In Memory of Bob - Give Kids the World

Mouse Skywalker

<font color=green>The Force is strong with this Po
I am still so shocked and saddened about the news of Bob's passing. We have all lost a caring soul and kindred spirit. I was wishing there was something I could do, and I decided to give a donation in Bob's memory to Give Kids the World. I learned about this charity from the PodCast, and it seemed like the perfect way to remember Bob's kindness and spirit.

I've included the link if anyone else wishes to donate as well.

https://app.etapestry.com/hosted/GiveKidstheWorld/OnlineGiving.html

When I made my donation there was a place I could put "in memory of", and then I wrote in Bob Varley. I asked for a confirmation to be sent to:

DIS Unplugged
4417 13th Street
# 475
St. Cloud, Florida

Again, all my condolences in this deep time of loss.

What a lovely, thoughtful gesture. I'm certain that Bawb would be pleased. :hug:

Dave - This is a terrific idea...I will be making my donation later today.

This is a terrific idea. I wanted to do something too. I think Bob would be very pleased with this. Thanks for making the suggestion. Jennifer.

I was trying to think of something like this while I was drying my hair this morning. Thank you for the suggestion! I would be happy to donate in Bawb's name

That is an excellent idea. I will be doing the same as well.

I to think this is a great idea and a great charity but we may want to wait to hear from Pete or Kevin to see what Diana would like us to do.... Bawb was such a special person and we are such a large group we can really have an inpact on whatever charity they choose so maybe we should sit tight for a bit... Pete, Kevin or Regina will all let us know as soon as they know

Thanks Dave - we all want to do something but it feels like nothing is enough. I think it would bring Bob great joy to know that children will enjoy Disney World in his memory. I'm glad to be able to something to help.

done...thank you again for the idea! I'm sure that this would have made Bawb very happy

I to think this is a great idea and a great charity but we may want to wait to hear from Pete or Kevin to see what Diana would like us to do.... Bawb was such a special person and we are such a large group we can really have an inpact on whatever charity they choose so maybe we should sit tight for a bit... Pete, Kevin or Regina will all let us know as soon as they know
Should they choose something different, you can count on me for another contribution.

i sent it in, this is a great charity!! I've seen kids from here almost every trip to the world....even flew with a nice family on our last trip!

This is great - I sent something in too, in memory of Bob. If the team and Bob's family comes up with something else, I'll be glad to do that as well. Something from Harry Potter ran through my head last night - to paraphrase Dumbledore, Bob will never be gone from the parks as long as people who love him are still in the parks.

This is the least I can do for all the enjoyment Bob and the pod squad give me week after week.

This is great - I sent something in too, in memory of Bob. If the team and Bob's family comes up with something else, I'll be glad to do that as well. Something from Harry Potter ran through my head last night - to paraphrase Dumbledore, Bob will never be gone from the parks as long as people who love him are still in the parks.

Excellent quote.

I actually thought about doing this last night. I wasn't sure what charity to give to. What a great idea. He would love that, I'm sure.

I agree it is a lovely gesture and no reason why a number of legacies can not be made in Bob's memory :goodvibes

Thanks for posting this information. I think it's a wonderful tribute to our friend that many of us didn't get a chance to meet....yet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!