The news is broadcasting about the Iowa Caucus! We're going to miss the elimination. waaaaaahhh

I'm coming back too! :goodvibes I need my goddess girls for accountability! I'm doing ok tracking via WW but need a nice kick in the a$$ for training. I have been lazy since my half at the end of November! :rolleyes1

I am hoping to lose 8-10 lbs by the princess. It is not goal weight but a reasonable weight for my height and for clothes fitting how I like them to.

I work a hybrid evening/night shift so you may see me post at 230am ! :)

I'll start it - I warn you though, I'm not very 'wordy' :rotfl2:
When do I need to start it? If you could cut and paste some bio stuff that would be great!

Crying - I have been feeling the same lately - nothing major, just..stuff in general! Someone broke my absolute favourite cup in the world at work today, it almost sent me over the edge :eek:

So excited to see everyone back! :grouphug:

Kelly - just start a new thread and we will post and leave a space for the bios. Like, Erika or I can post first and add the bios!

Ladies, find a bio you like - I like mine from vol 2 of the thread. They are usually the second or third post in the threads. Just check your subscribed threads list and find one of yours. You can PM it to me.

Hey ladies! Lots to report and lots to look forward to. Yes, change the name, but keep the volume numbers. Those are cool!

DGFs mom had surgery last week to repair a bowel blockage. She'd had a hernia for years, and the bowel was blocked there. Luckily they didn't have to resection the bowel, just repair the ab wall muscle. Still a long recovery ahead. Operation was Thursday. She moved from ICU to regular bed Sunday. Likely will spend another week in the hospital and then head for rehab. Sue went over Thursday. I followed Friday on the train. We returned home Sunday with her mom's dog, Gus. He and Stretch have been negotiating which one gets to sit on Sue's right. Apparently it's a better spot ; )

I am down to the last few runs and sleeps before my first marathon - track me - bib 6902. Everything feels okay. I am travelig with our friend Robin. She grew up in central FL and saw a LOT of WDW as a kid. She returned once in 2000, but hasn't been back since. I get to show her AK and DHS! Her DGF is like mine about Disney... "eh". This is perfect!

Since I'm sitting on an AP I am considering the Princess. Who's going? Does it sell out? When does it sell out? Could I share a room with someone?

Okay, that's it.

Ronda

LOVE keeping the volume #s! So it will be Team Goddess - Vol 11?

I am glad to hear Sue's mom is doing well, considering. Also, I love how you have this dog sitting house, where everyone plays together. It's so cozy sounding. I want to come play with the dogs!

YAY on the fewer sleeps!!! SO exciting. Are you just amazed with yourself and so proud? Marathon runner!!!! That's really neat to travel with a friend - I have been to WDW with my BFF and those trips have been great. So different from spouses or anyone else, really.

Nancy will give you all the Princess details - we try not to have them on the thread. That's mostly because of me, I have a slight crazy who might be lurking! You never know!

So, two days on WW so far. I am not totally hating life. :lmao: I did realize, after my months of wondering and whining, that the only way for me to get in exercise is to wake up at 5am. That's it. It's that or nothing. After work/school is filled with my child and her activities and making dinner. Night is a possibility, but 8pm is late for me to leave the house! So 9pm bedtime and 5am wake up and trying to squeeze in more than a mile, since the hubs has to leave for work super early. But a mile or two is better than nothing, right?

Happy Hump Day

Liz, I just sent you my bio. I have to say I am tearing up a bit reading my fist bio post, I am so not that person anymore. Thanks to all of you.
Wow, to read what my goals were and now look at me!!!

So, two days on WW so far. I am not totally hating life. :lmao: I did realize, after my months of wondering and whining, that the only way for me to get in exercise is to wake up at 5am. That's it. It's that or nothing. After work/school is filled with my child and her activities and making dinner. Night is a possibility, but 8pm is late for me to leave the house! So 9pm bedtime and 5am wake up and trying to squeeze in more than a mile, since the hubs has to leave for work super early. But a mile or two is better than nothing, right?

First - WW. I've been doing the new Points Plus since Thursday. Well, technically I signed up Thursday mid-day, so that doesn't count. Then there was NYE, and my family Christmas party Sunday. So, really I guess Friday, Monday, Tuesday, and today makes day #4. It's a little different from 15 years ago. The point values & calculation methods are different. And I SWEAR I get too many points. :confused3 I'm doing WW on-line but I'm tempted to go to a center or find a local meeting to make sure I'm really supposed to get the points that the website says I get.

And Second. YES! I think any miles are better than no miles when it comes to getting exercise in!

Happy Hump Day

Liz, I just sent you my bio. I have to say I am tearing up a bit reading my fist bio post, I am so not that person anymore. Thanks to all of you.
Wow, to read what my goals were and now look at me!!!

I can't wait to see these bios! Gotta go find mine!:laughing:

My first ever post, from Volume 1:

Well, I did something today that I've never done before. I found this thread and I read every page - every post, every word!

I laughed (a lot), I cried (well, almost...) and mostly I feel like I found some kindred spirits.

Ok - enough of the sappy, "your freakin' me out, stalker" stuff! I'd love to be part of your family if you have room for one more...I bring with me an irreverant view of life, the ability to laugh at - oh I mean with - other people (and louder at myself) , a desire to shed a few unwanted pounds, and my fair share of excess baggage.

Now to look up bios :laughing:

There are several bios at the start of this thread.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2368903

Check it out. I can't believe I got in on the end of volume 4.

Ronda

Wow, that's both cool and depressing. 2 years ago, and I am pretty much at the same place as then, from a weight perspective. Worrying about getting swept at the Princess, which I suppose this year I am worrying about even getting to run it.

About 8 lbs more, actually, but I am hopeful that a good bit of that is water weight as a 16 lb weight gain in 3 weeks seems a bit excessive. I guess I did eat my weight in junk after all!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!