In a studio, and need two ECV’s!

bobbiwoz

I'm happy to dance with you!
DH has more mobility than I do, so we used to rent an ECV in a park for him. However, on our October 7-12 trip twice there were no scooters at the park. So, for our December trip, we are now considering getting two scooters. I can’t imagine getting two into a VGF studio. Is there anywhere outside your room that is available for night charging??

There have been several threads on this topic. People leaving ECV’s in the corridor block other ECV’s, strollers as well as CM’s carts.

If you are creative you will be able to easily charge 2 ECV’s in your studio. Near the balcony is alternative one. Kitchen/bathroom area is another. Near the entrance is a third. Never did a VGF studio but if it has a split bathroom design like Poly studios, tub bathroom would be a fourth.

There have been several threads on this topic. People leaving ECV’s in the corridor block other ECV’s, strollers as well as CM’s carts.

If you are creative you will be able to easily charge 2 ECV’s in your studio. Near the balcony is alternative one. Kitchen/bathroom area is another. Near the entrance is a third. Never did a VGF studio but if it has a split bathroom design like Poly studios, tub bathroom would be a fourth.
Ok…we will give it a try.

At the BCV, there are small alcoves along the corridors and people had charged them there and they were never in the way as far as I could see. I wonder if there are places like that at VGF.

At the BCV, there are small alcoves along the corridors and people had charged them there and they were never in the way as far as I could see. I wonder if there are places like that at VGF.

I know what you mean at BCV about those alcoves, jutting areas, but when I was last at VGF, I don't remember anything except straight corridors. And I don't remember any ECVs in those straight corridors. However, I do remember bell services was very pushy (I thought) about encouraging me to leave my ECV in the corridor, to the point of offering to help me "put it out there now". Since it was obvious I was solo, he felt he could "help". However, since I had mine in two separate locations within the room while I was there, that's what I'd recommend-near the balcony, and near the entrance.

Two of any scooter that meets the requirements for Disney Transportation can fit in any room on property. In some rooms, you may need to ask for a table to be moved or removed, but that is rare. We have easily fit two Maximas into a VGF studio space with no issues and that is about the largest you can get on Disney Transportation.

Two of any scooter that meets the requirements for Disney Transportation can fit in any room on property. In some rooms, you may need to ask for a table to be moved or removed, but that is rare. We have easily fit two Maximas into a VGF studio space with no issues and that is about the largest you can get on Disney Transportation.
Thank you for giving your experience!! I feel better knowing it can be done!!

MK gave Tom access to the Disability card when they couldn’t rent him an ECV, but that assumed he can do all the walking. We feel better with the ECV.

I wouldn't leave an ECV out in a hallway - kids climb on them, and I saw a kid pour/spill a soft drink on one. Same thing can happen to them at the parks, of course, if you leave them in the stroller parking area (people seem to think an empty seat is a place to put a drink while they get something out of a stroller or buckle a kid in?) but I'd never leave one unattended all night in the hallway. Between the unsupervised kids, and drunken guests, it's just begging for trouble, IMO.

Disclaimer: I've never been to VGF.

I'm here now in a studio at SSR. I only have one scooter, but I have DS9 on the Murphy bed and still have space for a portable crib for DS1. I think 2 scooters would fit fine in here, although it would be a little inconvenient.

We moved the bench all the way to one side and put the coffee table between it and the TV (against the wall). Then we put the crib between the foot of the bed and the dresser. My scooter is just inside the door and if I didn't need the Murphy bed, I'd put it near the balcony instead.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter