Importance of Express Pass Thanksgiving Week??

heath dog

Can't get enough Disney!
We are complete noobs when it comes to Universal. It has been 20 years. I was wondering how important it is to add the express pass option if we are going Thanksgiving Week? Its a big chunk of money for a family of five but don't want to miss out for being cheap. We are doing Universal Park not Islands or Volcano Bay. And I realize it doesn't work in any Harry Potter

The Harry Potter areas are in both parks. There is Diagon Alley in Universal Studios and Hogsmeade and Hogwarts in Islands of Adventure.

Universal will be as packed as Disney is at this time. I would highly recommend express passes or staying onsite at one of the hotels with express passes included.

It really matters how many days you are going to the parks. I personally would add more days of park tickets instead of EPs if possible. It was surprisingly busy last year on thanksgiving at Studios but on the Wed before Thanksgiving we went to IoA and saw/did everything we wanted and left early.

I would highly recommend staying onsite one night. It gets you unlimited express for 2 days for less than buying it for 5 people for one day. I know you said you are only doing Universal Studios, but The Hogwarts Castle is in Islands of Adventure and a must do in my opinion.

Thanks all! We are only going one day. We are shooting for the Wednesday (day before Thanksgiving) but don't want to stay there because we are borrowing dvc points so trying to not spend much more.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter