I'm Totally Off My Game, a Bonus Trip to WDW - All Wrapped Up! Bonus DL Features, An Extended weekend with friends 2/23

Yea! I can’t wait to read another of your TR’s. I really miss talking to you.

That's a photo of mischievous, right there. ::yes::

He loves that trash can when it's just been emptied!

Oh, no! And I just sent you a whole case from our garden!!

How can you have a garden when you are blanketed with snow?

Nice! When are your dates and where are you staying?

Feb. 3 - 13 at SSR. It was the only one with full availability in an accessible room.

"leaving carnage behind us"...

That was later....

Oh, no! Again! This isn't the best drive to the airport!

Yeah, I need a way to attach my phone to me....

Oh, poop! That's the best part about traveling to Disney!

I know! I can't believe that I made such a rookie move!

Yumm! I'd do either of those. I'm not sure if I've ever had a cinnabon cinnamon roll before.

We've had this discussion.... :rolleyes1 And it appears that not everyone here thinks they are as good as Fran and I do!

Um... aren't the first row or two reserved for people with disabilities? Surprised the driver didn't kick them out.

Yeah, funny how that works... normally they have signs on the seats.

:goodvibes I like that!

At first I was complaining about always getting the same room. This was time #4. But one day when we were rushing back to the room and Fran needed to use the bathroom and she saw all the folks waiting at the elevator and we sped past them to our room, I saw the value in our 1st floor room.

Ah! That was then. Funny... I wasn't all that surprised either... growing pains, you know? But wouldn't hesitate to ride them.

You'd think with these kinds of systems in place all over the world, they would have it figured out. I did hear that the guests were incredibly well compensated.

pfftt… such an easy question.

Veggie? Right?

That looks really good! Wow! I'm impressed.

It was really good. Lots of bacon chunks.

Love your trip reports!

:welcome:

Glad to have you here!

They know the hands that feed them.

More like the hands that pet them. Jim feeds them but he just doesn't show them the attention we do. My little Panchito loves me and follows me all over the house putting her nose all up in my business.

That was exceptional writing!

Well, thanks! :blush:

Yeah, her displeasure escalates rapidly.

::yes::

Well, that escalated quickly

Well, I began looking at rooms from my phone the moment she said we needed to come back. SSR was the only place with full availability, but I thought maybe if I could look from my computer I could find something better. Once we got home I checked a bunch of options. I knew we had to go in Jan or Feb due to other vacation commitments, otherwise it would be November. So once we were home it made sense to pull the rip cord ASAP. I mean ADRs were already open!

Crisis averted

At least one of them.

Almost as bad as the rookie mistake I made on this trip. :headache:

:laughing: Can't wait to hear about that one!

I know exactly what this was. What a night!

I was glad to be safely nested in our room.

You and your phone seem to be having some issues there! Keep track of that thing from now on!

I need it to be attached held to my body with some sort of tether! :laughing:

How convenient to roll into town the night of the skyliner incident. I'm glad it didn't affect you too much aside from a bit of a detour.

Yeah, we were on the fence about whether or not to try riding it. This made our decision for us, and may have made it permanently.

Here!

Great start! Looking forward to more.

Nice for you to stop by!

All caught up. If you forget your DME tags you can give them your luggage claim tags and they will deliver them to your room. I have a friend who does it this way most of the time since she goes on last minute trips a lot. Those cinabon rolls looks awesome. There is only one place here I can get them and it is way over on the other side of the city so I don't have them as often as I would like.

He loves that trash can when it's just been emptied!
Better than before it's emptied!
How can you have a garden when you are blanketed with snow?
Greenhouse.
Feb. 3 - 13 at SSR. It was the only one with full availability in an accessible room.
Ah!
I don't think I've ever even been there.
Yeah, I need a way to attach my phone to me....
We've had this discussion.... :rolleyes1 And it appears that not everyone here thinks they are as good as Fran and I do!
Well, I'd like to see for myself!
At first I was complaining about always getting the same room. This was time #4. But one day when we were rushing back to the room and Fran needed to use the bathroom and she saw all the folks waiting at the elevator and we sped past them to our room, I saw the value in our 1st floor room.
I did hear that the guests were incredibly well compensated.
I hadn't thought about that. Wonder what they got?
Surely not just an anytime FP...
Veggie? Right?
:sad2:

More like the hands that pet them. Jim feeds them but he just doesn't show them the attention we do. My little Panchito loves me and follows me all over the house putting her nose all up in my business.

Cats... LOL!

Well, I began looking at rooms from my phone the moment she said we needed to come back. SSR was the only place with full availability, but I thought maybe if I could look from my computer I could find something better. Once we got home I checked a bunch of options. I knew we had to go in Jan or Feb due to other vacation commitments, otherwise it would be November. So once we were home it made sense to pull the rip cord ASAP. I mean ADRs were already open!

Of course you did!! And while ADRs are nice, a place to sleep is maybe even higher on the priority list!

I was glad to be safely nested in our room.

:cat:

Thanks for the bat signal!

Not the most auspicious start to the trip, but at least you got there!

:welcome: I'm glad you made it!

I'm here!

Mmm...dead cow. The only way to celebrate.

Congratulations! Do you get a coffee mug or something?

Ha! I wish. Pretty much I can go to the DVC forum and find the thread with the 1000 point club and proclaim myself a member. :lmao:

That's some professional stinkeye

She specializes in that. And bites.

Love that shot! :rotfl2:

He's so photogenic!

I know you don't like cilantro in your Grand Marnier souffles.

Yeah only in the chocolate ones.

🤮 🤮🤮

I feel like she's justified here.

Well me too, but as Chairman of the Budget Committee I did not see it in our best financial interests to include a WDW trip in 2020. Unlike in your family, the Budget Committee is frequently overruled.

Funny how quickly things change...

Gotta strike while the iron is hot. Plus it wasn't a huge amount of arm twisting to get me to agree. Just a lot of point borrowing.

For a second, I was thinking ahead and thought you were asking complete strangers if they had seen your phone. :rotfl:

That would have been difficult in the door pocket of the car!

:scared1: Rookie mistake!

I know! I couldn't believe I did that!

::yes:: And good for you!

Totally! :rolleyes1

Almost like he was expecting an accident...

I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of people were...

The only correct choice!

:laughing:

I'm here to read along. Probably won't comment much but I do read your reports.

You 3 are so coordinated in this pic!

And this was just a random meeting too...

Hi there Fran!

As I told pkondz, she doesn't get around here much.....

Especially love orange kitties :)

These two are my babies! I watched them get born!

I will always take your share 👍

You can have it!

Sounds like a good time to go to me :)

I generally like that time of year. Not too hot!

Sounds like us when I have issues getting my US sim fired up

Yeah, not fun. Need to tether it to myself.

yum yum (as long as no raisins in there)

Nope. No dead grapes here!

Yes! I remember seeing pics come online and being like holy crap A&F just got there!

Yeah, probably around the time we were landing.

dang that looks really good!

It was, I was surprised!

That would be brutal for me too!

Hi Alison! Yay!! Another fun trip report. I've been following you for a long time and I don't think I knew you guys met in band. See, you learn something new everyday :rotfl2:

I always say, "It's a good day if you learn something new!" No matter how silly or trivial it is! :laughing:

OK I have found your TR!! LOL. I forget that you write them on the DVC TRs, but as you said, I am a smart girl and found it by myself, buahaha. (and I'm usually bad with directions!)

I figure we stay at a DVC resort, so why not do it there!

DANG!!! OK Now I know who to rent points from. But it makes sense for you guys when you have to do the 1-BR all the time to get more points. Our 100 points a year barely covers 5 nights at the POLY! We can extend to a little over a week if we

Well except that I rented out all my points earlier this year, so I had to borrow a few hundred from 2020 to make this trip. We will be caught back up by 2021 though!

Ooooh sounds wonderful! I wonder if I can squeeze in a trip then! Right now we're set for a long weekend in March for Flower and Garden but I also want to go earlier in the year as I love festival of the Arts!

I've never been to the FotA, and based on your TRs, it looked fun. I'm looking forward to trying some if the fun stuff there!

Oh yes, they do!!

:thumbsup2

That actually looks good for room service pizza! I was scared that they would be pale and bland but that does look tasty.

It really was tasty! The crust was good and it had a lot of bacon. I would have liked mushrooms too, but I was happy to have anything that I didn't need to leave the room to eat!

Thanks for the bat signal. I can't remember if I introduced myself by my Disboard name or not but it was really nice to meet you on that Monday we did the tour together. I am Jessica :)

No! You did not introduce yourself with your Disboard name! I asked our host if she knew any of your names, but she couldn't remember, and didn't think either if you were online anymore. I would have loved to put two and two together at the time.

You were the one with the graphic designer for a husband, right? I'm so awful with names unless I have a context. Well now I know we've met. And I know even more about you from our chats on the WFD thread.

Yea! I can’t wait to read another of your TR’s. I really miss talking to you.

Good to "see" you again!

All caught up. If you forget your DME tags you can give them your luggage claim tags and they will deliver them to your room. I have a friend who does it this way most of the time since she goes on last minute trips a lot.

Well, it worked out OK in the long run. We had our bags when we got to the room and didn't have to wait a few hours. Had we eaten dinner at the airport, that would have eased the pain of how long it takes for the bags to arrive.

Those cinabon rolls looks awesome. There is only one place here I can get them and it is way over on the other side of the city so I don't have them as often as I would like.

I'm not even sure where there is one near me. Probably at the closest mall.

Better than before it's emptied!

Well, it's mostly recycling so it's not like it's dirty trash, but it's no fun to sit in it when all the papers crackle and make noises.

Ah!
I don't think I've ever even been there.

Unless you're staying there, most people don't go there. But the Turf Club is a pretty good restaurant, mostly steaks and seafood. I'm thinking about adding it to our restaurant mix since we're staying there.

Well, I'd like to see for myself!

As well you should.

I hadn't thought about that. Wonder what they got?
Surely not just an anytime FP...

I heard they got several hundred in gift cards, a handful of anytime FP, and an offer to come back at a discount.

Of course you did!! And while ADRs are nice, a place to sleep is maybe even higher on the priority list!

Just a little bit. And not having to change rooms every other day is a bonus!

Day 2

One thing that I failed to mention in the introduction is why this is considered a “bonus” trip. Normally we don’t visit WDW more than once a year, and many of you know we went this March with my parents. Those of you who have been following along on my TRs know that we are part of a band which is part of an even larger Band Association which holds a conference every year in a city somewhere (usually) in America. Well this year’s conference was held in Orlando, so we just tacked a few days onto the the trip in advance of the conference. This is why we were only at Disney for five nights, which quickly became an issue for Fran, hence the quick return trip in February.

On this second day, I woke at 6:30AM and thought maybe it would be good to take another tub, I closed my eyes, and when my eyes opened again it was 8:30AM. Because Fran's scooter was on the fritz (see bonus features on last TR), and I didn't need a scooter for the band portion of our trip, we decided to rent a scooter for the four days at WDW. The delivery was scheduled for 9:30AM, but just after I woke up, the guy started texting me asking if I would be ready at 8:47AM. I rushed to get dressed and met him at the front of the hotel. (See new policies for Disney stroller and scooter rental.) He apologized since he didn't get the memo that they had changed the time from 9AM to 9:30, but at least it was over with.

Since I was dressed, I couldn't go back to sleep after that. It's just a thing for me, once I'm up and dressed I'm good to start the day. Well I guess that depends on how tired I am cause let's just say that isn't the case 10 or so days later! (Foreshadowing) So I made coffee, and went to work on waking Fran up. It was around 10:20 when George was on the TV that she actually started to come to actual consciousness. She will tell me all morning that she's awake, but then she goes right back to snoring. I gave her a piece of toast with Sunny cheese and some V8 and she actually sat up and did indeed start to wake up. I realized that my Point & Shoot camera had not been charged in months and was completely dead, so I put it on the charger.

I planned for this to be a slow morning. I mean our bodies thought it was 7:30 or so and rarely are we out of bed at that time. But I did want to be out of the room by noon, so we pressed ahead with the morning routine and we were actually on our way to DHS before noon!

She prepared a collapsible cooler of Mtn Dew and asked if it wanted to bring any of my water bottles. "I forgot to order any….remember, off my game? I was just going to keep refilling my thermal water bottle with ice and let it melt, or use water from the Britta pitcher."

"What about onstage? We don't have the Britta pitcher for that part of the trip?"

"Oops, maybe we'll need Pam to bring us some water."

Another one chalked up to off my game.

Because we both had scooters with solid batteries, we decided to take the path instead of the Friendship boats.

We passed then Yacht Club and I was following the path over the bridge. Fran turns to me and says, "We haven't gone this way before have we?" And that's when I realized that I was going to the Swan and Todd English's Bluezoo.

She looked at me and said, "What is the matter with you? You really are off your game!" I'd been trying to tell her, but she didn't want to believe me. I guess I've set the bar so high on previous trips there isn't any room left for error!

After we got through security, Fran asked me if I had one of her bands to use both FP on the coaster. My FP for RnRC had opened at 11:50 and it was after noon. Uh, no. I left all the spare MBs in the room. She just kind of rolled her eyes like, "when is the real Alison coming back?" She tried to give me her MB, but I reminded her that she needed it to get into the park before she could give it to me.

It was 12:30 when we entered the park and I went right to RnRC while she went shopping. I love this ride picture! I could see the two girls in front prepping for their poses (which were nearly identical to my own) while we were ready to launch. What I didn't know was the big buff guy next to me (he was really tall, I remember noticing that when they put him next to me), is practically crying like a little girl!

After my first ride. I found her at the exit of the ride and gave her my phone so that I wouldn't have to worry about it on the next ride. I did it a second time and I like my facial expression a little better in this one.

Then it was time for lunch. We had a reservation for 50s Prime Time Cafe and we pretty much knew going in that we were going to order the onion rings and Fried Chicken. She also wanted to try the PB&J milkshake. Our server was really good. When she said we were splitting everything he brought our shakes in two cups. I was going to let her have most of it, but kudos to him for paying attention!

Our chicken and onion rings arrived together, and we split the chicken onto the extra plate he had brought for us.

It was just the right amount of food. I could have eaten a few more mashed potatoes and corn, but I left full, but not overstuffed.

It was just about time for our Star Tours FP, so we headed in that direction. Fran did a little bit of shopping in the dump store before we went on the ride. We got Vader, the Wookie planet, Admiral Akbar warned us about the Rebel Spy and we ended up taking the spy to Coruscant. Then we headed into Galaxy's Edge. I saw Chewie right off the bat.

For the most part Batuu East and Batuu West are nearly identical, but there are subtle differences. Like take for instance this entrance to the Marketplace. Batuu East.

Batuu West.

And inside the Marketplace, can you tell which is Batuu East and Batuu West?

And the Ronto Roasters guy...

We checked the menu at the restaurant. Yep, same lackluster food as the one back home. On our way down to the Cantina level we saw this rock outcropping over the ramp, and weren’t sure if we had the same one so I took a picture. I’ll have to remember to look in a few weeks when we’re there.

And the wait for the Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run was at a solid 50 minutes the entire time we were there.

This was interesting, that wall across the square that looks like it has iron doors, that’s an exit to Frontierland at home, but looks like it is closed in Batuu East.

In the shops, we found a few things that we hadn’t seen back home. I finally found a shirt that I liked, and we got a couple of other items before we headed to our Cantina reservation. We were seated at a table with other people. Every other time our tablemates have been cool or at least indifferent. This was something new. Some of the people asked for the check, and I remarked, "Huh, they don't make you pay first? At the one in Disneyland, they have you pay up front."

And this jerk replies, "Well I wouldn't trust people in California either." I don't know if I glared at him or not, but I thought it was uncomfortable until he and his companion finally left. He probably didn't care and I won't make any comments that would probably not be allowed due to restrictions on subject commentary on the DIS. But I certainly made them in my own mind.

We had decided in advance that we were only going to get one drink because we had planned to spend the good part of the evening at Trader Sam's and thought it was a good idea to pace ourselves. She got a Yub Nub, because why not get a souvenir? I got the Jedi Mind Trick, cause that's my favorite drink there.

It turns out that the Cantina is pretty much identical to the DL version. We had a second reservation later in the week that we canceled since we really didnt need to go back. It's a fun place to visit, but it's not a great place to hang out, relax and have a drink. Plus there's no food there either. Usually when I'm drinking, I prefer to have some food to go along with it.

We made our way out of the park traveling through Toy Story Land this time, so we made a full circle. Fran complained about the transition from TS land to SWGE. She said it was too abrupt and needed more corners. What do you think?

I do have to say that the way it's done in DL is pretty good, you do feel very isolated and in another world when you're there.

The wait for SDD was down to 75 minutes. That's 21% less than the last time I was here. I guess the MF:SR ride was taking off some of the pressure. On our way to the park exit we went through some shops, but didn't find anything we couldn't live without.

Since both scooters still had full batteries, we took the path back to the Beach Club instead of the Friendship boats. We beat them by miles.

Next up: It’s Tiki Time!

On this second day, I woke at 6:30AM and thought maybe it would be good to take another tub, I closed my eyes, and when my eyes opened again it was 8:30AM.

Be carerful, Girl!! One of these days you're going to drown in there!

She looked at me and said, "What is the matter with you? You really are off your game!" I'd been trying to tell her, but she didn't want to believe me. I guess I've set the bar so high on previous trips there isn't any room left for error!

Wow!! Off your game!

She also wanted to try the PB&J milkshake.

Sooooo good!!!

I could have eaten a few more mashed potatoes and corn,

Us too. So much that we ordered more.

Yep, same lackluster food as the one back home.

I liked the hot dog, but it was too big and didn't look at the food in Docking Bay.

z19LG1006DHS14.jpg

ON my last right there, they had the line snake through that door that was open. I didn't even notice where it went to.

And this jerk replies, "Well I wouldn't trust people in California either." I don't know if I glared at him or not, but I thought it was uncomfortable until he and his companion finally left.

Well that was quite a blanket statement. :confused3

We had a second reservation later in the week that we canceled since we really didnt need to go back. It's a fun place to visit, but it's not a great place to hang out, relax and have a drink. Plus there's no food there either. Usually when I'm drinking, I prefer to have some food to go along with it.
This.

One and done. Interesting once, but no food, not relaxing to hang out with no pressure to leave, and tablemate roulette games.

We made our way out of the park traveling through Toy Story Land this time, so we made a full circle. Fran complained about the transition from TS land to SWGE. She said it was too abrupt and needed more corners. What do you think?
YES!!!!!! The transition from Frontierland to SW:GE West is really done WELL! Textures and colors blend wonderfully. The one to ToyStory is... jarring. WAY too abrupt and NOT done well at all. She is right and it needs work. A lot of work.

Nice update.

What's Sunny cheese?

Thank you for the East and West comparisons. I think I am over SWGE until the new ride opens. I agree about having food with drinks; food is social and they missed the mark in the cantina and in SWGE in general.

I heard they got several hundred in gift cards, a handful of anytime FP, and an offer to come back at a discount.
Hmmmm… not bad. Depending on the discount...
On this second day, I woke at 6:30AM
That's the Alison I know.
I closed my eyes, and when my eyes opened again it was 8:30AM.
No way! Really!
But... good! You must've needed it.
the guy started texting me asking if I would be ready at 8:47AM
Eep! Run!!!!!
Since I was dressed, I couldn't go back to sleep after that. It's just a thing for me, once I'm up and dressed I'm good to start the day.
Yeah, I'm the same way. Once I'm up... I'm up.
Well I guess that depends on how tired I am cause let's just say that isn't the case 10 or so days later! (Foreshadowing)
dun dun dunnnnn...
George was on the TV
:confused3
She will tell me all morning that she's awake, but then she goes right back to snoring.
wakeup1.gif
"What about onstage? We don't have the Britta pitcher for that part of the trip?"

"Oops, maybe we'll need Pam to bring us some water."

Another one chalked up to off my game.
Yep. You're off your game...
We passed then Yacht Club and I was following the path over the bridge. Fran turns to me and says, "We haven't gone this way before have we?" And that's when I realized that I was going to the Swan and Todd English's Bluezoo.

She looked at me and said, "What is the matter with you? You really are off your game!"
She's right!
Uh, no. I left all the spare MBs in the room. She just kind of rolled her eyes like, "when is the real Alison coming back?
I'm not sure who's still sleepy at this point.

:rolleyes:
I love this ride picture! I could see the two girls in front prepping for their poses (which were nearly identical to my own) while we were ready to launch. What I didn't know was the big buff guy next to me (he was really tall, I remember noticing that when they put him next to me), is practically crying like a little girl!

:lmao:
Love that!!
I did it a second time and I like my facial expression a little better in this one.
Oh? You look almost identical in both!
the onion rings and Fried Chicken.
Excellent choice. ::yes::
I've had it and really liked it. I haven't ordered it in a while since it's just too much food, then.
How did you guys like it?
When she said we were splitting everything he brought our shakes in two cups. I was going to let her have most of it, but kudos to him for paying attention!
Good waiter. ::yes::
Nice shot!
For the most part Batuu East and Batuu West are nearly identical, but there are subtle differences. Like take for instance this entrance to the Marketplace. Batuu East.
Ah yes. You can tell, but... I can't tell which is which (without you having told us, I mean.)
Nope!
Nice effort. And that's a tough one to pull off.
And the wait for the Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run was at a solid 50 minutes the entire time we were there.
Not bad. Considering SDD is longer.
And this jerk replies, "Well I wouldn't trust people in California either." I don't know if I glared at him or not, but I thought it was uncomfortable until he and his companion finally left.
Wow.
Yeah... sounds like a jerk.
I got the Jedi Mind Trick, cause that's my favorite drink there.
Good reason. :)
Fran complained about the transition from TS land to SWGE. She said it was too abrupt and needed more corners. What do you think?
Hmm... I didn't particularly notice it at the time, but... looking back. Yeah... it's abrupt.

The delivery was scheduled for 9:30AM, but just after I woke up, the guy started texting me asking if I would be ready at 8:47AM. I rushed to get dressed and met him at the front of the hotel. (See new policies for Disney stroller and scooter rental.) He apologized since he didn't get the memo that they had changed the time from 9AM to 9:30, but at least it was over with.
That's a little frustrating, but I'm glad it worked out ok. Honestly, hard to fault the scooter company too much. It has to be harder for them to hit their target time if they have to serve multiple guests at multiple resorts. Disney's policy change makes the whole system more difficult.
That says a lot when the expectation is perfection! :rotfl2:
What I didn't know was the big buff guy next to me (he was really tall, I remember noticing that when they put him next to me), is practically crying like a little girl!
:rotfl2::lmao::rotfl:
We had decided in advance that we were only going to get one drink because we had planned to spend the good part of the evening at Trader Sam's and thought it was a good idea to pace ourselves. She got a Yub Nub, because why not get a souvenir? I got the Jedi Mind Trick, cause that's my favorite drink there.
Well, not only do you have to pace yourselves from the alcohol consumption standpoint, but probably more importantly, from budgetary constraints.

I woke at 6:30AM and thought maybe it would be good to take another tub, I closed my eyes, and when my eyes opened again it was 8:30AM.

Sounds like my wife. :rolleyes1

She will tell me all morning that she's awake, but then she goes right back to snoring.

Oh, man. This is getting worrisome.

After we got through security, Fran asked me if I had one of her bands to use both FP on the coaster. My FP for RnRC had opened at 11:50 and it was after noon. Uh, no. I left all the spare MBs in the room.

Who are you and what have you done with Alison???

What I didn't know was the big buff guy next to me (he was really tall, I remember noticing that when they put him next to me), is practically crying like a little girl!

:lmao::rotfl2::rotfl:

I did it a second time and I like my facial expression a little better in this one.

Looks identical to me. Did you Photoshop yourself into another photo? :rotfl:

We had a reservation for 50s Prime Time Cafe and we pretty much knew going in that we were going to order the onion rings and Fried Chicken. She also wanted to try the PB&J milkshake.

You pretty much have to order all 3. Best stuff on the menu.

We got Vader

I don't believe you. That scene doesn't really exist.

Nope. But maybe when I visit next in 2027, I'll be able to figure it out.

Every other time our tablemates have been cool or at least indifferent. This was something new. Some of the people asked for the check, and I remarked, "Huh, they don't make you pay first? At the one in Disneyland, they have you pay up front."

And this jerk replies, "Well I wouldn't trust people in California either."

Yikes. I'm sure he had no idea you were from California. Still, I can see why that would tick you off.

We had decided in advance that we were only going to get one drink because we had planned to spend the good part of the evening at Trader Sam's and thought it was a good idea to pace ourselves.

Definitely a good idea!

I have no idea. Will let you know in 2027. :laughing:

Be carerful, Girl!! One of these days you're going to drown in there!

I'm more worried about me drowning in a nighttime tub. In the mornings I don't end up wanting to rustle myself out of bed.

Wow!! Off your game!

I know! Totally!

Sooooo good!!!

Us too. So much that we ordered more.

I didn't know you could do that!

I liked the hot dog, but it was too big and didn't look at the food in Docking Bay.

We split it on our preview day. It hit the spot, but I didn't think it was worth $14.99 especially when we had the Chicken Dinner at Plaza Inn for like $18.99 or something close.

ON my last right there, they had the line snake through that door that was open. I didn't even notice where it went to.

When we did the previews they had another gate there, and the inside one was open. That was where they made the line go for people wanting to get into the Cantina.

Well that was quite a blanket statement. :confused3

Yeah, I could say all kinds of things, but will keep my mouth shut being that there are rules about what you can't talk about on this forum.

This.

One and done. Interesting once, but no food, not relaxing to hang out with no pressure to leave, and tablemate roulette games.

Yeah, I'm going twice this month, but only because we are going with people who haven't been and would like to see it.

YES!!!!!! The transition from Frontierland to SW:GE West is really done WELL! Textures and colors blend wonderfully. The one to ToyStory is... jarring. WAY too abrupt and NOT done well at all. She is right and it needs work. A lot of work.

I told her and she was pleased that someone agreed with her!

Nice update.

What's Sunny cheese?

Thanks!

Pasteurized Processed American Cheese Food. We had a cat named Sunny who used to love it, but if we gave her a whole slice she would get diarrhea, so we only gave her a couple bites when we let her have it. Funny thing is that she also liked cantaloupe.

Thank you for the East and West comparisons. I think I am over SWGE until the new ride opens. I agree about having food with drinks; food is social and they missed the mark in the cantina and in SWGE in general.

I am and am not. I'm looking forward to riding the ride again this week. Especially with new people. And I won't mind going to the Cantina again, although it will be interesting to see what sort of table mates we end up with, after being seated with a total jerk. Everyone in Cali has been fun or indifferent, but never rude.

Glad to read another one of your reports. You two are living the Disney life and I enjoy living it vicariously.

No way! Really!
But... good! You must've needed it.

I think I did. We were really stressed leading up to this trip and I think if we had done the Disney portion after the band part we would have ended up sleeping the entire time at Disney. As it is it just got us unstressed enough to make it through the band part.

Yeah, I'm the same way. Once I'm up... I'm up.

I don't know how people put clothes on, do stuff and then say, "Oh but I have to go back and take a shower before I'm ready." I take the shower before i put the clothes on and I'm ready. I don't go anywhere half ready. It doesn't make sense.

Yep. You're off your game...

And it goes on and on. :sad2:

I'm not sure who's still sleepy at this point.

:rolleyes:

It wasn't sleepyness!

Oh? You look almost identical in both!

Same pose but i liked the second facial expression at little better it was more pronounced.

Excellent choice. ::yes::

I should have taken that as foreshadowing. :sad2:

I've had it and really liked it. I haven't ordered it in a while since it's just too much food, then.
How did you guys like it?

I thought it was OK, but I shouldn't really eat ice cream if I plan to stay awake, plus she likes peanut butter a lot more than I do.

Ah yes. You can tell, but... I can't tell which is which (without you having told us, I mean.)

I probably can tell now if someone showed me both, but only a few areas, most are completely identical.

Wow.
Yeah... sounds like a jerk.

Yeah, I had to keep my mouth shut about what I wanted to say. However while in line for the Cantina this past weekend, when I told that story along with what I would've said, it made us friends in the line! :laughing:

Hmm... I didn't particularly notice it at the time, but... looking back. Yeah... it's abrupt.

I didn't notice either, but Fran didn't like it at all, and kept saying so.

That's a little frustrating, but I'm glad it worked out ok. Honestly, hard to fault the scooter company too much. It has to be harder for them to hit their target time if they have to serve multiple guests at multiple resorts. Disney's policy change makes the whole system more difficult.

Well actually this company wasn't affected by the new rules because they always met their guests with the scooters. He went over all the operations, and I'm glad he did! This one had a USB charging port on it and I never would have known, if it had just been dropped off at the Bell desk.

That says a lot when the expectation is perfection! :rotfl2:

:sad2: It doesn't leave much of a margin for error.

Well, not only do you have to pace yourselves from the alcohol consumption standpoint, but probably more importantly, from budgetary constraints.

Well, not so much budgetary, I mean, sort of. Fran constantly overrides the budget committee, or she doesn't even consult. :sad2:

Uh....this is getting creepy.... :rolleyes1

Oh, man. This is getting worrisome.

You're telling me!

Who are you and what have you done with Alison???

Yeah, pretty much that's going on for quite a bit of the trip!

Looks identical to me. Did you Photoshop yourself into another photo? :rotfl:

No, my tongue position is more Gene Simmons like in the second picture.

You pretty much have to order all 3. Best stuff on the menu.

I don't believe you. That scene doesn't really exist.

You may or may not believe that.....this isn't the scene you're looking for....

Nope. But maybe when I visit next in 2027, I'll be able to figure it out.

Well, perhaps you can come out here and not have to worry since our transitions are all seamless.

Yikes. I'm sure he had no idea you were from California. Still, I can see why that would tick you off.

And the way he said it immediately let me know several other things about him.....

Definitely a good idea!

Yeah, cause wait until you see the next chapter! Ha ha ha!

I have no idea. Will let you know in 2027. :laughing:

:laughing:

OK, so I just got back from a lovely long weekend out at the Grand Californian and DL/DCA. The funny thing is that we spent almost as long as we were at WDW for this last trip out there, but I’ll not have nearly as many photos or stories when I get around to that trip in the bonus features!

I had hoped to post this update before we left, but as it is we barely made it out there our first day and it was much more hectic and exhausting than I had imagined it would be! But now back to the TR!

We had just returned from our afternoon at Hollywood Studios and Batuu East. Back in the room I changed into more Tiki appropriate attire and embarked on our next leg of the journey.

Originally the plan had been to spend day #2 at Epcot, but due to a bit of pixie dust which was bestowed upon us, we had a change in plans. Now the next events were only influenced by the change of plans, but suffice to say we were not going to be heading to Epcot the next day, so desperate measures had to be taken.

The week before a Minnie Dirndl was released at the Germany pavilion and I wanted it, so we made our way through Epcot to the Monorail. First we stopped at the Belgium booth for some waffles, because this is one of my favorite booths at the F&W Festival. Plus we didn't want to arrive hangry at Trader Sam's. We got the waffle with Berry Compote.

And the waffle with chocolate sauce.

We went to Germany next and found my dress.

Then we got some caramels from Karamel Kuche. Four marshmallow swirls,

four milk chocolate salted caramel, and caramel corn

and a chocolate and caramel covered apple (which they cut for us, something they won't do at DL. Sure they give you a plastic knife that snaps to pieces when you try…ok rant over)

Then we were on our way to the monorail. We got off at the TTC and despite all the construction were able to find our way to the Poly and eventually Trader Sam's. We didn't have to take a pager or give them our cell phone number. They were letting people into the bar, with the caveat that you could join folks at their tables or just stand around with a drink.

Being that we are adept table stalkers, a skill we acquired at our own Trader Sam's which is about ⅓ the size of the WDW version, we noticed a couple seated underneath the goddess who had a credit card out, and we lurked near their table. They must have taken pity on Fran cause they got up and let us have the table even though they weren't done signing the check. Sorry about the blurry picture.

Fran started off with a Krakatoa Punch.

I had the Dark and Stormy ungraded to a Category 5, which meant extra and premium rum. Boy did this one have a kick! Both us said Wow! With our first taste.

We also ordered some pan fried dumplings. These were really extra good this time.

We also ordered the chicken in lettuce cups, which were super good as well.

Fran finished her drink really quickly and ordered a Shrunken Zombie Head. My drink was really strong so I was nursing it.

Eventually I finished my Dark and Stormy and ordered a pearl.

Fran was still hungry so she got an order of Kalua Pork Tacos. I didn't like these at all, so we won't get them in the future.

She decided she would finish up with a HippopotoMaiTai. But she went off to the restroom and I ended up finishing it off for her.

We looked at the gift store and she found some stuff that she wanted. No idea what, some shirts, tiki mugs, something like that. Then we headed off to the monorail. As we passed the gates to the MK the fireworks were going off. It was a Halloween party night and seeing them from outside the gates made us excited to see them from inside the party two nights later.

As we made our way to the bus stop we started to feel drops on us. As we got closer to the covered waiting area the drops got more intense. As we sat and waited for the bus, the rain became a full on deluge. Luckily it was short lived and the rain was over by the time we got to the Beach Club and we made it back to the room nice and dry. Again I lounged in the tub before settling off to sleep.

He apologized since he didn't get the memo that they had changed the time from 9AM to 9:30, but at least it was over with.

Well at least he seemed like a nice guy hey!

I'd been trying to tell her, but she didn't want to believe me. I guess I've set the bar so high on previous trips there isn't any room left for error!

You do plan (and execute!) excellent trips! No wonder she wasn't believing.

This Is Awesome!
That guy!

Then there is this guy "hmmmm" he's thinking

I think I'd like it as a PB&C - aka and chocolate!

Which chicken is better? WDW or DL?

This picture- I can't put my finger on it- like why are none of those peops looking at Chewie?

this jerk replies, "Well I wouldn't trust people in California either."

What a jerk indeed. I hope you did glare.

Usually when I'm drinking, I prefer to have some food to go along with it.
Me too!

Fun comparison of GE West and GE East! Thanks for sharing!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!