In Search of My Body....Not the One I ATE! Vol. 5: Goddesses are Always on Top!

Where IS everyone?? You all couldn't possibly have something better to do than post on the thread??

Now that I have had tequila straight up, what else would anyone recommend drinking straight up? I've done vodka, and that did not end pretty.:sick:

OMG, no! Do not do vodka shots. Yuck. Same with rum. Yuck-fest.

Jack Daniels is good as a shot.
So is Bailey's (OMG, yum! But not diet friendly.)
Cabin Fever is great and you would love it as a former New Englander.
And let's not forget Jamieson's. Any Irish whiskey will work.

Oh! You HAVE to get any of the Baja liquors. Baja Rosa is my favorite. But there are several. Imagine a cross between Bailey's and Tequila. THE BEST drink ever. Again, not diet friendly.

I'll check the liquor cabinet for other thoughts....

NANCY----Welcome home!! And you are drunk too! Woo-Hoo!

Vodka shots were in college as a freshman. Did not know any better. Blech.

so , I was reading my new Rachel Ray magazine on the plane.

There is a whole "strawberry" feature. One of the recipes is for a strawberry vodka drink. You soak a bunch of berries overnight until the vodka gets pink.

Then you strain out the berries, mix with blah, blah, blah, and drink. well, what do they think I'm doing with those berries? throwing them OUT? I do no think so.

Fruit. Saturated in vodka. Eating them of course.

Nancy--That drink sounds awesome! And would eat the strawberries too!

The squash, zucchini and cucumbers are coming out of the ground finally. I can't wait for some fresh veggies.

As far as the RA, hasn't been too terrible lately. We've had a lot of nice, albeit, windy weather lately. But, it's been on the warm side and that seems to help my arthritis.

Thanks for asking!!!! :)

Sounds like so far so good then ~ both accounts.

Live reports here!

I came home from the school drop off and decided to take a nap. I'm tired. Like, for DAYS with the traveling. So nap I did.

Now Kat is up and I'm up and we're going to pick up our race packets - like 45 mins from my house. Then we'll get both kids from school. Lunch would be good somewhere in there.

Yes, i so need to take pictures. I have not taken one You know I'm tired, eh?

Naptimes rock! Have fun!!

Happy Friday all!

Liz and Kat-- Have fun!! Pics are a must!!!

Paula--Re-reading books 6 and 7 was so much fun. I missed so much the first time through. I will be seeing Star trek when we go to NC in a couple weeks. I wasn't excited at first but it looks pretty good!

Kelly--Post reception details when you can!

I can NOT believe some of you have not watched twilight yet. You better get on it!!! :lmao::lmao:

I am off to spend my afternoon waiting on a plumber to get here (just a minor problem, thankfully) and applying for jobs!

Will be back later!

I admit it! And I am so sorry. :( I will take my shirataki noodle lashing later.

edward on New Moon set...

normal_034.jpg

Now, I am usually one to mock DH's star trek obsession. Have I ever told you about the little tree he puts up in his office at xmas with all of his freaking star trek ornaments?? Scary. :scared1:

But this is why I am going to go see the movie. Chris Pine.

Chris%20Pine%20Talks%20%20Captain%20Kirk%20Role.jpg

Not as hot as edward of course, but still some major eye candy.

Um, yummy! Never heard of him.

And re: twilight (the movie) in the baseball scene where edward flips off emmett, you can also sorta hear emmett say something like WTH are you doing? Obviously it has to be something that Rpatz and Kellan added in on their own. Love the Cullens.:lovestruc

I'm on every Twilight website - Google Reader - so yes, LOVE the men of the wolf pack. :thumbsup2 Sigh.

Kat and I are holding down the couch again. :)

We picked up our packets and shirts! Yay! Then we before we got the kids we went to the sub shop in town. The owners are super nice and their kid goes to school with Emily, so when we walked in with no cash and they didn't take cards, they gave us our lunch, just drop off the money when you have the chance! Sooo townie. Then they and we walked to the school and got the kids. Matthew's not feeling well, so we bagged the park and he's resting on the couch.

We have a major night out tonight, so it's good we're resting up for it!

Oh, heard form Steph! Tests were clear and blood work better than last year! Great news!!! :cool1: She's at work until late tonight, so can't get on until then but wanted us to know the good news!

Oh, I love when businesses do that.

I am not a Star Trek fan, but definitely have a bit of sci-fi here and there.

We are enjoying a bit of down time, kids are watching a movie. I had a yummy NJ deli sub for lunch, mm. We also went and picked up our race packets, and I had a nice tour of Liz's town. Pretty.

Tomorrow I think includes bar and beach. Tonight is dinner and bar in town with more friends I get to meet. Once I clean up, Liz is allowed to take pics.

Beach and bar. Sounds like a good time to me. Would love to be a little mouse, lol.

Trying to catch up here.

But. My reflexes are slow :rolleyes1

And now I'm eating ice cream

And. I've spent the last week sharing a hotel room with my husband AND my daughter.

you don't need to be a rocket scientist to figure out what THAT means. :laughing:

Liz and Kat - I have heard stories about couches mysteriously lifting into the air so it is a good thing that you two are holding it down. Rest up and party hard tonight...

Thanks for the update on Steph - that is fantastic news!

Today seems to be the day for good news. The office manager in my company's local office had been laid off with today being her last day. She was asked to stay on so no lay off. I also found out that the big state project that we have been waiting to hear if they were going to actually do or not since August is actually going to happen. If all goes as planned, we should be starting the job by the end of June. This is huge as I can now breathe a sigh of relief that I will be employed for the foreseeable future (it is a six year project minimum). A truly happy day I think... :goodvibes

Later,
Paula

That's great news Paula!

Oh Stephanie, so excited for you!

Trying to catch up here.

But. My reflexes are slow :rolleyes1

And now I'm eating ice cream

And. I've spent the last week sharing a hotel room with my husband AND my daughter.

you don't need to be a rocket scientist to figure out what THAT means. :laughing:

:lmao::rotfl::lmao:

Hi! OMG, I am already DONE with baseball season and it is only day 2. I am in between practices right now.

Ok, so here's something. Remember the other day when I posted that I had lost? Well, ever since that day, I have been eating like it's my job! (Thanks for the phrase, Liz.) Seriously, just chowing! And I leave for vacation in 13 days! WT F?!?!?! WHY am I doing this? So pissed at myself!

Talked with Kat and Liz. Emily's little friend puked on Liz's floor. Knowing Kat's natural maternal instincts, I found that to be HI LAR IOUS. It is going to be in the 80s for their 5k on Sunday. Heck, even Maine is going to be in the 70s tomorrow and Sunday! YES! I am heading up to camp tomorrow morning to get a bunch of stuff done, but I am totally taking an hour off in the middle of the afternoon to go for a long paddle. (kayaking)

The beach park today was brilliant. Loved it. Kids had a ball and I got to catch up with one of my good friends who I haven't gone out with in ages.

Lyz! Funny.

LisaPR is running this week-end, and I am not sure if it is Saturday or Sunday. I'll look it up. Marathons are usually on Sundays.

Amy! Miss you. You haven't been posting enough lately.

Oh! Only a couple of pages to go! Let's see if we can get to it tonight! :rotfl2:

Hang in there E! I have those days too and they suck.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!