In Search of my Body...Not The One I ate...#3 "Crowning Goddesses As We Go"

Dizneydawn

One Road Trip Away From A STRAIGHT JACKET! Wanna
DVC Gold

Here we are on our third installment and wanting to let people know we have room for more.

There are some qualifications to join this tight band of friends though...

#1 You must be open to yourself and others about why you want a better you...inside and out.

#2 Must like to laugh...and cry..and cheer each other on selflessly and diligently without judgement.

#3 Need to be willing to share what is working for you in the weight loss department...and what isn't cause we can't help what we don't know and can't emulate what we don't see.

#4 ( This by far is the most important...)

You must...absolutley have to...like to look at your weight with a grain of salt and know it does not dictate who you are but where you are in this journey of life.

I like to say that life is like a photo album...if you are not happy with the pictures you are seeing...take some new ones and flip the page.

This may seem like a pretty serious intro for someone who is usually a smart mouth...and it is...but after reading the last of the pages in Chapter 2...there is a point of gratitude that is so overwhelming to me that humour would only decrease the respect and pure pride I feel in my friends.

And they are my friends.

In every sense of the word.

They are the strongest, bravest and most beautiful women (and one dude) that I have ever had the privalege of knowing...and if I had to count the people in my life that have come and gone...

this board is proof that great people...come to you in all forms...

and some...without ever physically touching you...can alter your life...in ways never imagined...

and that my friends...

Is the beauty of this board...

Because it may be classified as a weight loss thread...

But it is life long friendships that will forever remain ...even when the fat is gone...and the calories are counted...and the diet books are layed to rest...

Because the weight is only skin deep...but the heart of these people...is infinite.

So come with us if you want...but be forewarned...that you will not find a bunch of people here only complaining about a pound or two lost or gained...

You will find within...a humbled gathering of spirits...

"Crowning Goddesses As We Go."

Signing in for Chapter 3! Woo Hoo!

Have I told you guys how much I love you???

In search of my body...not the one I ate! 12/26/2007 – 4/29/2008

In search of my body...not the one I ate! Part Deux... We sit at the popular table! 4/24/2008 – 9/16/2008

CAST:
Dizneydawn (Minnesota)
#1 Name and Family you care to share plus a little about your weight struggles/programs you are on:Dawn age 37...I have 3 kids - (M) Treyner is 17, (F) Carsyn is 15 and (M)Baylor is 12 1/2. Dan is the man in my life God blessed me to have at a time I thought love would never be in my vocabulary...and you may hear of Chad - he is the kid's Dad and sometimes refered here as "Giant Turd" (BTW: who coined that? E was that you?)
I currently weigh about 250 - and have been doing WW for about 2 months - not faithfully though! My goal is 145...and that will be achievable!
#2 What are some of your trigger foods?Carbs...in all forms...pasta, bread..sweet crusty sourdough...and many cookies...
#3 What form of excersize (activity) would you love to do but have limmited yourself from due to weight/confidence? I want to scuba dive in the worst way...and many outdoor activities that my size has scared me away from...like white water rafting, mountain biking, rock climbing (oh...that might be my nails deterring there!)
#4 Occupation (if legal)Tupperware DIQ
#5 What do you want to achieve from a healthier body / lifestyle?Shop and not worry if they have clothes to fit in the store, not be worried about booths at restraunts, not worry about lap bars on rides...play a game of soccer with my kids without them taking it easy on me...
#6 If you could celebrate with anything when you reach/ed goal, what would it be...or what would it have been?A trip to the Keys...and have a boat chartered for a few days also...with some beautiful, white, cotton shirts and skirts...

3DisneyKids (Maine)
#1 Name and Family you care to share plus a little about your weight struggles/programs you are on:Me, Erika (38) married to Jeff (41) with three kids; boy (9) and two girls (7 and almost 6). Program: I run like a crazy person and workout like all the time. Sort of calorie counting but need to get better.
#2 What are some of your trigger foods?I am pretty good here. I don't eat crap...just too much in general.
#3 What form of exercise (activity) would you love to do but have limited yourself from due to weight/confidence?Surfing! I live on the coast and have always been an ocean girl. And I miss surfing. Wetsuits are no friend to those with even the slightest bulge.
#4 Occupation (if legal)
University professor for a uni here in Maine. Ph.D. in Behavioral Science. I teach primarily online so that I can work around my kids' schedules. As such, I am online a lot. Note my prolific posting.
#5 What do you want to achieve from a healthier body / lifestyle?
A smokin' hot bod. This sounds trite, but it is real. I have always been healthy, even when overweight. 40 is right around the corner and if I have to turn 40, I want to be freaking fabulous!
#6 If you could celebrate with anything when you reach/ed goal, what would it be...or what would it have been?Lots of stuff, really. New wardrobe, of course. Disney cruise...a must. A trip with my new BFFs in Dec!

AKASnowWhite (CT)
#1 Name and Family you care to share plus a little about your weight struggles/programs you are on:Nancy (42) married for *almost* 20 years (anniv. 10/1) to DH(Stephen -46)...3 kids...2 boys, Seth-17 & Nate-15 and girl Becca-who will be 13 in November
#2 What are some of your trigger foods?
oh. just "some"? Bread. Cheese. and Wine. Definitely wine. I don't really eat "bad" food - just too much of the good stuff.
#3 What form of excersize (activity) would you love to do but have limmited yourself from due to weight/confidence? (Steph...be PG... )
I don't feel limited by my weight at this point in time...
#4 Occupation (if legal)
Paid job (part time, full time during the fall) I work at a local apple orchard where I cook in the farm kitchen - open year 'round, but insanely busy during the "apple season". Other than the owner, the only full-time employee.
Non-paying job (more of a hobby gone wrong! )- we raise goats. Lots and lots of goats. Both dairy (for the milk) and meat. I make and sell goat milk soap with some of my excess milk.
I know how much better I feel when I'm not carrying the excess that I have right now - and when I'm eating a much "cleaner" diet. And when I feel good, I think that really has a positive effect on my whole outlook and attitude
#6 If you could celebrate with anything when you reach/ed goal, what would it be...or what would it have been?
ummm..dunno. I've been at goal. And I'm working on it again! Does it seem right to reward myself for a "do-over"? Guess it's time to re-evaluate that one.

Amykab
Real Life Name: Amy
Family: DH, DD Delena Raine, 2 cats and a dog
Goals: Lose 30 more pounds by the WDW 1/2, complete a 5K with no walk breaks and complete the WDW 1/2 09 in under 3 hours
Interesting facts: Just tonight I perfected my from scratch mojito recipe. Yes, I run so I can still enjoy my adult drinks! I can give up sweets with no problems...Beer, mojitos, sangria. Not so much.
Inside story you want to share: I've lost over 30 pounds since feb 08. This got rid of all my baby weight and then some. Now I am out to lose the 30 I could have stood to lose pre baby. Mostly I've been running/walking and have started pilates. As far as diet goes, I've just been watching portions.
Favorite Disney Park, ride and song: EPCOT, TOT and MNSSHP parade music.

Astro Orbitor (Miami, FL)
#1 Name and Family you care to share plus a little about your weight struggles/programs you are on:
Deb (40 this month), DH (40), Kaitlyn (6). No pets, though Kaitlyn's begging for a fish to talk to when she gets lonely. No specific program, just trying to count calories and get moving. My struggle is travel. Late hours, hotel foods, catered lunches, dinners with customers, wonky time zones.
Chips and salsa, oreos, m&ms, reese's mini peanut butter cups, tootsie rolls.
#3 What form of exercise (activity) would you love to do but have limited yourself from due to weight/confidence?
Rock climbing, I think. There's an indoor place about 30 minutes from here.
#4 Occupation (if legal)Engineering Manager for a company that makes VIP and Super-First Class seats. (Watch the news - my sweat and blood is in the Qantas A380 first class (beige) seats - first delivery is on Friday!)
Feel better about myself. I have 2 sisters, both size 4-6. I've always been 'the fat one' in the family, even at a size 10... Also hoping to avoid joint / blood sugar problems.
#6 If you could celebrate with anything when you reach/ed goal, what would it be...or what would it have been?Not sure. Diving? (Though I'm certified, I haven't been under since Kaitlyn was born). Skinny clothes, for sure. Don't know that I'll ever have the right body image for a bikini. Gifting away my clothes I won't fit into anymore.

believen:
Real Life name- Vicki
Location-DFW, Texas
Family- happily married for 22 years. I'm 42. DD(21), DS(19), DS(17)
Dogs- Roxy (corgi), Charlie (chihuahua)
Occupation- Wife. Mom, doer of all things that must be done and no one else wants to do- usually appreciated.
Goals- lose 45 lbs, exercise
Struggles- emotional eating- when I'm stressed, tired, happy, bored, excited..........
Interesting fact- I have a sister named Vickie. She was adopted at birth and they named her Vickie. Ten years later, I'm born, my Dad names me Vicki. Vickie found us when I was 16. We are so much alike and best friends! But she is tall and thin- I don't like being the short and fat one!
Inside story- I've lost 3 special people in the last 20 months, my Dad, my mother-in-law, and my sister-in-law, and gained lots of weight. I'm ready for some healing.
Fav. Disney park- Magic Kingdom,
Fav. ride- Expedition Everest,
Fav. song- all of them, but my new fav. is from Enchanted "How does she know"
Anything else to add- I'm a great listener, it's a gift. Even if I don't chime in much, I'm here listening and laughing.

born2bird

Real Life Name: Kim
Family: Chris (dh), Ian (ds3), Ethan (ds2), Norman (Jenday Conure), Jordan (Sun Conure), Molly (Chesapeake Retriever), Ellie (muttish, australian shepherd)
Occupation: Government Contractor; I work with government employees learning critical languages for their jobs
Goals: lose 30 lbs
Struggles: anything that is or has potato in it, chocolate, and did I say potatoes
Interesting facts: I have a degree in Biology with a concentration in Ornithology. I have done West Nile Virus Research and spent many a day in the woods catching birds.
Inside story you want to share: I have recovered from an 17 year battle with an eating disorder and I want to stay healthy and set the right example for my children.
Favorite Disney Park, ride and song: Pirates of course
Anything else you want to add: I love this thread and the support and friendship that I have found here.

BrcsDisneyPrncs
Real Life Name: Stacey
Family: Soon to be Hubby Bruce
Goals: lose 100ish pounds, be happy and content with myself
Struggles: weight, stress
Interesting facts: how many benefits coordinators do YOU know with a degree in Recombinant Gene Technology.... thats right, i'm cool
Inside story you want to share: maybe later...
Favorite Disney Park, ride and song: MK, Pirates!

DisneyWorld Delight (OH-IO)

#1 Name and Family you care to share plus a little about your weight struggles/programs you are on:
Lyz (31) Hubs (31) Molli (12) Maddi (5) Marvin (dog 10). I am not on any specific program, unless you count Wishing. The goal is to count calories and exercise daily.
Chocolate, breads, sweets and well pretty much I can turn anything into an eating binge without much effort.
#3 What form of excersize (activity) would you love to do but have limmited yourself from due to weight/confidence? (Steph...be PG... )
Swimming in public, with people I know.
#4 Occupation (if legal)
Construction office. It's just me. Jack of all that is paperwork related.
#5 What do you want to achieve from a healthier body / lifestyle?Me! I want to find me. I want to feel confidence and shop till I drop. And feel worthy of it all.
#6 If you could celebrate with anything when you reach/ed goal, what would it be...or what would it have been?
Wear scarves and fashion forward clothing. Enjoy my life in the moment cause I'm not preoccupied with the "now me".

DISNEY4XMAS (NY, near VT and Canada)
Stephanie or the "SNUFFSTER" thanks dawn! Family Stephen(stephan)Dh, Samantha DD 14, Zac DS 8, Tyler DS 6, Step-son Nate 16.5
Weight struggles has been since I can remember I was always the biggest in my class. I joined WW in march of 08 and have lost 30 pounds so far!
#2 What are some of your trigger foods?Sweets any type and i love to bake and sample them!
#3 What form of exercise (activity) would you love to do but have limited yourself from due to weight/confidence? (Steph...be PG... )
I would like to start walking and maybe just maybe running E~ shhhh!
#4 Occupation (if legal)Phlebotomist, ie: BLOOD DRAWER, VAMPIRE, BLOOD SUCKER! yup thats me!
I guess not more *EXERCISE*
I would like to be able to, not worry about looking for stylish clothes, Not to be in search of clothes that are Proper for my age (34) Not many BIG GIRL shops around here! I have the choices of Sears, Pennies and DEB! Oh and don't forget Wally world!
A day at a SPA! To be pampered by a stranger! AND a NEW wardrobe.

goofyfan-12 (Upstate, NY)
#1 Name and Family you care to share plus a little about your weight struggles/programs you are on:Paula (37)... I am single with no kids, but my sister and my parents are very much a part of my life...
Reese's peanut butter cups.... good crusty bread.... my mom's corned beef... or my mom's pot roast...
#3 What form of exercise (activity) would you love to do but have limited yourself from due to weight/confidence?
I am getting better at this, but I would love to be able to hike the mountains and not feel weird about not being able to keep up...
#4 Occupation (if legal)
I am an architect by education and a construction manager by training. I work on a job site managing the contractors for large commercial projects. Currently working on restoration work at the NYS Capitol in Albany. It may not be exercise, but it will be nice to not have to worry about the load capacity of a ladder anymore...
As much as I want to say that I want a longer life, but I really want to have the confidence in myself to know that I fit in and can stop feeling like a freak in society...
I want to shop in any damn store I choose and not just the plus sized ones...

grumpyyoungguy
Real Life Name: Dan
Family: Torianna (DD 13), Mary "Dani" (DD 11), Dawn significant other, Blaze and Bullseye (DC) (Kids have custody of the cats )
Goals: Retire and travel the world 1 month at a time with my true love
Struggles: Divorce, I am fat !!!
Interesting facts: Nothing that interesting about me
Inside story you want to share: Not at this time but maybe later
Favorite Disney Park, ride and song: Epcot, Soarin, "A whole new world"
Anything else you want to add: Nopers

HockeyKat (Durham, NC)
Kathryn (32), family is hubby (37), cat Trinity and kitten Maya. I do calorie counting via Sparkpeople and exercise, mostly weight training, elliptical/arc, and ice hockey. I have struggled with weight most of my adult life, put on 70 lbs since starting to date hubby, took off 60 of it but have put some back on.
Chips, salsa con queso, french onion dip, beer, pizza, french fries
I don't care much what people think... if you don't want to watch my fat a$$, look away!
#4 Occupation (if legal)Computer programmer, now for a software company that does real-time hospital inventory and asset tracking
Feel better about myself, more attractive, etc.
Not sure

Lisaviolet
Real Life Name: Lisa
Family: I was about to say I don't have one. I'm sure my parents, siblings, nieces and nephews would be pleased. I don't have my own, I mean. Unfortunately.
Occupation: Teach new immigrants to Canada. Also, I have a side business - Disney travel agent
Goals: To feel like I'm at a good size - weight. Numbers don't do it for me. I could win a thousand stuff animals at the "Guess your weight" booth. If I was confident enough that is.
Interesting facts: Hmmmm. I'll get back to that. There are some, really.
Favorite Disney Park, ride and song: Not park. I love them all. But my favourite (aaah here's a Canadian spelling already) place is either the Boardwalk or the FW/WL/CR triangle. Oh, maybe a hammock on Poly's beach or DD when it's really crowded.
Anything else you want to add: Thank you

live4christp1
Real Life Name: Cristy
Family: DH (Keith), DS11 (Micah), DD5 (Alicia), one cat - Shadow, one bird - Sherbert
Goals: 60 pounds off for good
Struggles: Have a hard time making time for me, not very motivated, tired
Interesting Facts: Have performed on the stage of The Grand Ole Opry
Inside Story You Want to Share: DH joined the National Guard last year, his weight just fell off.....makes me so jealous.
Favorite Disney Park, Ride, and Song: Magic Kingdom, Philarmagic (not really a ride), music played during Wishes.
Anything Else You Want to Add: Looking for friends to share like goals and struggles. I love the DIS and spend way to much time here. I did recently win an auction for the Ronald McDonald House - it's a 3-month membership to Curves. Just gotta work it into my schedule.

MaMabearJo
Real Life Name: Jodi Lynn Fritz
Family: Husband (Lyle) Son (Zac 20) Daughter (Hanna 16) Daughter (Sara 15) Dogs: Morgan, Sammy, Buck, Bear, Cats: Chewbaka, Tiger, Oliver, Corby
Occupation: Owner: Dakota Transport, trucking Company, Owner: Dakota Plowing, Plowing Company
Goals:Getting healthy and fit by 2009: Keeping my family Happy and healthy.
Struggles: weight
Interesting facts:nothing to exciting just a good person...
Anything else you want to add: I love to be with my family and friends, my hobbies are flowers, reading, movies, and quilting.

MunkyMe13 (Scottsdale AZ)
Sarah, DH Will, Cats: Otis and Wiley
#2 What are some of your trigger foods?salsa con queso, quepapas from pizza hut, tortilla chips
#3 What form of excersize (activity) would you love to do but have limmited yourself from due to weight/confidence? (Steph...be PG... )I'd love to hike more and run
#4 Occupation (if legal)
Sales for a Diamond Wholesaler (bitter subject)
I want to be able to feel better about myself, keep up with my hub and live longer
#6 If you could celebrate with anything when you reach/ed goal, what would it be...or what would it have been?I am going to get my belly button pierced, get a tattoo and go to Disneyland! LOL!!!

princessrunner
Lisa, DH Mike, DD13 Shelby and DS7 (today) David. Yes, I was in the delivery room on 9/11/01. I had post baby weight gain in my 30s, post baby and post caring. Then I lost my dad to colon cancer when I was 37. Rocked my world. I decided to eat better, exercise more and live longer than he did.
Trigger foods: Ummm....food. I love to eat. Oh, and beer darn it... You know the shirt "will run for beer", I live it.
I would really like to do most any exercise. What limits me more is body image than body size. I guess we all have our hang ups. I would LOVE to teach (being a soon to be CFT) endurance training but I have to live that first too.
#4 Occupation (if legal)
Medical transcriptionist. Not glamorous but it puts food on the table and pays the insurance.
I just want to teach my kids that you need to be healthy and that being strong and healthy is beautiful. I want them to also see that when you put your mind to something, you can achieve it.
#6 If you could celebrate with anything when you reach/ed goal, what would it be...or what would it have been?If I could celebrate any way when I achieved a goal, hey I'd be going to Disney World!!!!!!!!!! I usually celebrate by buying myself something. The last time it was a Michael Kors fest.

SeptemberGirl (New Jersey)
#1 Name and Family you care to share plus a little about your weight struggles/programs you are on: Liz, 34, Husband Nick, 34, Daughter Emily, 4.
I started WW in on Oct 24, 2007 at 237lbs. As of 9/19/08, I have lost 75lbs.
My trigger moments are more important than my foods. When bored, suffering ennui, or deep-bone sad, I turn to ice cream and popcorn. I will cross alligators to eat popcorn, but when in sound mind can eat it in moderation. I also love bread, good cheese, and all types of booze.
I have become a runner. A baby runner, to be sure, and my a$$ still slaps alarmingly as a I run, but I can do it now. However, I want to do it unobserved, so I go for the cardio theater at the gym - dark and cool and no one can see you - or run outside where no one else is. I don't want to be watched running pathetically.
#4 Occupation (if legal)
I am a freelance writer and editor. Currently, I work with a start-up helping them with writing projects and managing their project planning and setting realistic goals. I also work with clients who are writing books - in my former life I was a fulltime book editor in NYC.
I want to be a smoking hot mom.
#6 If you could celebrate with anything when you reach/ed goal, what would it be...or what would it have been?I will celebrate with an expensive pair of jeans, a trip to Dec to meet my DIS buddies on this thread, and I am tossing around getting my teeth whitened.

sdarwkcabemanmy
Abu, DH and DS Superguy. The last time I stepped on a scale (which was about a year ago at the dr's office) I weighed 180. I have not stepped on a scale since then, so I don't know what I weigh now and I'm not really sure I want to know sometimes. I do know that I have not gained nor really lost any weight since the last time I went to the dr's because my clothes has not gotten too tight or looser either.
Anything salty and anything fried.I LOVE southern 'comfort foods' too like fried chicken, fried okra, mashed potatoes w/cream gravy, greens..*drool*
Jogging..I would love to be able to jog because I've heard it burns more calories than just walking but I'm so fat, I'm afraid I'll just look stupid. That and I have knee problems, partially due to my weight, partially due to genetics.
#4 Occupation
SAHM
#5 What do you want to achieve from a healthier body / lifestyle?Feel better about myself..so that I feel sexy again, which I haven't felt in years.
Going to WDW of course! I would live there, if I could.

I just registered my dh and myself for the Light the Night Walk for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society... I am excited... its just a walk but its a start and its for a great cause... As soon as I get my registration email I will make my page and post a link... We are gonna be Team Pookie :)

Here is my site:
http://www.active.com/donate/ltnPhoeni/2273_ssmithLTN110

Enjoy!!!

I just registered my dh and myself for the Light the Night Walk for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society... I am excited... its just a walk but its a start and its for a great cause... As soon as I get my registration email I will make my page and post a link... We are gonna be Team Pookie :)

Here is my site:
http://www.active.com/donate/ltnPhoeni/2273_ssmithLTN110

Enjoy!!!

That's fantastic Sarah.:thumbsup2

Hey everyone!

HEY! We need intros!!! STAT. Lyz, copying over? Taking E's place holder and making it the intros? come on, gang, we need to have our reference guide!!!

Go see my last post on thread 2. xoxo

Packin'? I'm not packin'. I'm Canadian don't you know it - we leave our doors wide open!:lmao::rotfl: ;)

My God. I need sleep.

My bad... that was meant for someone else and I spaced out on the name!! LOL I'm a kook lately...

Sarah, awesome! I will definitely support you!

Awesome! Thanks!!!

I am so excited to do my walk... I'm even more excited that DH is willing and wanting to do it with me... Anywho its nap time so off I go!! Hope everyone has a pleasant evening :)

HEY! We need intros!!! STAT. Lyz, copying over? Taking E's place holder and making it the intros? come on, gang, we need to have our reference guide!!!

Bossy bossy. I'll work on it.

I DID see your post. It is amazing. I didn't want to post after it and spoil it. 2 good notes to end on Liz.

Ha cha cha cha

You call this a post???? :lmao:

need #4 too. mmmkay

Geez. Greedy McReedy. (Cause this is something you would say! :rotfl2: )

Definitely we need the digest, Lyz. And yes, I know your other post was a place holder. :goodvibes

I DID see your post. It is amazing. I didn't want to post after it and spoil it. 2 good notes to end on Liz.

I felt the same way. Saw that post and was like, PERFECT note to end on. :goodvibes

AIM? I'm game. (Yes, I have been this way all day. It is part of taper madness, I am told...)

Oh, and LYZ...I think we need besides the info - and you need to come up with a new one, no? :rotfl: the link to the two other threads. Because we like to look forward while honoring our past.

Can I just say how happy I am that Bob & Jillian are back in my living room? I need this kick in the pants right now.... :worship:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!